Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dullest Film Ever

Full of yourself, aren't you?
Think of the numbers.

Think of the numbers in the fucking modern age, millions of people died in WW1, WW2, the holocaust ffs, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan - we have crammed more killing into 100 years than anyone in the Iron age could even have imagined - are you really so goddamn stupid that you think the last century with its industrialisation of war, is somehow minor shit in comparison to the iron age with armies meeting on a field with iron and bronze swords and spears? Really????

Think of the numbers in the fucking modern age, millions of people died in WW1, WW2, the holocaust ffs, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan - we have crammed more killing into 100 years than anyone in the Iron age could even have imagined - are you really so goddamn stupid that you think the last century with its industrialisation of war, is somehow minor shit in comparison to the iron age? Really????
not to mention the c19 taiping rebellion, rwanda, cambodia.

Also, as an individual, am I more or less likely to suffer some form of violence today than I would have in 1066, 1560, 1666, or 1840?

But what about since then?

FFS, what "since then" do you need? Would all this be alright with you if there had been a "since then" where everyone has been at peace? There Has Been No Peace. There has been war, constantly, for 100 years. Not war that *you* might have been involved in, but there has been war. Don't try to make out that we live in an era of peace - because it's a fucking joke tbh that you even try to say it.

Don't try to make out that we live in an era of peace - because it's a fucking joke tbh that you even try to say it.
I'm going to lose my temper with you if you keep putting words in my mouth and misrepresenting what people are saying.

If you're really an archeologist you probably aren't completely fucking stupid, so stop acting like you are.

Last edited:
Look at all the cute little creatures

latest

Also, as an individual, am I more or less likely to suffer some form of violence today than I would have in 1066, 1560, 1666, or 1840?

Depends how close you are standing to me and the size of the frying pan I'll whack you with ;)

Think of the numbers in the fucking modern age, millions of people died in WW1, WW2, the holocaust ffs, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan - we have crammed more killing into 100 years than anyone in the Iron age could even have imagined - are you really so goddamn stupid that you think the last century with its industrialisation of war, is somehow minor shit in comparison to the iron age with armies meeting on a field with iron and bronze swords and spears? Really????
Yes, considering how many billions of us do not meet violent ends.

Not about 2001, which is the only thing that should matter here and which I will bring up every so often to put the momentous ego trip here in context.

Sorry, what was the momentous thing that was different about 2001 that I lived through and kind of forgot but apparently should have remembered?

Do you actually read the posts you respond to?

Yes but sometimes stuff seems irrelevant (tbh about 95% of the stuff posted on Urban politics/massive bunfight forum is irrelevant and isn't needed), if it is supposed to be relevant to me, then remind me about it.

How many billions do you think met violent ends in the past? Do you really think "the past" is like some horrendous version of 300, with billions of people dying in a clash of swords every day? Where on earth did you study?
Sorry Epona, I can't be arsed anymore.

Yes but sometimes stuff seems irrelevant (tbh about 95% of the stuff posted on Urban politics/massive bunfight forum is irrelevant and isn't needed), if it is supposed to be relevant to me, then remind me about it.

I don't understand your answer to my question. Did you read my question?

I don't understand your answer to my question. Did you read my question?

Not sure I can be arsed really. I'm sure that if I duck out to spend time with my husband now he's home from work, you can probably make up an argument without me as your primary target to throw spears at :)

Not sure I can be arsed really. I'm sure that if I duck out to spend time with my husband now he's home from work, you can probably make up an argument without me as your primary target to throw spears at :)

I'm not arguing with you, although you do seem intent on arguing with others, putting words in their mouths and generally not demonstrating that you have read anything they have written. In doing so you have derailed the thread (with help!).

Perhaps that's the way scholars debate and I'm just being thick, I left school at 16 to drive a fork truck and didn't study anywhere.

Have a good evening with your husband.

And if anyone seriously thinks that battles in 400BC, and wars at that point were ANYTHING LIKE the devastation of WWI and WWII, then they are completely fucking batshit insane.

I'm not arguing with you, although you do seem intent on arguing with others, putting words in their mouths and generally not demonstrating that you have read anything they have written. In doing so you have derailed the thread (with help!).

Perhaps that's the way scholars debate and I'm just being thick, I left school at 16 to drive a fork truck and didn't study anywhere.

Have a good evening with your husband.

Honestly, you've stumbled into this discussion halfway through.. thanks for the good wishes, the same to you :)

Honestly, you've stumbled into this discussion halfway through.. thanks for the good wishes, the same to you :)

I've been following this dull discussion all afternoon. There was no stumbling involved, but thanks for being so dismissive of humble old me.

And if anyone seriously thinks that battles in 400BC, and wars at that point were ANYTHING LIKE the devastation of WWI and WWII, then they are completely fucking batshit insane.
But the numbers not hurt by WWII are even more humongous

Back
Top Bottom