Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sentence from his speech today is quite special.
"When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice."

But that's just the standard type of crap that all politicians come out with.

I'm mean it's trite crap but it's trite crap the fucking Bragg come come out with.

Well its done, he has his (small) finger on the nuclear button.

Again he referenced the forgotten man in his inauguration speech.
JM102_The-Forgotten-Man---__79954.1460475181.1280.1280.jpg

The idea that the white middle class hetro males are the most picked upon people in the US.

First policy announcement from the Whitehouse is they're going to build a misdile defence shield against Iran and north Korea
Trump to develop missile defense system against Iran, North Korea: White House
Trump will have had the usual Presidential nuclear briefing and he may have soiled himself.

Iran has no nukes and there is deal not to make any; well for now. Trump has been poised to shred that and the Iranian hawks might well greet that as Allah's hand at work. NorK's batshit crazy and still trying to get a viable nuke into a nose cone. Trump basically dissed that as a credible threat to the US a week ago. He's not wrong: Japan might lose a city. Russia is the only enemy state with the comparable ICBM arsenal to the US. Do the math; Putin certainly will. Russia has a doctrine of winnable escalation into nuclear war but now has to worry it has a shelf date.

When the US under Reagan started boosting a barely credible SDI project the Kremlin fearing a decapitation strike by a less vulnerable enemy built a partially automatic system that would trigger a massive nuclear attack against the West if a decapitation strike succeeded. Essentially a doomsday device straight out of Dr Strangelove but twenty years later. As in Kubrick's satire of MAD the insane buggers in the Kremlin didn't actually tell the Americans they'd done that till the 90s so it had zero deterrent effect. And these where patient old Communists who believed history promised them victory not siloviki on the make. Probably defunct now but no one really knows.

US missile defence tech is more workable now but so are systems to defeat it. Am ICBM exchange still means some warheads flattening US cities and millions of American casualties.

Welcome to the the new Cold War.

I actually thought some of the speech was not that bad - had it been spoken by just about anyone else.

eta: this might just have been because I had such low expectations

True enough, now you mention it, gawd, remembering thon twat makes me feel me years, but, if you want to be really depressed, look at how long Mugabe has survived.

Mugabe might be a twat but he did actually fight and suffer for his beliefs. It's as if you've compared Mao to some Ming dynasty princeling. Whatever Trump ends up doing I'll bet it won't include being tortured by Rhodesian secret police or whatever. Won't surprise me if he decides to grow a weird creepy moustache though.

Mugabe might be a twat but he did actually fight and suffer for his beliefs. It's as if you've compared Mao to some Ming dynasty princeling. Whatever Trump ends up doing I'll bet it won't include being tortured by Rhodesian secret police or whatever. Won't surprise me if he decides to grow a weird creepy moustache though.

And when he triumphed, Mugabe slaughtered how many of his erstwhile former compatriots in the 'freedom struggle?
Mind you, if The Buffoon follows a similiar pattern towards the 1% ers who have backed him"......:D

And when he triumphed, Mugabe slaughtered how many of his erstwhile former compatriots in the 'freedom struggle?
Mind you, if The Buffoon follows a similiar pattern towards the 1% ers who have backed him"......:D

Not saying I like the guy or anything, you have your Mao's or your Mugabe's on the one hand... then you got your Trumps. Not sure there's any elucidation to be had lumping billionaire brats in with your hard-bitten grudge-bearing 'strivers' iyswim. Totally different personality type in my humble opinion.

Not saying I like the guy or anything, you have your Mao's or your Mugabe's on the one hand... then you got your Trumps. Not sure there's any elucidation to be had lumping billionaire brats in with your hard-bitten grudge-bearing 'strivers' iyswim. Totally different personality type in my humble opinion.

To cut to the quick, once they get a sniff of power ( and associated loot) they quickly forget the sad sods who trusted them to deliver a small modicum of prosperity.
ETA "a small modicum"

To cut to the quick, once they get a sniff of power ( and associated loot) they quickly forget the sad sods who trusted them to deliver a small modicum of prosperity.
ETA "a small modicum"

I guess I'm saying it's a totally different brand of self-entitlement, different sorts of origins.

re that painting - i had to look it up - thought it was a spoof - anyhow the guy has some more, in case you havent seen them
today is a good day to take them in...

3000.jpg

3000.jpg

Well its done, he has his (small) finger on the nuclear button.

Again he referenced the forgotten man in his inauguration speech.
JM102_The-Forgotten-Man---__79954.1460475181.1280.1280.jpg

The idea that the white middle class hetro males are the most picked upon people in the US.

Aren't the working class called the middle class in the States?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom