Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a piddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest."

Is that it? A bit of watersports?

If this fuckwit can survive boasting about grabbing women by their pussies and still get elected then is not in any way going to damage him.

Is that it? A bit of watersports?

If this fuckwit can survive boasting about grabbing women by their pussies and still get elected then is not in any way going to damage him.
Well yes, after the things he's actually said and done, you wonder what the threshold would be to topple him. Same time the 'pussy grabbing', whilst it was an admission wasn't accompanied by evidence. If the watersports thing happened and if there was film of it, it would probably end him, even though he wouldn't go quietly, to say the least. Of course if the Russians had such evidence, they wouldn't release it as that would remove any leverage they had over him.

If I were Mexican or Canadian I would start self funding a very tall, sealed wall...

Anti-Vaccine Activist Says Trump Wants Him to Lead Panel on Immunization Safety
A prominent anti-vaccine crusader said on Tuesday that President-elect Donald J. Trump had asked him to lead a new government commission on vaccine safety and scientific integrity — a possibility that spread alarm among medical experts that Mr. Trump could be giving credence to debunked conspiracy theories about the dangers of immunizations.

If these allegations are proven to be true what can this mean for his presidency? Can it still be stopped? Or will he potentially be impeached once he's in office?

If these allegations are proven to be true what can this mean for his presidency? Can it still be stopped? Or will he potentially be impeached once he's in office?

The inauguration will go ahead, the bribery allegations and collusion with Moscow might be enough for impeachment, though this would probably have to involve Russian spies generously agreeing to hand over a secret dossier that they say doesn't exist.

The inauguration will go ahead, the bribery allegations and collusion with Moscow might be enough for impeachment, though this would probably have to involve Russian spies generously agreeing to hand over a secret dossier that they say doesn't exist.
As a sort of thought experiment... if it was true, if evidence came to light, there would probably be enough to start an impeachment process. He would have been, after all, colluding with what is nominally a hostile state. However this would have to be worth its while for the Republicans to push it. The cycle of American politics is relatively short. Even though - in such a thought experiment - the story would be a gift for the Democrats in the mid-term elections, the Republicans would probably settle for getting someone else as candidate for 2020 (which they probably want anyway).

The pissing thing is different. Trump doesn't care about it as a story, even if it becomes a verified story. He's beyond embarrassment. However if there was a video, that's a different matter. Not even the Shameless one could cope with the whole internet laughing at him ... forever.

Edit: and while this is probably pointless speculation on my part, it's something that will crop up and play out several times over the next 4 years. There are bound to be so many stories out there about groping and worse.

Personally, it's a win-win for me. Trump forced to resign? Well, the bad news is Pence is the next POTUS, but that might teach the USA not to vote Satan once and for all. If the story turns out to be the CIA and MSM getting trolled by jerks on 4chan, that might just sink their credibility to the lowest since WMD-Iraq crap. EIther way, fuck'em.

Here is what Robert Reich says on FB:

1. He’ll have violated Article I, Section 9 of the Constitution, which prohibits someone in federal office from receiving anything of value from a foreign government. Trump’s far-flung businesses around the world are often owned or part-owned by foreign governments, and he has already done things or said things that will enhance the profits of those businesses. Meanwhile, the Trump organization continues to urge foreign dignitaries to stay at the Trump International Hotel – a clear violation.

2. He'll also have violated the 1967 Anti-Nepotism law prohibits a president from hiring a family member for a public office. Yet Trump is making his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, Senior Advisor to the President. The purpose of the law was to prevent even the appearance that someone holds office because of family ties rather than competence or expertise.

Are these the kind of “high crimes and misdemeanors” that the Constitution finds to be impeachable offenses (Article I, Section 5)? Maybe.

Of course, if the Putin connection reveals Trump to have been involved in stealing the election, he’s almost surely impeached and convicted.

But there’s another way to get rid of Trump: The 25th Amendment to the Constitution gives the Vice President, together with a “majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide,” authority to remove the President for being “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.”

Trump is nuts. My betting is on the 25th Amendment.

The good news seems to be that this violent sexual predatory lunatic (who sexually objectifies children as young as 10) will be kicked to curb like the trash that he is. The bad news is that that deranged cunt Pence will take over.

As a sort of thought experiment... if it was true, if evidence came to light, there would probably be enough to start an impeachment process. He would have been, after all, colluding with what is nominally a hostile state. However this would have to be worth its while for the Republicans to push it. The cycle of American politics is relatively short. Even though - in such a thought experiment - the story would be a gift for the Democrats in the mid-term elections, the Republicans would probably settle for getting someone else as candidate for 2020 (which they probably want anyway).

The pissing thing is different. Trump doesn't care about it as a story, even if it becomes a verified story. He's beyond embarrassment. However if there was a video, that's a different matter. Not even the Shameless one could cope with the whole internet laughing at him ... forever.

Edit: and while this is probably pointless speculation on my part, it's something that will crop up and play out several times over the next 4 years. There are bound to be so many stories out there about groping and worse.
Impeachment won't happen unless he makes enough enemies on his own side of the fence - not impossible, maybe likely, but not inevitable. That was what did for Nixon. What Reagan did in Iran-Contra was probably worse than Watergate, but the GOP had his back (the dirty shower of bastards).

Impeachment won't happen unless he makes enough enemies on his own side of the fence - not impossible, maybe likely, but not inevitable. That was what did for Nixon. What Reagan did in Iran-Contra was probably worse than Watergate, but the GOP had his back (the dirty shower of bastards).
My guess is the story will eventually sink back into the general morass of things Trump has probably done. For it to get anywhere and, as you say, get Republicans behind it, the story would need to both hard evidence and to become framed as 'traitorous' anti-American behaviour.

1. He’ll have violated Article I, Section 9 of the Constitution, which prohibits someone in federal office from receiving anything of value from a foreign government

Did he though? Isn't it a bodily waste byproduct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom