Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell whether this is sarcastic or not.

Hopefully I am wrong, I thought that Clinton was going to win, but Bannon seems like the type to me that would be delighted by a pogrom.
He's non-violent. But he could justify and call for more. While defending free speech.

Under Bannon’s Leadership, Breitbart Openly Embraced The White Supremacist Alt-Right. Andrew Breitbart despised racism. Truly despised it. He used to brag regularly about helping to integrate his fraternity at Tulane University. He insisted that racial stories be treated with special care to avoid even the whiff of racism. With Bannon embracing Trump, all that changed. Now Breitbart has become the alt-right go-to website, with Yiannopoulos pushing white ethno-nationalism as a legitimate response to political correctness, and the comment section turning into a cesspool for white supremacist mememakers.

Many former employees of Breitbart News are afraid of Steve Bannon. He is a vindictive, nasty figure, infamous for verbally abusing supposed friends and threatening enemies. Bannon is a smarter version of Trump: he’s an aggressive self-promoter who name-drops to heighten his profile and woo bigger names, and then uses those bigger names as stepping stools to his next destination. Trump may be his final destination. Or it may not. He will attempt to ruin anyone who impedes his unending ambition, and he will use anyone bigger than he is – for example, Donald Trump – to get where he wants to go. Bannon knows that in the game of thrones, you win or die. And he certainly doesn’t intend to die. He’ll kill everyone else before he goes.

Bannon’s ascension is the predictable consummation of a romance he ardently pursued. I joked with friends months ago that by the end of the campaign, Steve Bannon would be running Trump’s campaign from a bunker. That’s now reality. Every nightmare for actual conservatives has come true in this campaign. Why not this one, too?

I Know Trump's New Campaign Chairman, Steve Bannon. Here's What You Need To Know.

I’m really not doing this to pick another fight with Sanders people, aware as I am that they’ll pick it with me as soon as they read this. You’ll note I’ve written this column in very non-bombastic language. I’m doing this to make a broader point, a point that is all too rarely made and one I’d love to debate with people who are willing to debate in decent faith, that bears directly on the choices the broad left needs to make now. That point is about the differences between left-populism and right-populism. In sum, I thought in the spring and think now that left-populism is a much harder sell to the broader apolitical public than right-populism.

Right-populism has two targets: the elites and the scapegoats. In right-populism, the elites kind of include big banks and corporations. But they are mostly liberals, like Hillary Clinton, who as Trump liked to say have been around for 30 years, why haven’t they changed anything? (A charge he could have lobbed at Bernie, too, by the way.) The scapegoats, of course, are the black and brown people who are taking the white people’s jobs, mooching off their hard-earned tax dollars and so on, and who are protected and coddled by the white liberals. So there’s a class element and a culture element. Put them together, they combust, like Francium and water.

In left-populism, there is just one target: the elites. They are the ones Sanders identified, the people above—Wall Street, the big banks, the piggy billionaires. There are no scapegoats below. This speaks well of left-populism. It doesn’t traffic in race-baiting. In fact, it does much the opposite—it demands of white working-class people that they see what they have in common with their brown and black brothers and sisters and think and act in solidarity with them. That is noble. But it is impossible. A critical mass of working-class white people will just never do that.

No, Bernie Sanders Would Not Have Won

Ku Klux Klan plans ‘victory’ parade to celebrate election of Donald Trump, who ‘united my people’

The march — announced by the Loyal White Knights chapter — will take place on Dec. 3, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, based in North Carolina, posted a large photo of Trump on its website with the message “TRUMP=TRUMP’S RACE UNITED MY PEOPLE.”

Ku Klux Klan plans 'victory' parade to celebrate election of Donald Trump, who 'united my people'

The morning after the election, an influential alt-right blogger who goes by Vox Day wrote, “Donald Trump has a lot to do . . . It is the Alt-Right’s job to move the Overton Window and give him conceptual room to work.” Day and his peers have been doing this job for months. They have flooded the Internet with offensive images and words—cartoon frogs emblazoned with swastikas, theories of racial hierarchy—and then ridiculed anyone who had the temerity to be offended. “Racism and sexism are a) human beliefs, and, b) as legitimately held as any other belief,” Day told me in a recent e-mail. No picture is shocking. No idea is bad.

Who gets to define bad, anyway? “Remember that rhetoric is the art of emotional manipulation,” Day added. Last week, on his blog, Day wrote, “There is no more Republican vs. Democrat. It is now whites vs. non-whites and white quislings.”

On Election Day, I stood outside a small Methodist church in Greensboro, North Carolina, that was serving as a polling place. Standing next to me, passing out flyers promoting a candidate for district-court judge, was a man named Larry, an African-American in his sixties. He made amiable small talk with everyone who passed, including people wearing pro-Trump T-shirts. “I know I don’t want that crazy man to be President, but I don’t have hate in my heart for anybody,” he said. Just before nightfall, a white man with a gray beard left the polls. On his way to the parking lot, he stopped in front of Larry and delivered an unsolicited monologue about why he had just cast his vote for Trump.

“Bill Clinton has an illegitimate mulatto child—you know that, don’t you?” the man said. “That’s fine; I’m O.K. with mixed people, but I’m just saying—why doesn’t he talk about it?” The man mentioned George Wallace, and segregation, and the myriad pathologies he ascribed to “the inner city.” Larry looked at the pavement and didn’t say much. Eventually, the man got in his car and drove away. When he was gone, Larry said, “I’ve seen a lot in this state. I’ve known people whose kin got lynched. In the last twenty years, or thirty, you didn’t hear people saying the things that man said. These days, suddenly, they feel like they’re allowed to say it.”

The Alt-Right Hails Its Victorious God-Emperor - The New Yorker

As researchers who investigate racial attitudes and their relationship to politics, we have been investigating the idea that there are whites in the U.S. who believe that black people are not as evolved as white people. In other words, the dehumanization of blacks. As we watched the rise of Trump, we wondered if the people who held this belief were also more likely to support the Republican nominee.

Our research indicates that many whites see blacks as less human than they see members of their own racial group. More than one-third of whites we surveyed rate black people as “less evolved” than they rate whites. Furthermore, substantial proportions of white respondents say that the terms “savage,” “barbaric,” and “lacking self-restraint, like animals” describe black people well. Those who hold these dehumanizing views of black people are disproportionately likely to support Donald Trump.

These results are not limited to groups of whites that are often stereotyped as racially prejudiced. For instance, 33 percent of white Democrats and 34 percent of high-income whites rated black people as less evolved than white people, compared with 39 percent of white Republicans and 41 percent of low-income whites. Dehumanizing views are pervasive across white social groups.

That said, there is one group of whites that stands out in the degree to which it holds dehumanizing views of black people: Trump supporters.Twenty-eight percent of white Trump opponents rate blacks as less evolved than they rate whites. In contrast, a majority of Trump supporters—52 percent—rate blacks as less evolved than whites.Critically, surveys we conducted earlier in the Republican primary reveal that dehumanization of blacks is not strongly associated with support for other Republican candidates such as Sens. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio.

Many political pundits appear bewildered that a candidate as overtly racist as Trump could have so much success on the presidential campaign trail. But for those whites who deny the full humanity of blacks, Trump may be popular not despite his racism but because of it.

How Do Trump Supporters See Black People? “Less Evolved.”

Don't worry

CxL8l_0XcAAJ7K1.jpg:large

So is the God Emperor gonna get May to free Assange? Given everything, down to promoting the bizarre interpretation that the Podesta e-mails showed evidence of witchcraft, you'd think that Assange was owed something.

Trump to black people: have some incarceration, privatisation and repression

Trump transition team begins minority outreach with "new deal for Black America" - CBS News

It proposes to change the condition of black communities by promoting school choice, reduction of crime, business tax cuts, financial reforms, stopping “trade deficits,” ending illegal immigration, new infrastructure investment, protections for “the African American church” and an “America First” foreign policy.

While much of Trump’s plan already exists as part of his general legislative agenda, it also includes policies specific to inner cities, where he would ramp up law enforcement and look to increase investments.

“We will also have tax holidays for inner-city investment and new tax incentives to get foreign companies to relocate in blighted American neighborhoods,” it reads. “We will empower cities and states to seek a federal disaster designation for blighted communities in order to initiate the rebuilding of vital infrastructure, the demolition of abandoned properties, and the increased presence of law enforcement.”

Clinton's people literally think that they were morally entitled to votes which meant that they didn't have to actually ask for them.

CxM1LgSUQAAzjM4.jpg

CxM1LgUUAAAYv2f.jpg

These are some of the stupidest people on earth.

Establishment Dems: hey you fucking white male, wanting the sort of modest Soc Dem reforms you see in the rest of the Western world is racist and sexist so check your privilege and vote for Hillary Clinton. Or just don't bother, we don't need your votes anyway, there aren't enough of you and you are dying off.

Trump: Hello brother, welcome home. You are great, much like me. Vote me and I will ensure that your every desire is met under my presidency, we will win together.

The mask of white civility hides the face of a monster. In her 2016 book “White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide,” historian Carol Anderson has documented and described how “black progress is the trigger of white rage.” What her work demonstrates is that when many white Americans politely discuss diversity, or discipline children for the use of racial epithets, they are maintaining a façade dependent upon the protection of their authority. As soon as people of color start setting terms for coexistence, the mask comes off and a beast comes out. Currently, the beast wears tanning spray and sports a hideous combover, but he is a beast all the same, and he and his aggrieved coalition of Caucasians threaten to devour years of social and political progress.

My experience makes me unsympathetic to the maudlin and melodramatic tales of “white working class anger” that pundits employed to explain the ascendancy of Donald Trump to the presidency. I live in small town Indiana — “fly-over” territory far outside of New York and Washington, D.C. — where esoteric theories about the “economic frustrations” over “trade and globalization” go to die. In Northern Indiana, white Americans are not studying the numbers of NAFTA and contemplating the strengths and weaknesses of protectionism. Many are practicing a soft racism, though, invisible to the naked eye too easily distracted by the overt bigotry of white supremacists who have changed their stupid and destructive brand to “white nationalism.”

When I was in junior high school, the subdivision where my family lived began to slowly diversify. A Latino family moved into our cul-de-sac, which raised a few eyebrows, but the panic and paranoia really set in and cultivated convulsions as a town hobby when the first black family bought a house down the block. Although I was young, I was old enough to understand the discussions that I could hear the neighbors having, and I was mature enough to find it disturbing. “Here they come”…“Once one comes, the rest will follow”…“I heard there were blacks looking at the house on Manor…”

The “for sale” signs started appearing all around the neighborhood. When a single black man bought a house, followed by a childless black couple, the mass exodus only quickened. White flight happened throughout Lansing, and as more black families moved into town, many of them began to object to the public high school’s mascot. My alma mater’s team name is the “Rebels,” and their logo featured a Yosemite Sam lookalike in Confederate uniform carrying the secessionist flag. For reasons obvious to anyone not wearing the blinders of white rage and fear, black parents did not feel comfortable sending their children to a school proudly waving a flag that symbolizes their enslavement. White parents saw their glorification of a racist emblem not as worthy of reflection and correction, but as a sacred ritual to defend with self-centered fervor. Like maniacs, many whites began to stage marches around the school building, wearing confederate clothing and waving the flag. The small student population of African-Americans suffered harassment from their white classmates. All the insanity escalated to such a tense level that Jesse Jackson announced a rally in Lansing. Before the civil rights leader arrived, the local government and the school board agreed to remove the flag from the school logo, and to eliminate it from all school-sponsored displays.

I now live just east of Lansing in an Indiana town right over the border. One of my neighbors, also an alumnus of my high school, still references the rebel flag controversy as if it were some horrific assault on his life. “They made us take down our flag,” he will say, again referring to a dangerous and monolithic “they” in an erasure of human identity, history and complexity. For a short period of time, I worked as a substitute teacher at my old high school. It now has an almost entirely black student body. When I would answer the question, “What do you do?” to a white local, inevitably I would receive a reaction of terror, as if my job was to fight prisoners in hand-to-hand combat. “How do you do that?” . . . “Wow, that must be rough.” My honest response — that I quite enjoyed it — would provoke shock.

When Barack Obama became president-elect in 2008, it seemed as if the entire country had transformed. The progressive orientation of young voters, of all races, and the diversification of American demographics, along with the unique charisma and brilliance of Obama, made what was unthinkable in my childhood an undeniable reality. Now, another previously unimaginable scenario has become all too real. A black family moved into the White House, and another form of white flight took off – white flight from political sanity, white flight from reality, and white flight from responsible citizenship.

It has little or nothing to do with economics. Studies demonstrated, in the Republican primary, that Trump supporters were actually wealthier than the constituencies for the Democratic candidates. Five Thirty Eight reported that the median household income among Trump supporters is $72,000 – not exactly the Joads. If “working-class angst” explains the rise of Donald Trump, why is that working-class black and Latino voters overwhelmingly supported Hillary Clinton? If the “white working class” feels “forgotten and left behind,” why do they hate President Obama, who extended health care to 20 million Americans, doubled funding for Pell grants, advocated for free community college, fought to raise the minimum wage, and signed the Consumer Protection Financial Bureau into law, helping to protect low-income home buyers from scam mortgages?

Anything as unprecedented and unpredictable as Trump’s victory is the result of several factors. Multiple causes coalesced to create the horror of Trump, but with the possible exception of sexism, none are more important than soft racism. The soft racist gets along with his black and Latino coworkers, waves to the Arab neighbors, and gives a friendly greeting to the parents of color at his child’s school, but all the while he feels that America is his country. The virtue of his whiteness gives him ownership. Should a black president, or a Black Lives Matter protest, or a Latino presence in his neighborhood threaten his sense of entitlement, superiority and authority, he feels resentful, even hateful. Outwardly, the white soft racist treats people of color as if they are equal, but she actually believes that they are inferior — less worthy of liberty, opportunity and protection under the law.

Most black and Latino Americans suspect as much, and they don’t need a white millennial to tell them the news, but I would say that what I have heard from white neighbors, family members and coworkers confirms your worst suspicions. Now they have exposed their racism, no matter how soft, to the entire world, because a vote for Trump expresses, at a minimum, tolerance for bigotry, xenophobia and misogyny. The best defense available to a Trump voter, among a wide range of pathetic options, is to claim that he or she voted for Trump despite his disrespect of Hispanics, Muslims, the disabled, African-Americans and women. Tolerance translates to the cold message: “Because your suffering and exclusion do not affect me, I’m going to vote for the guy who will cut my taxes, nominate anti-abortion Supreme Court justices, and isn’t a woman who used a private email server.”

Many leftists won’t acknowledge the totality of what Trump has exposed about America, because it is too ugly and painful. Well-intended but misguided attempts at class solidarity with the forces of hatred will only enhance the present American nightmare.

Dramatic speeches about unity will soon dominate the airwaves, but those who make them are as delusional as the Trump voters who believe their cult hero will “bring back the jobs.” Unity with the soft racists is not possible. They reject diversity, and they seek to exclude people of color who will not conform to their will. The paranoiacs who sell their homes because a black man moved down the street are not people with whom I hope to unify. I only want to defeat them. Anyone left of center should feel the same way.

Hillary Clinton did defeat Donald Trump in the popular vote. If there is one small glimmer of good news, it is that decent, thoughtful and sane voters slightly outnumber the bigots and lunatics. I want to live in an America where that victory is not only mathematical, but political — the America of Walt Whitman’s imagination, Elvis Presley’s voice and Martin Luther King’s oratory.

Right now, I live in one of the most diverse neighborhoods of Northwest Indiana. One of my closest neighbors, a Nigerian immigrant, posted on Facebook shortly after he voted that, although he originally supported Bernie Sanders, he voted for Clinton for all of the immigrants like him, and for his daughters. Next door, a man who grew up not far from me lives with his wife who emigrated from Japan. On the other side of my home, a white husband and black wife share a house.

This is the enviable and desirable America under assault from a group of proud white supremacists and bashful white racists. Jesse Jackson has often said that “we can go forward by hope, or backward by fear.”

On November 8, 2016, 59.5 million cowards took America backward.

White flight from reality: Inside the racist panic that fueled Donald Trump’s victory

Donald Trump just said that he's going to deport three million immigrants immediately

Trumps serious about mass deportations.

I hope I'm wrong, but I really think there could be something akin to a civil war brewing.

There's a lot of factors pointing in that direction: the divisiveness of Trump and determination of his opponents to resist, (daily protests are still continuing after 5 days, his inauguration is most likely going to see huge demonstrations) enthusiastic support for Trump from right wing militias, the stark geographical political divide, (cities vs country) the racial tension which would be inflamed by him carrying out deportations en masse, a divided elite, and the possibility that Trump will seek to undermine rule of law to prevent his impeachment. And, of course, the prevalence of guns in American society.

I really really hope I'm wrong and I'm over-reacting, but my intuition is screaming loudly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom