Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I fin confusing is the lack of any attention that is being paid to the implications of further accelerated climate change, the trajectory we were on before was enough to make you despair but now surely it must be enough to give up hope altogether. Millions, perhaps billions, may well die in our lifetime as a result.

One thing I fin confusing is the lack of any attention that is being paid to the implications of further accelerated climate change, the trajectory we were on before was enough to make you despair but now surely it must be enough to give up hope altogether. Millions, perhaps billions, may well die in our lifetime as a result.

True enough: sort of helps to put the allegations against Hillary Clinton into perspective.

I know that that was rude and I apologise for that but you aren't arguing in good faith here at all. You are incapable of seeing ANY fault with power.

Trump was HER CANDIDATE, the person she wanted to run against and did everything she could to ensure that he became that candidate. Clinton and her inner circle knew what skeletons were in her closet, her former chief of staff from when she was Secretary of State begged her not to run because of that. They had to pursue the 'pied piper' strategy of elevating extremist GOP candidates because they knew that she would be such a weak, vulnerable candidate that she would not be able to defeat a more 'moderate' Republican. They were more right than they knew.

The responsibility for the current situation lies primarily with the economic system and then with the DNC, Clinton and the organisations and structures which revolve around them.

It is not the fault of people who pointed out, correctly, the unending list of problems with her candidacy.

I have no idea who Zach is but you need to listen to him.

DNC Staffer Screams At Donna Brazile For Helping Elect Donald Trump | The Huffington Post

Donna Brazile, the interim leader of the Democratic National Committee, was giving what one attendee described as “a rip-roaring speech” to about 150 employees, about the need to have hope for wins going forward, when a staffer identified only as Zach stood up with a question.

“Why should we trust you as chair to lead us through this?” he asked, according to two people in the room. “You backed a flawed candidate, and your friend [former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz] plotted through this to support your own gain and yourself.”

Some DNC staffers started to boo and some told him to sit down. Brazile began to answer, but Zach had more to say.

“You are part of the problem,” he continued, blaming Brazile for clearing the path for Trump’s victory by siding with Clinton early on. “You and your friends will die of old age and I’m going to die from climate change. You and your friends let this happen, which is going to cut 40 years off my life expectancy.”

Another online Clinton campaign surrogate. America is 70% white.

Cw9kJmEXAAADBbU.jpg:large

I know that that was rude and I apologise for that but you aren't arguing in good faith here at all. You are incapable of seeing ANY fault with power.

Trump was HER CANDIDATE, the person she wanted to run against and did everything she could to ensure that he became that candidate. Clinton and her inner circle knew what skeletons were in her closet, her former chief of staff from when she was Secretary of State begged her not to run because of that. They had to pursue the 'pied piper' strategy of elevating extremist GOP candidates because they knew that she would be such a weak, vulnerable candidate that she would not be able to defeat a more 'moderate' Republican. They were more right than they knew.

The responsibility for the current situation lies primarily with the economic system and then with the DNC, Clinton and the organisations and structures which revolve around them.

It is not the fault of people who pointed out, correctly, the unending list of problems with her candidacy.

I have no idea who Zach is but you need to listen to him.

DNC Staffer Screams At Donna Brazile For Helping Elect Donald Trump | The Huffington Post

That's all well and good: but there were two choices in this election: the political hack, and the Charlatan.

Choice A; and Choice B.

Choice A wasn't a very good choice; and a number of people here made many posts pointing out her faults.

But if it wasn't going to be Choice A, the only other option was Choice B.

We now have Choice B: the man who believes that climate change is a hoax.

Much energy was expended here about the evils of Hillary Clinton. All well-considered, and mostly true.

But this was a lesser-of-two-evils situation.

The greater of two evils, won.

It's a bit late for those who went against Choice A, to now start becoming concerned that Choice B might mean the destruction of the planet.

One of the main criticisms of her candidacy was either that, unlike other Dems, she could actually lose to Trump (and before that to whoever) or that she would lose in 2020 to someone better if she won a first term. I wasn't one of those people, I didn't think she would lose the 2016 election, but I certainly thought it was much more likely for her to lose than basically anyone else.

Once again, you're arguing as if this were an intellectual exercise.

'Who was vindicated' becomes rather insignificant in the face of a rejection of the Paris Accord, the defunding of Planned Parenthood, the reversal of Roe v Wade, and the further division and strife between the races.

These are real issues that will have large effect on many lives.

If feeling some sort of intellectual satisfaction at achieving 'total vindication' is a sufficient offset for you to the human destruction about to happen, then good luck to you.

I'm just watching this new one with Mark Blyth - some good stuff.

His colleague (Wendy Scott is it?) makes an interesting point around the half hour mark about him running into trouble with his own party in congress over big infrastructure projects - and from that flows potential damage to republican party unity etc plus possibly him cooperating with dems to get it through.

It's terrifying but it's gonna be interesting.

The Democrats' Deadly Error

One exit poll has been haunting me since I saw it: The Reuters/Ipsos early exit poll found that 75 percent of respondents agreed “America needs a strong leader to take the country back from the rich and powerful.” Only slightly fewer agreed that “the American economy is rigged to advantage the rich and powerful,” and — perhaps the kicker — 68 percent believed that “traditional parties and politicians don’t care about people like me.”

There’s a lot to unpack in those statements. They may conceal white resentment of the perceived advancement past them of black and Latino people. But they also reveal the sentiment that has been there since the 2008 financial crisis laid bare the lines of power in the country and the world — when, as the protest chant went, “Banks got bailed out, we got sold out.”

The downward trends have been with us for decades: the divergence of productivity gains from workers’ incomes, the substitution of credit card debt for raises, the shift of good union jobs and family wages and pensions into low-wage service jobs, and the attendant slashing of the social safety net. But the past eight years sped all that up and made it impossible to ignore.

If Donald J. Trump stood out to voters from the rest of the Republican Party, aside from a willingness to say directly the kinds of things usually carefully dogwhistled, it was in his rants about trade and his lack of interest in dismantling the remnants of the welfare state. For white Americans anxiously looking at their disappearing stability, Mr. Trump was a bomb they were willing to throw at a system they felt was failing them. He emotionally echoed their outrage and gave them a place to direct their anger, the age-old right-wing populist trick of refracting it both upward at elites and downward at minorities.

Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the mainstream Democratic Party were woefully unprepared to greet this wave. When your response to a cry of “Make America Great Again!” is “America Is Already Great!” you’d better be sure that it feels true to a majority of voters. The results show that it did not.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/09/30/donald-trump-blind-trust-foreign-business-deals-500398.html

Apparently his sons are going to run it in a "blind trust", so those are two new words we can add to the "big book of words the Donald doesn't understand".

I gather his daughter is the brains in the outfit, none the less, the trust is not so blind. He saw everything he dumped in there and can check on it anytime. Listening to radio commentary, they say all agreements, contracts, communications Etc. will still be bearing his name. Also, he has massive interests in non friendly countries like Russia, Azerbaijan and Turkey. He is also believed to have massive borrowings with Chinese banks. All this talk of people moaning about what he has said will get us no where ( besides he will have the skin of a rhino) but it is these massive conflicts of interest, previously unknown for a US president which could help with his downfall. Well, we live in hope.

Farage shows us all we underestimated what an utter loathsome streak of piss he is with this comment:

Nigel Farage has described Barack Obama as a “creature” and joked about warning Donald Trump not to "touch" Theresa May.

The interim Ukip leader said the current US President was a "loathsome individual who couldn’t stand our country."

Mr Farage also suggested he could act as a middle man between the next Republican President and the British Prime Minister, as he called on Mr Trump to try and “schmooze” her.

Clinton aides blame loss on everything but themselves

Sexism. The media. James Comey.

On a call with surrogates Thursday afternoon, top advisers John Podesta and Jennifer Palmieri pinned blame for Hillary Clinton’s loss on a host of uncontrollable headwinds that ultimately felled a well-run campaign that executed a sensible strategy, and a soldier of a candidate who appealed to the broadest coalition of voters in the country.

They shot down questions about whether they should have run a more populist campaign with a greater appeal to angry white voters, pointing to exit polls that showed Clinton beat Trump on the issue of the economy. They explained that internal polling from May showed that attacking Trump on the issue of temperament was a more effective message.

They offered no apology for the unexpected loss.

On the call, Clinton surrogates who have supported the campaign from the outside for the past 18 months offered their thanks to the Brooklyn-based operatives. The mood was light and supportive, with Podesta and Palmieri expressing gratitude for everyone’s hard work.

It's all becoming clear now. We give Farage a peerage to get him into parliament and then he can act as our man in America, our bridge between Trump and mother theresa!
Theres a thought.

One thing I fin confusing is the lack of any attention that is being paid to the implications of further accelerated climate change
Won't someone think of his golf courses?

At least he'll drown if he insists on staying in Mar-a-lago. Either that, or he'll have to build a wall around the entire coast of Florida.

I posted this earlier but it is worth posting again. On the eve of the election, Clinton campaign surrogate Lena Dunham released a video where she and her father positively discussed 'the extinction' of 'white men, straight white men'. This is while many of the areas which went from Obama to Trump are ravaged by opiate addiction and the life expectancy is falling.

"Vancouver, which Lena Dunham said she'd flee to, is currently experiencing record housing prices, thanks to foreign buyers like Dunham who love its idyllic climate, as well as record homelessness, thanks to owners of expensive houses who think homeless people are an inconvenient eyesore blighting the idyllic climate."

What Canada Thinks Of You Threatening To Move There

Johnny Canuck3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom