Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I fin confusing is the lack of any attention that is being paid to the implications of further accelerated climate change, the trajectory we were on before was enough to make you despair but now surely it must be enough to give up hope altogether. Millions, perhaps billions, may well die in our lifetime as a result.

Are we ignoring this because death and catastrophe on this scale is too difficult and painful for human beings to comprehend? Maybe I am slowly (or not so slowly) going mad, but life now feels to me now a bit like a disaster movie in which we have all been told that an asteroid is going to wipe out all decent prospects of life on Earth within 40 years and only a handful of people are even acknowledging the fact. I know that was basically the situation prior to the election, and would still very much be the case with Hillary Clinton's victory but Trump's victory is going to accelerate all of this.

Surely we have to accept either that 1) Donald Trump and the rest of the ghouls are right and that climate change is some form of conspiracy or hoax or 2) they are wrong and all hope of decent life on this planet for the majority will be extinguished in our lifetimes.

Surely we have to accept either that 1) Donald Trump and the rest of the ghouls are right and that climate change is some form of conspiracy or hoax or 2) they are wrong and all hope of decent life on this planet for the majority will be extinguished in our lifetimes.

Vote A or B, folks. Texts cost £2.50 plus your standard network rate.

That's absolutely not fair. White people are not the only Americans that have been ignored and despairing. FFS on the back of this fucking shitstorm of a racist campaign from the Trump camp the terror level for BAME people must be off the fucking scale right now...but that's okay right, because it's a result of liberalism and not the racists fault at all. Donald will give them jobs and they'll suddenly forget that they are racist fucktards, kumbaya!

Detroit, say, is a very mixed city. its been fucked over for everyone, plenty of black workers lost their jobs there, etc.

Reactions: CRI
Detroit, say, is a very mixed city. its been fucked over for everyone, plenty of black workers lost their jobs there, etc.

With terrible memories, without Obama's auto industry bailout the US car manufacturing industry would have disappeared completely.

Are we ignoring this because death and catastrophe on this scale is too difficult and painful for human beings to comprehend? Maybe I am slowly (or not so slowly) going mad, but life now feels to me now a bit like a disaster movie in which we have all been told that an asteroid is going to wipe out all decent prospects of life on Earth within 40 years and only a handful of people are even acknowledging the fact. I know that was basically the situation prior to the election, and would still very much be the case with Hillary Clinton's victory but Trump's victory is going to accelerate all of this.
Couldn't agree more. But one evolutionary trait of human beings is the prioritisation of the immediate over the future. We're not even good with "next week", let alone "40 years". Sometimes that takes the form of fatalistic inaction and sometimes outright denial. It's not just climate science either, it can also be deeply personal. Look at all those who still smoke or drink to excess or eat too much sugary foods.

In your asteroid scenario, I'm willing to bet humanity would do fuck all about it there too, at least until it was due within a few months. We're a bit shit, really.

Couldn't agree more. But one evolutionary trait of human beings is the prioritisation of the immediate over the future. We're not even good with "next week", let alone "40 years". Sometimes that takes the form of fatalistic inaction and sometimes outright denial. It's not just climate science either, it can also be deeply personal. Look at all those who still smoke or drink to excess or eat too much sugary foods.

In your asteroid scenario, I'm willing to bet humanity would do fuck all about it there too, at least until it was due within a few months. We're a bit shit, really.

TBF very hard to feel motivated by Lembit Opik

I wonder what Mr Trump will have to say about this...

“Trump’s race united my people,” the site declares in all-caps.

Former Klan leader David Duke – the former Louisiana state representative who earned an embarrassing loss in the state's Senate race – took credit for Mr Trump’s win to the help of white supremacists.

“Make no mistake about it,” he tweeted, “our people played a HUGE role in electing Trump!”

Ku Klux Klan announces Donald Trump victory parade

With terrible memories, without Obama's auto industry bailout the US car manufacturing industry would have disappeared completely.

I know, these voters are just so damn ungrateful :mad:

A marvelous insight into the utterly entitled attitude Clinton and much of her support had to her winning the Presidency :thumbs:

Cw-ld1RXAAAz9VU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom