Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who have spent over a year calling Bernie Sanders and his supporters racist have now decided that Trump is not racist and is actually an alright bloke.
Someone told me today that it's all fine really because Trump was just saying those things about the Mexicans and the Muslims and women needing to be punished because he knew that was the way to get elected, he didn't really mean it he was just being strategic.

Someone told me today that it's all fine really because Trump was just saying those things about the Mexicans and the Muslims and women needing to be punished because he knew that was the way to get elected, he didn't really mean it he was just being strategic.
Right, and the people who thought that was a reason to elect him - what do we make of them?

some people are fucking stupid. they are. it must be said.

They were suffering from despair due to neoliberalism and globalisation, clearly. Poor things. Even the ones on $250,000 a year. :(
although i am not immiserated i am in despair at a) the election of trump; b) the demise of the arctic ice; c) the mashing of penguins against the cliffs of zavodovski

A luta continua !
3A32D96900000578-3923346-Trump_pumps_his_fist_during_his_election_night_rally_when_he_sho-a-3_1478798610473.jpg

The most common job in Utah is software developer? OK.:hmm:

It might be. There's this economic sector that's developing in the plains states called the "digital prairie." Some startups are finding the coasts too expensive and have found their employees can better afford housing. It could be that's happening in other states too.

Last edited:
How could Trump ever possibly get elected??!!

Trump voters will not like what happens next

We liberal elitists are now completely in the clear. The government is in Republican hands. Let them deal with him. Democrats can spend four years raising heirloom tomatoes, meditating, reading Jane Austen, traveling around the country, tasting artisan beers, and let the Republicans build the wall and carry on the trade war with China and deport the undocumented and deal with opioids, and we Democrats can go for a long , brisk walk and smell the roses.

Are you seriously trying to draw an equivalence between the voters who went for Trump and those folks with the wheelbarrows of cash out to try to find a piece of bread? Absurd.
No I was drawing an analogy rather than an equivalence.
They were suffering from despair due to neoliberalism and globalisation, clearly. Poor things. Even the ones on over $250,000 a year. :(
The thing with Trump supporters on 1/4 million a year salaries is there aren't enough of them to win an election.

I think, to overestimate Trump's success and popularity here: he won something like 46% of a 55% turnout. He achieved the popularity needed to win the election, but that's as much a reflection of the overall rotten nature of US democracy as anything else.
As Jim W pointed out fewer people voted for him than either McCain or Romney

Yes, I know that, thanks. Point was that no I don't think it's a revolt. Like brexit wasn't, apart from maybe in the ancient backward-looking sense. But the DM and many people here seem to think they are, some sort of uprisings against the system by the downtrodden working class left behind etc that just happen to coalesce around outspokenly racist demagogues.
Fuck you. This is why anybody with sense considers you a dishonest fuck, absolutely no one* has said this. Yet again you're smearing people with lies.

*The only person who has come close to saying such a thing is your fucking mate CR, the prick you've defended time and again. You want to see someone excusing racism/sexism/homophobia look in the fucking mirror.

A lot of the downtrodden working class couldn't make it to the polling booth. Because voting takes place in a Tuesday and they have to get to work. Can't afford to miss it or be late.

If they really want to make elections fair across the rich poor divide they either need to make it a national holiday or move it to a weekend.

Fuck you. This is why anybody with sense considers you a dishonest fuck, absolutely no one* has said this. Yet again you're smearing people with lies.

*The only person who has come close to saying such a thing is your fucking mate CR, the prick you've defended time and again. You want to see someone excusing racism/sexism/homophobia look in the fucking mirror.
4 fucks and a prick. Not sure what you're so angry about tbh. Would be great if you try to point out where I lied but won't hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom