Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite a good idea but he isn't shy about the possibility... Marco Rubio Would Risk War With Russia In Order To Enforce Safe Zone In Syria

To be fair to him, Hilary has argued for a no-fly zone as well - albeit an absurd one in which the Russians have a part in (which should remind people that she was about 10% as effective as secretary of state as Kerry has been). Otherwise Rubio is just another one of the "we need to fight Russia, North Korea, Iran" cretins.

Next Repub debate is Tues. I expect Trump to intensify his ridiculing of Rubio & begin attacking Carson for his lies & crazy statements.

Saw a few clips from SNL featuring Trump

Disgusting, American media liberals are the fucking pits

Next Repub debate is Tues. I expect Trump to intensify his ridiculing of Rubio & begin attacking Carson for his lies & crazy statements.

Perhaps, though even the Donald must have realized by now that there is nothing he can say about Carson that will do as much damage as what Carson will say about Carson. I don't know about how he will deal with Rubio though; loads of his positions are absurd but they are so widespread in that part of the GOP base that votes in these things that it will be hard to see Trump can use them against him. Perhaps he will just draw attention to how all the money that was backing Bush III is now backing Rubio.

Perhaps, though even the Donald must have realized by now that there is nothing he can say about Carson that will do as much damage as what Carson will say about Carson. I don't know about how he will deal with Rubio though; loads of his positions are absurd but they are so widespread in that part of the GOP base that votes in these things that it will be hard to see Trump can use them against him. Perhaps he will just draw attention to how all the money that was backing Bush III is now backing Rubio.
I expect Trump, in addition to his usual insults, will go after Rubio on immigration as the others are.
Republican rivals of Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) criticized him Sunday for his history of support for immigration reform, highlighting an area of significant vulnerability for the presidential candidate as he rises in the polls.

Rubio, who worked with Democrats in 2013 on a failed comprehensive immigration reform bill, has since tried to distance himself from the legislation. "He was a co-author of the bill. It was a Rubio bill. It was a Rubio-Schumer bill," Paul said. "So, he does have to explain it. I think it will be a big part of things."
Marco Rubio's Rivals Take Aim At His History On Immigration

He came a little unhinged in a Thurs speech but it'll probably give him an uptick in the polls. On Carson......
"I know it's in the book -- that he has a pathological temper or temperament. That's a big problem because you don't cure that. That's like, you know, I could say they say -- as an example, child molester, you don't cure these people. You don't cure a child molester. There's no cure for it. Pathological, there's no cure for that."
Insulting the audience.......
"How stupid are the people of Iowa?" Trump said, referring to Carson's newly found high standing in the state. "How stupid are the people of the country to believe this crap?"
The answer to ISIS.......
"I would bomb the sh*t out of them," Trump said, to applause. "I would just bomb those suckers. And that's right, I'd blow up the pipes. I'd blow up the refineries. I'd blow up every single inch. There would be nothing left, and you know what, you'll get Exxon to come in there, and in two months, you ever see these guys how good they are, the great oil companies? They'll rebuild that sucker brand new. It will be beautiful, and I'll take the oil. And I said I'll take the oil."
Election 2016: Donald Trump explains why he doesn't believe Ben Carson's stabbing story

It's surprising that he gets any support at all, but he does. I was amazed by his comment that "American wages need to go down. I'm sorry, but they do", didn't sink him immediately. He didn't say it just the once, but twice, in the same week. Most people's wages haven't rebounded from the 2008 crash. That can't play well with that growing segment of families with two breadwinners and four jobs between them.

Last edited:
Despite the ass he is obviously making of this part of the process, I can't help thinking that further down the road, assuming he made it that far, Clinton is likely to wipe the floor with him on details of policy.

Donald Trump stuck a toe across the Nazi line Thursday morning in the ongoing hysteria over Muslim immigrants.

The Republican presidential frontrunner refused to rule out requiring Muslims to carry special identification showing their faith — which the Third Reich required Jews to do with a yellow badge that resembled the Star of David.

“We’re going to have to do things that we never did before,” Trump told Yahoo News. “Some people are going to be upset about it, but I think that now everybody is feeling that security is going to rule.”

Trump crosses the Nazi line: Maybe Muslims should wear special ID badges

Fuckin' fascist cunt.

I've been waiting for this all to end for Trump as he makes one absurd statement too far. Surely this is it?

I doubt it, given the demographics we might expect comments about Mexicans etc to cause more of a shitstorm in the USA. If those comments weren't enough to scupper him instantly, I doubt these comments about muslims will.

Also to be more fair to Trump than I need to be, it was Yahoo journalists presenting him with ideas and seeing if he would bite, and for me he didn't quite bite as described:

Yahoo News asked Trump whether this level of tracking might require registering Muslims in a database or giving them a form of special identification that noted their religion. He wouldn’t rule it out.

“We’re going to have to — we’re going to have to look at a lot of things very closely,” Trump said when presented with the idea. “We’re going to have to look at the mosques. We’re going to have to look very, very carefully.”

Donald Trump has big plans for ‘radical Islamic’ terrorists, 2016 and ‘that communist’ Bernie Sanders

Also to be more fair to Trump than I need to be, it was Yahoo journalists presenting him with ideas and seeing if he would bite, and for me he didn't quite bite as described:
Trump's expanded on that since. He is unwilling to distinguish his policies from the Nazis':
Donald Trump, the Republican front-runner for president, told NBC News on Thursday night that he “would certainly implement” a database system tracking Muslims in the United States....
“I would certainly implement that. Absolutely,” Trump said in Newton, Iowa, in between campaign town hall events.
When asked whether Muslims are legally obligated to sign into the database, Trump responded, “They have to be — they have to be.” The real estate mogul said Muslims would be signed up at “different places,” adding “It’s all about management. Our country has no management.”

Later, Trump was repeatedly asked to explain the difference between requiring Muslims to enter their information into a database and making Jewish people register in Nazi Germany. He responded four times by saying, “You tell me.”
Trump: 'Would certainly implement' Muslim database

The Paris attacks & the resulting fear of Syrian refugees among mainly Repubs in the US has played into Trump's whole anti-immigrant thing. There seems little doubt now that he will win the nomination. And that surely means another president Clinton.

The Paris attacks & the resulting fear of Syrian refugees among mainly Repubs in the US has played into Trump's whole anti-immigrant thing. There seems little doubt now that he will win the nomination.

It's a little too early out to be calling that surely? Paris is obviously still very fresh in the minds but it will fade as the campaign goes on, no?

Trump's expanded on that since. He is unwilling to distinguish his policies from the Nazis':

So he has actually crossed the Nazi threshold then. Not actually surprising given he's clearly evil and mad. Imagine just how thick and vile his supporters must be?

The Paris attacks & the resulting fear of Syrian refugees among mainly Repubs in the US has played into Trump's whole anti-immigrant thing. There seems little doubt now that he will win the nomination. And that surely means another president Clinton.

Plenty of early leaders have been reigned in by the pack. Think Howard Dean. The election is still a year away.* Anything can happen.

*A very very very long year away. I'm fucking sick of it already.

I admit that I'm confused by this. He's now talking about 'management' in a clear fascistic way. Isn't that likely to be anathema to 'better dead than red small-government' Republican types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom