Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I broadly agree, but at least one witness claimed to have heard Schiklegruber say of the fall of Singapore "if only I could give the British a few divisions to hold back the yellow men".

He never quite came to terms with the British taking against him. He thought they were great and that he was imitating them.

Back on topic...

11960267_10153141181551475_350349508371309053_n.jpg

Politics is that ridiculous that I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility
What a megalomaniac he would be.

Particularly American politics, yes, and one of the nastier aspects is that he seems to be pulling the whole discussion right-wards.

Idris is I'm sure right,though, and he is someone that is more likely just to be used to frighten the children: "Eat your Mexican beans up or Trump will get to be president" ":eek:"

When the Trump storm broke this summer, it touched off smaller tempests that stirred up American politics in ways that were easy to miss from afar. At the time, I happened to be reporting on extremist white-rights groups, and observed at first hand their reactions to his candidacy. Trump was advancing a dire portrait of immigration that partly overlapped with their own. On June 28th, twelve days after Trump’s announcement, the Daily Stormer, America’s most popular neo-Nazi news site, endorsed him for President: “Trump is willing to say what most Americans think: it’s time to deport these people.” The Daily Stormer urged white men to “vote for the first time in our lives for the one man who actually represents our interests.”

David Duke gave a somewhat qualified endorsement of Trump's immigration plan on his radio programme.

David Duke On Trump: He’s “Certainly The Best Of The Lot” Running For President - Buzzfeed
(includes a link to an audio recording of Duke's (pretty tedious) broadcast - relevant bit starts at 27m52s odd).

After going on a rant about “Jewish domination” of the media, Duke said Trump is saying things few other Republicans say about immigration

“Trump, he’s really going all out. He’s saying what no other Republicans have said, few conservatives say. And he’s also gone to point where he says it’s not just illegal immigration, it’s legal immigration,” Duke said, adding Trump has also talked about companies are taking advantage of the H1B visa program. Duke added that he felt the big technology companies were headed by “Zios.”

Duke said The Donald, while untrustworthy, was “the best of the lot” running.

“So this is a great opportunity,” Duke said. “So although we can’t trust him to do what he says, the other Republican candidates won’t even say what he says. So he’s certainly the best of the lot. And he’s certainly somebody that we should get behind in terms, ya know, raising the image of this thing.”

I definitely agree that our country is in a better position than others and maybe my word choice of fascist was wrong.
While I believe that our government is much more harsh than it was, I don't believe we are anywhere near as unfortunate as many nations on this earth.
I wonder, though, if faceless corporations have more of a influence in politics than we may think?
These corporations are what I mean by single controlling force.
Trump has got extreme ideas about the military, they may not go down well in these times, but maybe this single controlling force has wheeled out trump to give us a taste of what is to come even if trump becomes a flash in the pan and a distant memory?
I'm just exploring ideas really.
As we are constantly being lied to anything could happen with Trump, I have been reading more about him this evening and it just opened up a lot of questions.

I'm not really that well versed in the terminology of politics, so apologies for that.
We can also have communist dictators like north korea for example, so both extremes can be as harmful as each other, but people are being treated harsher than they were in lots of ways and I think the UK and the US are moving in a bit of a sinister direction which might take a long time or a shorter time. I don't know how to word it better than that.

The US is far more dangerous in its relations with DPRK and has been since early last decade. It's a small and poor state trying to survive, stubbornly so for some extreme radical nationalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom