Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you own a dressing gown?

I used to own a wonderful, dark blue Tommy Hilfiger bathrobe. It was a real pleasure to wear. Sadly I no longer have it.

My wife has never owned one that I can remember.

I have three.
Thin cotton long one.
Short jersey. Has a hood.
Thick fluffy long one. Also has a hood.
I rarely use them at home though, unless I’m sick.

Yes, but I don't really wear it. I bought it on holiday because it was cold and the pool had no changing facilities.

Yes. One, a navy blue M&S thing. Wear it post bath/shower in the evening after getting dry, and then pottering about the house sometimes after that, or on a relaxed morning. No pajamas though, so guess it's instead of them a bit.

I aim to start going to the shops in mine once I reach a certain age.

Only had one for a few years since we moved here, the bathroom's across the yard and it's minus ten or worse for much of the winter so handy after an evening shower. Still don't wear it very often, not in the habit, sometimes just chance the dash.

I have two a fairly thick brown one for colder days and a somewhat lighter green one for when things for aren't so cold

I want to know if anybody else read the thread title and assumed that it had been started by teuchter
It doesn't quite have the condescending sneering tone of a classic teuchter thread, so no.

(I don't have a dressing gown, but my wife has two: one summer, one winter)

I've got four.
A nearly ankle length thick red one with a hood that makes me look like Little Red Riding Hood('s granny), a shorty green one in light waffly material that I really need to get rid of because I never wear it, a long fluffy white one for when I am feeling a bit mardy and a mid calf pink and blue whirly swirly design one that looks like I should be going to Abigail's Party.

Cheap towelling one.
I don't wear it to the supermarket, but I have no issues wearing it outdoors ...
I'm amazed more people don't wear them on the beach ...

I was bought one and still have it but never really liked it. My Italian ex thought it was a hilariously British thing.

• Haha
Reactions: LDC
Back
Top Bottom