Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

do you have any proof that salt and vinegar used to be blue?

Is it just me or is not the case that Walker's Salt and Vinegar used to be blue? And their Cheese & Onion green? And then they flipped them and have tried to brainwash us that they never did? :(

lol! no, walkers have always coloured their cheese and onion/salt and vinegar the wrong way round afaik. :)

Everyone knows S&V = blue and C&O = green, because the science adds up. Salt comes from the sea and the sea is blue, onions are vegetables and vegetables are green. Walkers and their wilfully idiosyncratic heresy should be ignored. Or, burn their factories to the ground and salt the ashes.
Exactly.

Also, Booker T & the MGs did not record Blue Onions. Of course bloody not. It was Green Onions.

Is it just me or is not the case that - as well as everyone else's - Walker's Salt and Vinegar used to be blue? And their Cheese & Onion green? And then they flipped them and have tried to brainwash us that they never did? :(

Golden Wonder were blue and dominant in the market. Walkers became dominant in the market and theirs was and is green. Which is wrong, but I guess I'm used to it now.

But everyone knows cheese and onion should be green and salt and vinegar should be blue.

There was always more chips than fish - always annoyed me. I eventually spurned them for Scampi and Lemon Nik Naks.QUOTE]

WHAT HERESY IS THIS?!

You dare to cast aside the mighty Fish'N'Chips in favour of that Scampi and Lemon evilness?!

Why, sir, you must burn.

BURN.

BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN, in the fiery pit that contains those of your kind.

I, Bakunin, Crispfinder General, proclaim a royal CURSE upon thee!

As you were.

300_174184.jpg

Hey wait Lays are Walkers.

Does anyone remember Harry Hill doing this in standup. Just a quickie.
"Will someone please tell walkers it's green for cheese and onion"

I was under impression that Lays was walkers under a different name. In which case our continental cousins obvioulsly took a stand for blue.

I thought Lays were Walkers.

Lays and Walkers are both owned by Pepsi, hence the similar packaging. Although Lays get the colour right.

arent lays and walkers the same company?

Hey wait Lays are Walkers.

This thread is making me :mad:

I want old skool Cheese and Onion back, they would stink out a car in seconds and tasted lots stronger than they do now...it was probably some cancer inducing chemical but it tasted nice godamit!

Why did we let Walkers take over the crisps market anyway? :(

Does anyone remember a crisp called "Potato Puffs" which were available when I was at school (okay, this was in the 60s, but there are some oldies on here, aren't there? Or am I the only one, and should banish myself to the oldies section of the bulletin board which has not yet been created?), but which I haven't seen since.

I used to love them. We got them in the school tuck shop. If you went round the class rooms selling crisps and chocolate marshmallows from big tins with ribbons attached so that you could wear them, you were allowed to eat crisps and chocolate marshmallows on your way round. At least, that's what we used to do! I wonder if we were really allowed to.

Oh, and wagon wheels really have got smaller! :mad:

*pulls pub fact out of arse*

i think there is some EU directive that advises that salt and vinegar should be blue, but Walkers got an exemption to it...

it's a well known fact that in the 80s salt and vinegar crisps used to come in blue packets but at some point they changed to come in green packets. walkers deny this. but we all know. if you google search, you can see that everyone knew this. but still it gets denied. so we want evidence dammit/ help.

Walkers bummers, I got fooled, many a time, by buying green packeted crisps, looking forward to a lovely C&E, popped open the bag, only to be assaulted by vinegar vapour in my face.
:(

Salt and vinegar crisps are the last ones to go in a multipak.
They also, always, taste stale.

fail

Oh, and wagon wheels really have got smaller! :mad:

I would say you have just gotten bigger but (no offense) I assume you were fully grown when they came out. I think cream eggs look tiny now but I think that's how they have always been.

And hey, I can turn on lights now without having to jump.

Golden Wonder were blue and dominant in the market. Walkers became dominant in the market and theirs was and is green. Which is wrong, but I guess I'm used to it now.

But everyone knows cheese and onion should be green and salt and vinegar should be blue.

ah I see

it's still wrong though

I can confirm with 100% certainty that the original Smith's crisps had a little blue bag of salt in them and sometimes, if you were really lucky, two or three bags :)

Sadly I can provide no proof :(

You could try looking in the Robert Opie Collection for evidence. I remember looking round the museum when it was in Gloucester. It's an odd mix of old packaging but strangely compelling.:oops: I'm pretty sure there must be some crisp packets amongst the exhibits. :D

Walkers have paid mercenaries to 'silence' all the people who had evidence of C&O being green. A lot of bribery and corruption is going on between them and google, so that green C&O packets don't show up amongst image search results. They have also planted spies and infiltrators amongst many crisp packet colour truth activist groups, and they pay naysayers to deny the truth that C&O packets were green.

I thought they were blue once too but after looking last night, it seems I was mistaken, either that or what Herbsman said.

Does anyone else remember Smiths vinegar flavour crisps? No salt just vinegar, and they came in a purple and white packet.]

Texan bars,iirc, went out of existence due to the miners strike!!!

Remember mint cracknell, Icebreaker, Aztec bars, Welcome bars, there was one in a gingham wrapper forget the name tho!

There was always more chips than fish - always annoyed me. I eventually spurned them for Scampi and Lemon Nik Naks.

As for colours - I never saw Walkers until I came over to England and all their colours are wrong. In NI Tayto Cheese and Onion are yellow and red which muddies the water a bit further but blue for Salt 'n' Vinegar is consistent across the board with:

Guess anying green or orange in NI would be a bit dodge

Back
Top Bottom