Are you an audiophile?

• Yes

Votes: 31 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.1%
  • Audiophiles are deluded bullshitters

Votes: 116 50.4%

• Total voters
But they have gold and silver ends, and you can CHOOSE!
I wonder if you choose both of them will one cancel out the good work of the other? I might ask the seller, and see what they think, but I get the feeling it'll make it twice as good.
bespoke design at twice the price, I can sell you a similar one on temu for only $4999.99 mates rates

Network switches omg

Don't forget your ethernet cables.

I think this is the thread I need.

I like to play Spotify through my hifi because sometimes I like to hear playlists. Like god intended.

Yes, I can hear the difference between Spotify and lossless, but I don’t care.

So I normally hook my laptop up to the portable in Jack on my now rather old Denon DM38, which has no wifi. As any good audiophile would.

Trouble is the laptop out Jack has stopped functioning. So now I need a way to use the laptop’s usb. (The Denon also has a usb in). I know there are external sound-cards one can buy.

What would be a good budget option?

I like to play Spotify through my hifi because sometimes I like to hear playlists. Like god intended.

So I normally hook my laptop up to the portable in Jack on my now rather old Denon DM38, which has no wifi. As any good audiophile would.

Trouble is the laptop out Jack has stopped functioning. So now I need a way to use the laptop’s usb. (The Denon also has a usb in). I know there are external sound-cards one can buy.

What about this?

Takes your Denon out of the equation though.

Has your laptop got Bluetooth? Might be better with a Bluetooth receiver if it has.

So this, for example?

It looks like it should work. I might even get another for my older hifi in the other room.
Yeah, I reckon that'd work. Gotta be worth a punt at that price.
You're gonna get some loss over Bluetooth but it sounds like you're not too bothered. I'm probably too deaf to notice now, and too old to give a shit if I did notice.

Yeah, I reckon that'd work. Gotta be worth a punt at that price.
You're gonna get some loss over Bluetooth but it sounds like you're not too bothered. I'm probably too deaf to notice now, and too old to give a shit if I did notice.
Yeah, I don’t want it sounding like shit. But on the other hand my first record player was one of those ones from Boots with the smoked plastic lid and the plastic speakers. Everything sounds better than that.

Back
Top Bottom