• Yes

Votes: 31 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.1%
  • Audiophiles are deluded bullshitters

Votes: 116 50.4%

• Total voters
100% ChatGPT generated bullshit 🤣

Introducing the Acoustic Dampening Stabilisation Device (ADSD), a cutting-edge solution engineered to mitigate resonant frequencies and optimise the acoustic performance of vinyl records on turntables. The ADSD is a meticulously designed apparatus, featuring precision-engineered conical isolators that mate with the surface of the vinyl, thereby facilitating unparalleled resonance dissipation. This innovative design, inspired by NASA technology, effectively dissipates unwanted vibrational energy, significantly reducing resonance and enhancing the overall fidelity and clarity of the audio output. Crafted from aerospace-grade materials and subjected to rigorous testing, the ADSD is a testament to uncompromising quality and performance in the pursuit of unparalleled audio excellence. Experience the difference with the Acoustic Dampening Stabilisation Device, the ultimate accessory for discerning audiophiles seeking to elevate their listening experience to new heights.
I was bored last night, and I remembered this Chat GPT bollocks, so based on the blurb, I had a bash at drawing it.
I've added a couple of features, namely a 1.5" 45 adapter, which doubles up as an isolator, for those who don't want spikes touching their precious vinyl.
I've also added Titanium, because it's expensive.
The price will be adjusted to reflect the additions.
Now I just need a website and a Kickstarter campaign 🤣

2.png

1.png

Last edited:
Not my thing at all.
Send it over. I'll have a look.

The eBay awaits, you can get some great deals on older kit.

Alternatively some of the Chinese mini amps are supposed to be very good, but I'm sure Saul can tell your more.
danny la rouge, you could do a lot worse than one of those Fosi amps. I'm well impressed with the one I bought. I have a subwoofer driver here somewhere. I just need to build a box for it, then I can test the amp properly, but it's powering these Ruarks admirably.

actual question:
i'm eyeballing a small but well-reputed amp (NAD 3020 V2). it fits my tiny tenement apartment space. it has two inputs, which are labelled "phono" and "aux". but does that make a difference? can i put anything (like a tuner) through the "phono" input, or is that actually suited only to turntables?

actual question:
i'm eyeballing a small but well-reputed amp (NAD 3020 V2). it fits my tiny tenement apartment space. it has two inputs, which are labelled "phono" and "aux". but does that make a difference? can i put anything (like a tuner) through the "phono" input, or is that actually suited only to turntables?

Phono is only suitable for turntables but you can get converters.

Something like this but in American.

actual question:
Traditionally, phono inputs would incorporate a preamp to boost the extremely weak signal from the needle. So you'd probably find that anything you play into that input clips like a bastard.

Checking the manual, that does look to be the case. https://nadelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/D3020v2_eng_OM_v11FE.pdf

Nothing, if you have an appropriately expensive power conditioner. :D

Otherwise, they are pretty common in electronics - Different fuse blow speeds are used for differing types of power/load and component conditions.

Oh, OK, I didn't know that! I'd have thought you want a fuse to blow quickly to protect you/the equipment

The above is a very good troll :D
The Venn diagram between troll and actuality is almost a circle with these fuckwits. It's almost impossible to tell who's trolling and who's being a deluded bullshitter.

With that in mind... I fancy a bit of fun today, so I might have a go at making that audiophool website I've been threatening to make.

The Venn diagram between troll and actuality is almost a circle with these fuckwits. It's almost impossible to tell who's trolling and who's being a deluded bullshitter.

With that in mind... I fancy a bit of fun today, so I might have a go at making that audiophool website I've been threatening to make.
That one is definitely a troll… There’s a few people from a FB group that regularly go fishing in the audiophile waters :D

I was bored last night, and I remembered this Chat GPT bollocks, so based on the blurb, I had a bash at drawing it.
I've added a couple of features, namely a 1.5" 45 adapter, which doubles up as an isolator, for those who don't want spikes touching their precious vinyl.
I've also added Titanium, because it's expensive.
The price will be adjusted to reflect the additions.
Now I just need a website and a Kickstarter campaign 🤣

View attachment 432720

View attachment 432719

That looks awesome - like something from the Tardis.

Back
Top Bottom