• Yes

Votes: 31 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.1%
  • Audiophiles are deluded bullshitters

Votes: 116 50.4%

• Total voters
Life got in the way of abusing gullible audiophools. :D

I was just lurking for the past few days, and didn't know whether to post or not, then this thread reared its wonderful head, and I couldn't help myself :D

What amazes me is that despite the mountains of proof to the contrary, these audiophools still have the gall to openly support these ridiculous claims from their favourite snake-oil salesmen. What's even more shocking is that they do know it's utter bullshit... Directional cables, FFS 🤣
This shit makes Apple look like rank amateurs.
Audiophoolery is nothing more than Top Trumps for overgrown children with no mates.

Welcome back. :)

Coral wouldn't have the same solid sound transmission properties presumably, due to it being full of holes.. A bit like some of the arguments presented above (directional cables etc):rolleyes:
so it would work like a crystal?
serious sales speech potential there
/me starts business plan

Coral wouldn't have the same solid sound transmission properties presumably, due to it being full of holes.. A bit like some of the arguments presented above (directional cables etc):rolleyes:

No, it’s not about acoustic properties - it’s about being a living organism and vibrations and possibly something quantum and ting.

And looking quite nice on the mantlepiece and maybe reminiscent of David Tennant’s tardis.

Basically I’m happy to try a few dud concepts until something sells.

No, it’s not about acoustic properties - it’s about being a living organism and vibrations and possibly something quantum and ting.

And looking quite nice on the mantlepiece and maybe reminiscent of David Tennant’s tardis.

Basically I’m happy to try a few dud concepts until something sells.
Turdis.

I wonder how good ChatGPT would be at wankspeak. I reckon it could be used to write a technobabble blurb for my transcendental harmonic resonance defibrillator ®

Turdis.

I wonder how good ChatGPT would be at wankspeak. I reckon it could be used to write a technobabble blurb for my transcendental harmonic resonance defibrillator ®

I’d choose a different word to defibrillator, personally, but maybe that’s just a me thing.

Welcome back. You reminded me of the Old Rockwell Encabulator.

Imagine sitting in a meeting with the marketing department at somewhere like Nordost, or any of those places where the bullshit valve is stuck wide open. They must have a proper laugh inventing bullshit for their suckers customers.

100% ChatGPT generated bullshit 🤣

Introducing the Acoustic Dampening Stabilisation Device (ADSD), a cutting-edge solution engineered to mitigate resonant frequencies and optimise the acoustic performance of vinyl records on turntables. The ADSD is a meticulously designed apparatus, featuring precision-engineered conical isolators that mate with the surface of the vinyl, thereby facilitating unparalleled resonance dissipation. This innovative design, inspired by NASA technology, effectively dissipates unwanted vibrational energy, significantly reducing resonance and enhancing the overall fidelity and clarity of the audio output. Crafted from aerospace-grade materials and subjected to rigorous testing, the ADSD is a testament to uncompromising quality and performance in the pursuit of unparalleled audio excellence. Experience the difference with the Acoustic Dampening Stabilisation Device, the ultimate accessory for discerning audiophiles seeking to elevate their listening experience to new heights.

100% ChatGPT generated bullshit 🤣

Introducing the Acoustic Dampening Stabilisation Device (ADSD), a cutting-edge solution engineered to mitigate resonant frequencies and optimise the acoustic performance of vinyl records on turntables. The ADSD is a meticulously designed apparatus, featuring precision-engineered conical isolators that mate with the surface of the vinyl, thereby facilitating unparalleled resonance dissipation. This innovative design, inspired by NASA technology, effectively dissipates unwanted vibrational energy, significantly reducing resonance and enhancing the overall fidelity and clarity of the audio output. Crafted from aerospace-grade materials and subjected to rigorous testing, the ADSD is a testament to uncompromising quality and performance in the pursuit of unparalleled audio excellence. Experience the difference with the Acoustic Dampening Stabilisation Device, the ultimate accessory for discerning audiophiles seeking to elevate their listening experience to new heights.
you've just done a lot of cheap copywriters out of their job
well
you and AI

fucking capitalised machine

Me:
Write a sonnet about how deluded audiophiles are.

ChatGPT:
In realms where sound is worshipped as divine,
Audiophiles, with zeal, their altars raise,
They chase the perfect tone, the flawless line,
In cables, tubes, and speakers' sonic blaze.

With golden ears, they claim to hear the air,
The subtle nuances, the faintest breath,
They seek the truth, the music's soul laid bare,
In high-end gear, they find their life's true quest.

But are they lost in their own sonic maze?
Do they mistake the means for the true end?
In cables coiled, in tubes that softly blaze,
Do they forget the music, the message sent?

For in the end, the song's the thing that reigns,
Not wires, not tubes, not audiophiles' refrains.

Me:
Write a sonnet about how deluded audiophiles are.

ChatGPT:
In realms where sound is worshipped as divine,
Audiophiles, with zeal, their altars raise,
They chase the perfect tone, the flawless line,
In cables, tubes, and speakers' sonic blaze.

With golden ears, they claim to hear the air,
The subtle nuances, the faintest breath,
They seek the truth, the music's soul laid bare,
In high-end gear, they find their life's true quest.

But are they lost in their own sonic maze?
Do they mistake the means for the true end?
In cables coiled, in tubes that softly blaze,
Do they forget the music, the message sent?

For in the end, the song's the thing that reigns,
Not wires, not tubes, not audiophiles' refrains.

I don’t think this will work as advertising copy.

I don’t think this will work as advertising copy.
No, but I'm getting to grips with ChatGPT, and it's an impressive bit of kit. :eek:
I just asked it to write a simple bit of code for an Arduino project, and it spat out the results in seconds, so I kept adding bits and changing parameters, and it wrote a working* program in a couple of minutes that would have taken me an hour or more. I did catch it out one time but it apologised, corrected itself and moved on. I can see it saving me a fair bit of time on mundane shit.

*Haven't tested it but it looks right and it compiled ok.

No, but I'm getting to grips with ChatGPT, and it's an impressive bit of kit. :eek:
I just asked it to write a simple bit of code for an Arduino project, and it spat out the results in seconds, so I kept adding bits and changing parameters, and it wrote a working* program in a couple of minutes that would have taken me an hour or more. I did catch it out one time but it apologised, corrected itself and moved on. I can see it saving me a fair bit of time on mundane shit.

*Haven't tested it but it looks right and it compiled ok.

Fair enough. I won’t bother with the software engineer vacancy.

All true, and nothing that anybody with an ounce of common sense shouldn't already know.

Back
Top Bottom