Are you an audiophile?

• Yes

Votes: 31 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.1%
  • Audiophiles are deluded bullshitters

Votes: 116 50.4%

• Total voters
That's why I thought it was important to make sure they didn't get pulled down the wrong route with the GIK Acoustics article. I mean, they could have spent loads of money on a bunch on nonsense placebo items instead of investing in something sensible like some carbon performance elevators:
View attachment 383328

Just $499 for 4 or $758.50 for 6!
seems more financially beneficial to buy 8.

Don't pay any attention to that ^^^ nonsense from GIK acoustics.
You need to get yourself a pair of Shakti Hallographic Soundfield Optimisers ($1,495)

View attachment 383320

Nothing else can extend your soundstage without compromising clarity and detail in quite the same way.
These are still my all time favourite “hifi” product :D

just bought a mixer to complete my set up.

went for an allen & heath 2 channel fully analogue job.

should be here tomorrow!

I almost feel like we could do with another thread. One for audiophile wank where people spend a small fortune on cables and get laughed at and another more useful (but less funny) one where people who like audio and don't want to spend silly money can get sensible advice.

Cables need an upgrade obviously. Surprised you can hear anything with them! Don't tell me they're hard wired into the decks...
yeah just the standard rca cables that come hard wired, only the mk7 and the GR models have female sockets for rcas.

I would like to upgrade the cables but that's a job for another day.

my stands are filled with sand or lead or summat that is guaranteed to break your back if you need to move them. no spikes, straight on to laminate floor. unsurpassable sound quality in every sense. Especially after a bottle of glenmorangie with lagavulin chasers.

The reflective coefficient of laminate flooring is well understood by advanced audiophiles such as myself. to overcome any issues i find that strategically positioned dead bottles of bob dylan bourbon can be helpful, along with encouraging the cairn terrier to lay within the optimised area, usually under my feet, slightly left of centre (in line with ones personal politics) in regards to the stereo sweet spot.

i have often considered replacing the cairn terrier with a St Bernard when the systems sound quality fails to impress other advanced audiophiles who drop 'round to admire my set up. The potential disadvantage of course are feeding costs and moving hundredweights of dog shit each day.

i have often considered replacing the cairn terrier with a St Bernard when the systems sound quality fails to impress other advanced audiophiles who drop 'round to admire my set up. The potential disadvantage of course are feeding costs and moving hundredweights of dog shit each day.
For someone who has caned a bottle and a bit of single malt before 11am your thinking (and typing) are impressive. Love it 👍. I'm such an audiophile that I've bi-wired my speakers 😁

Not that convinced by the biwiring fad. i recall my dad had a system decades since, which had minescule speakers called minimax which i believe originated in the old soviets. They were wired to a garrard(100?) with a fancy arm arrangement and an early cambridge (p50?) amplifier. His speaker wires was mains bell flex, thin stuff, easily bent around corners, which appealed to his fastidious nature, allowing the wire to be tacked to skirting board tops and painted over. The whole thing absolutely rocked. He listened mainly to classical stuff, mostly unappealing to these hippy ears. But when he was at work, out would come the Grateful dead and Sgnt Pepper. Marvelous sounds from bell wire.

Back
Top Bottom