Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do we support Insulate Britain?

Do we support Insulate Britain in here or not?

• Yes

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • Dont know

Votes: 21 17.9%

• Total voters
Like ‘em or loathe them this is a ballsy as fuck statement to make to the High Court:

Taylor told the court that if the judges did not send him to prison he would “go out and block the highway at the earliest opportunity”, adding: “And I will continue to do so until the government makes a meaningful statement and fucking acts on it,” he said, spurring a rebuke from Sharp for his language.

“If you send me away to prison, 10 people will step forward in my place,” Taylor said. “If you send each of us away, 100 people will step forward and take our places. If you send 100 of us away, 1,000 people will step forward to take our place.

“If you somehow manage to stop all non-violent protests, then things will only turn violent.”

Like ‘em or loathe them this is a ballsy as fuck statement to make to the High Court:

Taylor told the court that if the judges did not send him to prison he would “go out and block the highway at the earliest opportunity”, adding: “And I will continue to do so until the government makes a meaningful statement and fucking acts on it,” he said, spurring a rebuke from Sharp for his language.

“If you send me away to prison, 10 people will step forward in my place,” Taylor said. “If you send each of us away, 100 people will step forward and take our places. If you send 100 of us away, 1,000 people will step forward to take our place.

“If you somehow manage to stop all non-violent protests, then things will only turn violent.”
Not sure it's ballsy, more Spartacus delusional...

Jailed and apparently ordered to pay £91,000. Ouch.

Last edited:
Of course it all comes down to how important they are, the vanguard of a courageous movement that marks a paradigm shift in human history, how their perspective is the true one. It’s like the FOTLers but with more ego.

A lot of that stuff about these days.

To avoid those Sun & Mail links -

Submissions made by Ben Taylor, 37, to the court on Tuesday were described by Dame Victoria Sharp as "inflammatory" and a "call to arms", and he was therefore given a longer sentence of six months "to deter (him) from committing further breaches".

Well, he asked for it, and got it, the twat. :D

To avoid those Sun & Mail links -

Well, he asked for it, and got it, the twat. :D

Submissions made by Ben Taylor, 37, to the court on Tuesday were described by Dame Victoria Sharp as "inflammatory" and a "call to arms", and he was therefore given a longer sentence of six months "to deter (him) from committing further breaches".

Dame Victoria Sharp, will she go home today and think to herself that she has served justice, protected the country and people of the UK from a threat, a menace? Load of wank.

Last edited:
Dame Victoria Sharp, will she go home today and thing to herself that she has served justice, protected the country and people of the UK from a threat, a menace? Load of wank.

Perhaps you’d think differently if they went around torching Audis instead of pissing off actual working class people.

Breaking High Court injunctions are taken very seriously, as they were fully aware of, to stand up in court and say you will continue to do so, is not going to go down well, is it?

Talking back to the beak and daring her to lock you up is probably not the smartest legal strategy going

Of course not, that's why he said it.

They wanted to be sent to prison, that's the whole point in their action. Dame Sharp has facilitated their protest.

He clearly sees himself as a bit of a martyr and is expecting that this will rally more new recruits to the cause, he is probably going to be disappointed though.

Of course not, that's why he said it.

They wanted to be sent to prison, that's the whole point in their action. Dame Sharp has facilitated their protest.

Breaking the HC injunction is contempt of court, and a serious matter, so what else could she do?
He clearly sees himself as a bit of a martyr and is expecting that this will rally more new recruits to the cause, he is probably going to be disappointed though.

Well I've seen this sort of thing before, in support of pirate radio and against the cannabis laws, what tends to happen is support melts away, because most people are not twats that want to end-up in prison.

Breaking the HC injunction is contempt of court, and a serious matter, so what else could she do?

Community service, installing insulation.

Well I've seen this sort of thing before, in support of pirate radio and against the cannabis laws, what tends to happen is support melts away, because most people are not twats that want to end-up in prison.

IB are an offshoot of XR, whose strategy is to get as many arrested as possible and enough people have been willing to do that. People seem to feel quite strongly about for the forthcoming collapse of the planet's ecosystems, amazingly with more passion than people supporting pirate radio or weed do, two activities that carried on unabated regardless of court edicts.

Back
Top Bottom