Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disney + streaming video recommendations thread

I'm with Atomic on this one. It's past being a bit goofy and self-referential and just gone full corn on the cob. The cast look like they're having fun, probably because it doesn't require them to act. Just thick layers of ham. And I wanted to like it.

I'm enjoying it, but the "burst into song" moment in every episode is wearing a bit thin for me now.

I've taken up the three months for £1.99 per month offer

So I have access to Disney+ again

I've re-watched Mr Inbetween, possibly it was a re- re-watch, can't be sure. It's still a fantastic series, if you've not seen it I implore you to give it a go. Yes, there are some "moments" but the show does not unnecessarily dwell on them and a lot of them are implied rather than spelled out, letter by letter

I've tried revisiting the MCU, but this time? Nah! Not really working for me and God knows I've set my bar at an embarrassingly low level and this time the ones I've tried are failing... badly

I'm going to skip through this thread in the hope of some inspiration but, given it's the might of Disney I'm disappointed tbh, I'm going to struggle to get 3 months worth of use out of it

I felt the Apple TV tryout we had was better

Agatha All Along new episode out, and it's just got really interesting.
Might not be so much for people who didn't follow WandaVision and aren't so much into Marvel stuff generally.

I am fucking loving it though.

Even Peters showed up too, and him turning up in WandaVision was one of the best moments of that for me - in terms of crossover and also I just think he's great

Last edited:
I've just started Rivals and had to tilt the blinds incase the neighbours see what I'm watching. :hmm:
OMG I've seen trailers for that but it's just clicked what it's an adaptation of 🤣
I haven't actually read any of her stuff, but the cast list looks top notch so I might give it a go (with the curtains drawn, natch).

Forget about Jilly Cooper being the author of the book it’s based on- this is very, very good so far. Well produced, funny, and with a great cast. Do fucking check it out :)
I'm loving it. Only on episode 3 but loving Danny Dyer and Katherine Parkinson in it.

Forget about Jilly Cooper being the author of the book it’s based on- this is very, very good so far. Well produced, funny, and with a great cast. Do fucking check it out :)

I'm loving it. Only on episode 3 but loving Danny Dyer and Katherine Parkinson in it.

I've just watched the first episode and you're both quite right, it's fucking superb :D

Highly recommend it!

I think some folks take some shows too seriously.
A show doesn't have to be serious to be enjoyable, but I would like a decent plot. I haven't watched the new one, but there is so little on offer I will probably eventually watch it all.
I tried rewatching a couple of Marvel films but found myself immediately bored. I should probably accept that this stuff isn't for me anymore.
. . . oh though I did start watching Legion, which I have never heard of before. Why is that not really talked about in Marvel circles?
Started out pretty cool . . .but a massive drop off for the second ep. I'm only on three or four, it's very up and down and from here on in I could probably take it or leave it. . . . but as mentioned before, I'll probably take it.

Solar Opposites seems to have lost it's spark the last couple of series.
Futurama too. I think it's definitely had it this time. It used to be something quite magical, now it's just a bit boring.

New Daredevil series coming in March.

Intriguingly Born Again is possibly the best Daredevil graphic novel and one of my all time favourite comics. Hopefully this follows that story, although this article says it will continue the story of the previous seasons. But why call it that if it's not related?

Fingers crossed anyway.

Five episodes of Rivals in, this is probably the best TV show I’ve seen all year.

Based on posts here I suggested we give it a go to Mrs Spy, despite her insisting "it's really not for you".

She was absolutely right. I hated everything about it from the very 1st scene, and just binned it after 18 minutes and 57 seconds.

She's going to watch it though.

Based on posts here I suggested we give it a go to Mrs Spy, despite her insisting "it's really not for you".

She was absolutely right. I hated everything about it from the very 1st scene, and just binned it after 18 minutes and 57 seconds.

She's going to watch it though.
Fair enough. You’re literally the first bad review I’ve come across of it. And FWIW on paper this did not appeal to me at all either.

To the extent that I really want to dislike Danny Dyer and dismiss him as a one-trick pony, but I am happy to concede that he (and everyone else in this) is superb. David Tennant- what a perfect odious character he pulls off.

Back
Top Bottom