Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

Just checked , more fixtures are available, but would be grateful if someone from the Club could contact the League as they say we play at Champions Hill!
All league unless stated & 2.00pm kick offs)
18/8: HOME Aylesford
25/8: away Eastbourne Town (2.30pm)
1/9: away Aylesford (FACup preliminary round)
8/9: HOME Queens Park Rangers (Cup- presumably a league cup on a group basis?)
15/9: away Denham United
29/9: away Ashford Town (Middlesex)
13/10: HOME Saltdean United
3/11: HOME Eastbourne Town
24/11:away Fulham Development
TBA: HOME Downham United (Cup) & away vFulham Development (Cup)
editor

Would be good to see our friends from Clapton Community Women's Team on 29th September
also possibly up to 100 Clapton fans

Last edited:
The reserve's team first batch of fixtures are up now as well...

Full-Time : Team

Tom said these will be behind closed doors due to license restrictions at training ground. Any chance the 29 September game vs Clapton CFC could be on main pitch, as first team are away, and no doubt there will be at least visiting fans wanting to watch?

First XI and Reserved both listed to be at Champion Hill on 8th Sept with 14.00 kick offs! Should be interesting

Full-Time : Team

Tom said these will be behind closed doors due to license restrictions at training ground. Any chance the 29 September game vs Clapton CFC could be on main pitch, as first team are away, and no doubt there will be at least visiting fans wanting to watch?

Does this mean the Reserve team matches aren't being played at Champion Hill but the training pitch fields across the way?

So can we confirm what is the next home game for the women's first team (so we can try and replicate the great attendance we had for the first home League game)
I make it

Dulwich Hamlet Women's Team V QPR on 8th September

So can we confirm what is the next home game for the women's first team (so we can try and replicate the great attendance we had for the first home League game)
I make it

Dulwich Hamlet Women's Team V QPR on 8th September
That's what I remember being announced at the end of the game on Sunday.

https://fulltime.thefa.com/ff/TeamDetails?teamid=253884130&seasonid=590808595&tab=fixtures

I might make the Comets game as I also have a game in Regents Park that day!

The first recorded Women's game to be played at Champion Hill, I can find is the 1977 Women's FA Cup final between Southampton and QPR held on 15th May 1977, with over 3,000 in attendance in the old Champion Hill stadium. The game highlights shown before the men's FA Cup final with Bob Wilson as commentator. QPR ran out 1-0 winners.

the next game was the delayed 1994/95 London women's cup final between Arsenal & Millwall Lionesses in August 1995

The next women's game played at Champion Hill was on Sunday 10th September 1995 when Dulwich Hamlet Women's football Club (formally Lambeth WFC founded in 1986 as Patmore Youth Club) ran out against Hackney WFC in the WFA Cup preliminary round (Alsion Murphy star scorer)
Debbie Glanfield, T Balogun, Catherine Dooley, Alison Murphy, Hazel Sarjeant, Martina Killick, Jackie Phillip, Marie Foley, Diann Charles, Dee McLaren, Bebrey Gurten subs Maz Keenan, Chidi Anyiam, Fola Munis

Source: 10th September 1995 programme notes

Last edited:
Full Time 1-1 in a game dominated by Dulwich Hamlet according to accounts and scored early in the second half, only for Eastbourne Town to equalise soon after with a "fluke goal" - The Hamlet drop to third

Last edited:
Full Time 1-1 in a game dominated by Dulwich Hamlet according to accounts and scored early in the second half, only for Eastbourne Town to equalise soon after with a "fluke goal" - The Hamlet drop to third
It was one of them goals you see on Question of Sport, What happened next..

Real shame as Dulwich had plenty of chances to score.
The Eastbourne goalie made a good finger tip save too and a goal line save from a corner.

Was robbed by a dodgy lino decision and a unfortunate deflection in the dying minutes to lose in extra time.
I hope Rhea's knee injury isn't too bad.

FA Womens Cup Aylesford 2 Dulwich 1
0-0 at half time. 1-1 at the end of the 90 minutes. Dulwich scored first and dominated the game. Had a goal ruled out for offside. We hit the post but Aylesford scored with a 25 yard shot into the top corner in the last minute of extra time. A very entertaining game.
DHW1.jpg

DHW2.jpg

DHW3.jpg

Last edited:
Lost 1-0 to QPR today. Cup game, albeit mini league not knockout I gathered.

I caught the last half hour, excellent crowd, good atmosphere and plenty of attacking football. Just lacking the final bit of luck/skill to get an equaliser, which would have been deserved.

Almost didn't get to see it, steward on the main gate was adamant that the turnstiles were shut and no way was he letting me in but the guys in the reception were more lenient. Will definitely be back!

Lost 1-0 to QPR today. Cup game, albeit mini league not knockout I gathered.

I caught the last half hour, excellent crowd, good atmosphere and plenty of attacking football. Just lacking the final bit of luck/skill to get an equaliser, which would have been deserved.

Almost didn't get to see it, steward on the main gate was adamant that the turnstiles were shut and no way was he letting me in but the guys in the reception were more lenient. Will definitely be back!
Had the same issue as you re turning up halfway through second half. New lad on the gate apparently. His supervisor let us in very soon after.

Back
Top Bottom