Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

1-0 against palace, and well deserved. They totally held their own. Some great saves from Dulwich too.

I'd love to be able to give the women's team more coverage in Buzz. Can anyone go along and grab some pics ?

Considering it's £4 to get in then I would have thought a teamsheet could be free, or a few bob charged for a simple eight page programme.... Page 1 Cover; page 2 brief women's team history; page 3 editorial; pages 4 & 5 team line up; page 6 fixture list & league tables; page 7 maybe a player profile; page 8 advert for Bulb. It doesn't take that long to do.

Looked like Kent Football Utd (who I think are in our division) put out a programme for their friendly today v Southampton Ladies, according to a post on Facebook.

Kent football united got promoted from our league last season. And programmes in women's football are nothing special some clubs in top tier only have home fixtures if any fixtures at all.

Will the kind folk (I'm genuinely not sure who it is!) who compile and update the DHFC fixtures calendar online be adding the Women's fixutres? Would be ace, if so!

I think I’ve seen some more of the women’s fixtures around somewhere, would be good if they were a bit more prominent, pinned on their twitter maybe

Will the kind folk (I'm genuinely not sure who it is!) who compile and update the DHFC fixtures calendar online be adding the Women's fixutres? Would be ace, if so!

Done.

Fixture piece coming out this afternoon hopefully, had to do some re-building of the website to get everything up online as the leagues linked website is as useful as a chocolate tea-pot!

Maybe ask Gavin Tomlin? Heard he's a web developer...

Just found this, they are in the London & South East Regional Women's - Premier league.

https://fulltime.thefa.com/ff/TeamDetails?teamid=146830651&seasonid=402183010&tab=table

And the DHFC women's reserves (coached by Jack Badu) are a couple of divisions lower in Greater London Women's Football League D1. The fixtures of these games have yet to be published, but will be found here: https://fulltime.thefa.com/ff/Divis...agueid=652739866&seasonid=590808595&tab=table. They are in the same division as Clapton Community WFC, who have similarly taken over an existing team/club and maintained their position in the league.

Done.

Maybe ask Gavin Tomlin? Heard he's a web developer...

And the DHFC women's reserves (coached by Jack Badu) are a couple of divisions lower in Greater London Women's Football League D1. The fixtures of these games have yet to be published, but will be found here: https://fulltime.thefa.com/ff/Divis...agueid=652739866&seasonid=590808595&tab=table. They are in the same division as Clapton Community WFC, who have similarly taken over an existing team/club and maintained their position in the league.
Everybody hates franchising...but it's been alive & well in the women's game for decades...

"Maybe ask Gavin Tomlin? Heard he's a web developer..."

I think you may know the answer to this one...:D

Photos from mighty Max.

dhfc-women-crawley-01.jpg

dhfc-women-crawley-09.jpg

dhfc-women-crawley-20.jpg

Dulwich Hamlet women’s team lose to Crawley Wasps in last pre-season friendly, Sun 11th Aug 2019

So glad to finally have a local women's team. Caught a couple of their pre seasons, excited to get the season started.

As for paying to get in.. I'm happy to pay four quid to have clean toilets, decent seats, a bar and a decent pitch.

This is a major step up for those of us who've had to watch in parks and sports pitches.

Back
Top Bottom