Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

It’s a little tricky not being familiar with the team yet but sure, can do this for the matches I attend
Thanks. It can just be a short summary if you want - I can't make many of the games as I'm usually out until WTFo'clock on Saturdays/Sunday mornings. Max should be able to do photos for most of the games, so it would be good to have some commentary on Brixton Buzz, even if it's just a paragraph summing up the match.

You can whip it over to brixtonbuzz at gmail.com but it's no problem if you don't manage it - I'm just trying to do my bit to promote the team!

Thanks. It can just be a short summary if you want - I can't make many of the games as I'm usually out until WTFo'clock on Saturdays/Sunday mornings. Max should be able to do photos for most of the games, so it would be good to have some commentary on Brixton Buzz, even if it's just a paragraph summing up the match.

You can whip it over to brixtonbuzz at gmail.com but it's no problem if you don't manage it - I'm just trying to do my bit to promote the team!

Sure thing! :) I’ll confirm which games I can make in advance.

Dont tease us. What was the final score? :thumbs:
Hamlet had far the better of it throughout and deservedly took the lead. Conceded an unfortunate equaliser from a free kick and were struggling for five or ten minutes until a big - Rabble-roused - finish saw us grab what proved to be the winner and see things out fairly comfortably.

Very enjoyable game with a great atmosphere in front of a good crowd of 236
a 2-1 victory takes Hamlet second in the League

Never known the stand so noisy, really got behind the Team

The team played well, some great passing and dominated most the game, but nearly fell to a succor punch

Catherine great on the tannoy

Liz Wicks and Saskia Philips outstanding on the pitch

some other great performances

Lots of replica kits being sold

Last edited:
Agree it was a most enjoyable match and in the end a deserved win for Dulwich. The second goal seemed to take an age to trickle into the net!
And a very good turnout for the occasion as well.

The article mentions rolling substitutes. We thought (eventually) that maybe what was happening was sin bins? Players were being announced back on but not off so there were a lot changes of one sort or another, it was quite confusing tbh.
I think Catherine couldn't keep up with who was coming off and on the pitch rather than sin bins as there was always 11 players on the pitch.

Photos from Max

dhfc-w-2-1-aylesford-01.jpg

dhfc-w-2-1-aylesford-07.jpg

dhfc-w-2-1-aylesford-21.jpg

Dulwich Hamlet Women’s FC start the new season with a 2-1 victory over Aylesford Ladies, Sunday, 18th Aug 2019

The article mentions rolling substitutes. We thought (eventually) that maybe what was happening was sin bins? Players were being announced back on but not off so there were a lot changes of one sort or another, it was quite confusing tbh.

The article is correct. You are allowed to make rolling substitutions at their level - hence why players who came off in the first half later returned to the game.

I know everyone loves stats
Week One's top attendances:
• Champ: Villa v Sheff Utd: 500
• NPD: Stoke Cty v Sheff FC: 225
• SPD: Portsmouth v Watford: 207
• D1M: Donny Belles v Leafield Ath: 198
• D1N: Leeds Utd v Liv Feds: 120
• D1SW: Cheltenham T v Poole T: 92
• D1SE: Ipswich v AFC Wimbledon: 150
They realised they missed DHFCW out in a later post.

Is there anyway I can find a simple text listing of all the upcoming fixtures so I can stick them on Buzz?
Be a pain to manually c&p from the FA site.

Is there anyway I can find a simple text listing of all the upcoming fixtures so I can stick them on Buzz?
Be a pain to manually c&p from the FA site.
Mishi listed those that are available earlier on this thread. I believe fixtures are only released a few months at a time as some clubs have issues with pitch availability.

Back
Top Bottom