Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

A good innovation and good luck to the team next season. I've only ever seen Tier 7 games (county league level) which were free admission, no programmes, and where attendances were a small number of friends and family. No idea about gates at Tier 5 (or even if gates are counted)?

Or just say they’re not there to watch the game, watch it from the bar for free then pop outside if they can be bothered for the second half.

I was just going to ask what the situation with the bar will be on Sundays if there's a big match on the TV screens and also a women's match happening on the pitch. Will people going along to watch televised matches in the bar be charged to get in?

I was just going to ask what the situation with the bar will be on Sundays if there's a big match on the TV screens and also a women's match happening on the pitch. Will people going along to watch televised matches in the bar be charged to get in?

Of course. Why would it be different to a men’s game?

Of course. Why would it be different to a men’s game?

I think it's a slightly different situation because there aren't normally televised matches on a Saturday at 3pm, so people at the ground at that time are generally there specifically to watch the Hamlet match... but on a Sunday afternoon there are often matches on the TV so it may be the case that people would go to the bar specifically to watch those (especially now that the bar is promoting itself a lot more as a place to come and watch sport on TV).

There are games on when men’s matches are on, no ones asking if it’s free to watch them? 12 and 12:45pn ko’s. Gates open at 12.

Our teams on our pitch will always be the priority over football on the TV. Kind of weird we have to make that clear!

FYI, WFC games will be 2pm KO’s.

Got down for the second half of the game today. Was fantastic to see so many in attendance - 225 I think? - for the first game. And I’m sure things will only grow from there! I’ll certainly be down next weekend, it had a very relaxed Sunday vibe. Great too that all the amenities that could be wished for - food, bar, shop etc - were available too.

Got down for the second half of the game today. Was fantastic to see so many in attendance - 225 I think? - for the first game. And I’m sure things will only grow from there! I’ll certainly be down next weekend, it had a very relaxed Sunday vibe. Great too that all the amenities that could be wished for - food, bar, shop etc - were available too.

I was there with the family and friends for the whole game. Completely agree, it was a really nice atmosphere and a decent level of football. I'm very happy to pay the price of a pint for that. Hopefully it means money reinvested into the infrastructure for the women's team as well. A great addition to the Hamlet family.

Agree with all the above but was disappointed that no teamsheets were available. I intend to support our Women’s team this season and would like to get to know them before the season starts. Hopefully this can be rectified next week, even if the club charges 20/30p a sheet to cover costs.

Agree with all the above but was disappointed that no teamsheets were available. I intend to support our Women’s team this season and would like to get to know them before the season starts. Hopefully this can be rectified next week, even if the club charges 20/30p a sheet to cover costs.
Numbers on shirts would help too.

Considering it's £4 to get in then I would have thought a teamsheet could be free, or a few bob charged for a simple eight page programme.... Page 1 Cover; page 2 brief women's team history; page 3 editorial; pages 4 & 5 team line up; page 6 fixture list & league tables; page 7 maybe a player profile; page 8 advert for Bulb. It doesn't take that long to do.

Considering it's £4 to get in then I would have thought a teamsheet could be free, or a few bob charged for a simple eight page programme.... Page 1 Cover; page 2 brief women's team history; page 3 editorial; pages 4 & 5 team line up; page 6 fixture list & league tables; page 7 maybe a player profile; page 8 advert for Bulb. It doesn't take that long to do.

I'll pass on your details to the WFC committee if you're volunteering? :thumbs:

In all seriousness, we're learning a lot about this level of Women's football. Leyton Orient WFC don't normally submit team sheets to the opposing team (as they didn't, we didn't know who was playing for them even though we asked!) and the idea of anything being announced on a tannoy was totally alien. let alone the idea of a programme. We're going to have to impress our standards on visiting teams, but thats not to say we can't do it, nor that the opposing teams would not oblige. Had a great chat with the Orient officials and they were blown away by the hospitality, and thrilled to play in a facility like Champion Hill.

Disappointing to lose considering how well we played, but they played very well, and tested a team a level higher. Tired legs at the end led to the winner from Orient, but a very good start to pre-season.

Britt Saylor (CM), Rosie Stone (CM) (Goalscorer) and KiKi Marino (CB) all looked very good, lots of subs on and off during the game but plenty to be excited about. Roll on Sunday against AFC Wimbledon.

Numbers and new kits incoming, don't you worry!

I'll pass on your details to the WFC committee if you're volunteering? :thumbs:

In all seriousness, we're learning a lot about this level of Women's football. Leyton Orient WFC don't normally submit team sheets to the opposing team (as they didn't, we didn't know who was playing for them even though we asked!) and the idea of anything being announced on a tannoy was totally alien. let alone the idea of a programme. We're going to have to impress our standards on visiting teams, but thats not to say we can't do it, nor that the opposing teams would not oblige. Had a great chat with the Orient officials and they were blown away by the hospitality, and thrilled to play in a facility like Champion Hill.

Disappointing to lose considering how well we played, but they played very well, and tested a team a level higher. Tired legs at the end led to the winner from Orient, but a very good start to pre-season.

Britt Saylor (CM), Rosie Stone (CM) (Goalscorer) and KiKi Marino (CB) all looked very good, lots of subs on and off during the game but plenty to be excited about. Roll on Sunday against AFC Wimbledon.

Numbers and new kits incoming, don't you worry!
Thanks for the response. I know you were joking about the volunteering bit, but it goes without saying if I had wanted to volunteer I already would have done...

Reactions: YTC
Would someone be able to put something together (or find a link) to show what league the women’s team will be in next year and where we sit in relation to our pre season opponents?

Would someone be able to put something together (or find a link) to show what league the women’s team will be in next year and where we sit in relation to our pre season opponents?

As I understand, their league is at Step 5 of the women's pyramid. As far as I can see Wimbledon and Orient are at Step 4 and Crawley were promoted from Step 4 to Step 3 (Southern Premier Division) last season while Palace are at Step 2 (the Championship).

From chatting to one of our players today I think Crawley were in the same division as the previous incarnation of our team 2 seasons ago. They seem to respect them a lot. It should be a good game.

Also random info, the 2 highest league scorers played for Phoenix last season but are no longer with the club.

From what I know, the quality of the opposition being played by the ladies team in their friendlies is pretty good and will be really challenging for them. I was a match official on games for AFC Wimbledon v Crawley and for Crystal Palace last season. Crawley didn't just get promoted from step 4, they absolutely ran away with the league. They put 6 past AFC Wimbledon in the game I was at. They had several players who had played at a higher level for Brighton and played some sparkling football.

From what I know, the quality of the opposition being played by the ladies team in their friendlies is pretty good and will be really challenging for them. I was a match official on games for AFC Wimbledon v Crawley and for Crystal Palace last season. Crawley didn't just get promoted from step 4, they absolutely ran away with the league. They put 6 past AFC Wimbledon in the game I was at. They had several players who had played at a higher level for Brighton and played some sparkling football.
I saw Crawley Wasps win away to Denham United last season in the Women’s FA Cup, and based on that & what I’ve seen so far, don’t expect us to win against us, presuming they’re full strength. It seems we have a tough pre-season programme, and I am looking forward to the league fixtures starting so we can get a better picture of the standard. Does anyone know if we have any away pre seasons?

Last edited:
Anyone know when the women's fixtures will be announced?
The opening couple have been, the ones for the rest of the season haven’t been released by the league yet. No idea why they haven’t been publicised by the Club anywhere yet, though of course it’s quite possible they have & ive missed them...

Just checked , more fixtures are available, but would be grateful if someone from the Club could contact the League as they say we play at Champions Hill!
All league unless stated & 2.00pm kick offs)
18/8: HOME Aylesford
25/8: away Eastbourne Town (2.30pm)
1/9: away Aylesford (FACup preliminary round)
8/9: HOME Queens Park Rangers (Cup- presumably a league cup on a group basis?)
15/9: away Denham United
29/9: away Ashford Town (Middlesex)
13/10: HOME Saltdean United
3/11: HOME Eastbourne Town
24/11:away Fulham Development
TBA: HOME Downham United (Cup) & away vFulham Development (Cup)

:D:D:D:D
Good opportunity for a weekend in Eastbourne with the National League fixture at Eastbourne Borough the previous day.
It is indeed, I believe Tom requested it with the league once the men’s fixtures were out so they could have a dirty weekend/ ultra type love-in! Keep off the pitch this :D

Back
Top Bottom