Hamlet played well, some great defence and midfield play
but like the men's team lacked clinical finishing
Hamlet could have easily won 5-3

QPR goal was well taken

To be fair it was very hot

surprised Liz Wicks wasn't playing ???? anyone know why

Catherine Rose excellent on the mic again today

Good to see a programme - top marks
I wouldn’t say Catherine was excellent... she did the job granted, but got more than one substitution wrong, got the goal scorer wrong & didn't plug the Hungerford game. Competent, but room for improvement.

Some pics from the mighty Max:

dhfc-women-0-1-qpr-03.jpg

dhfc-women-0-1-qpr-06.jpg

dhfc-women-0-1-qpr-13.jpg

In photos: Dulwich Hamlet Women’s team lose to QPR in closely fought League Cup tie, Sun 8th Sept 2019

Apparently there's engineering works on the Metropolitan Line this weekend, so no tubes to Uxbridge. Denham United play at:
The Den
Oxford Road
Denham, Uxbridge
Buckinghamshire
UB9 4DW

A 331 bus goes right past the ground, get off at the Garden Centre, from memory.
It's a basic railed off venue, small clubhouse & changing rooms, qhich has a bit of overhang, to give you shade, if it's too hot.

Photos from yesterdays competitive sunshine and rain game at Ashford Town Women's ground.
Game finished 1-1, a good goal from Dulwich and an unfortunate 'keeper error for Ashford's.
Midway through the second half saw some Kargbotype 2 quick goal line clearances by an Ashford player kept the game a draw.
Ashford Town (Middlesex) FC vs Dulwich Hamlet Woman FC | Better or worse

Great pics. That rain didn't look much fun...You've captured the unfortunate keeper error brilliantly! Kate must have watched the Brighton-Spurs match the day before...

Great pics. That rain didn't look much fun...You've captured the unfortunate keeper error brilliantly! Kate must have watched the Brighton-Spurs match the day before...
Hopefully she isn't too annoyed with herself about it, the conditions were mental for the first half.

Hopefully she isn't too annoyed with herself about it, the conditions were mental for the first half.
I think she took her frustration out at half time. She was booting the ball into the net from close range with power over and over. I thought the net was going to burst at one point!

Cracking result for the woman's team today, finished 5-0 against Saltdean FC
The team played well and gave Saltdean very few chances to score even though they looked a good team.

I went for the arty slow shutter shots today as both Ollie and Max were also taking photos.
IMG_6141.jpg IMG_6132.jpg

Did anyone see what happened the second time the Saltdean keeper went down? I wasn’t paying attention but I thought I heard someone say she’d thrown up. Hope she’s okay.

Great result as Dulwich Hamlet (5-0) go top of the League
another big crowd (177) you can really feel a good connection between the womens team and the fans
QPR probably still favorites to win the League but sure Hamlet will push them close
the team is looking better every game
hope the Saltdean United goalkeeper is feeling better after a number of brave saves leading to injury substitution

The first time look liked the Saltdean Utd goalkeeper (Emily Housell) bravely saved and was hit in the face
second time thought it was the goal post ? as the ball didnt hit her (as not a corner) and players were not near her

The first time look liked the Saltdean Utd goalkeeper (Emily Housell) bravely saved and was hit in the face
second time thought it was the goal post ? as the ball didnt hit her (as not a corner) and players were not near her
Yes first time was a ball to the head, saving a one on one situation. That’s why if she was sick it would be especially worrying. Like I said, hope she is okay.

Yup, ball in the face pollaxed her when she made a good save. I'd say she was temporarily knocked out by it judging how hard she went down and didn't move.
The 2nd time she went down, I think she just spun too quickly and probably wasn't fully recovered from the 1st hit.

Back
Top Bottom