Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

Nice to see the new DHFC website has the league table on it. Am I the only one that is confused by the womens league pyramid? The FA site is not particularly transparent.

I didn't realise how good this Summer Roberts finish was until today. She shapes up to shoot the at the far post, and only when she sees the keeper shift her weight does she then go the other way and shoot at the near post, completely outfoxing her. An utterly sublime bit of football.

Is it likely that Summer will return to AFC next season?

Looks like Sport London e Benfica should win promotion now. The Reserves only have three games left but whatever happens it’s been a very impressive season for a side deemed “surplus to requirements” in pre season. Hopefully coming seasons can see this built on with this side becoming a true development team for club success in the future.

Ref’s a prick.
Lots of today sucked. The team looked off the pace after too long without football, we really missed a cup-tied Angel Reid, and the referee may not have cost us the game, but he still gave possibly the worst performance I've seen in three decades of watching football.

But one big plus was another 500+ crowd, which is no mean feat considering this was a minor cup game and season tickets weren't valid.

The short and long-term future for Dulwich Hamlet' Women team continues to look very bright.

Lots of today sucked. The team looked off the pace after too long without football, we really missed a cup-tied Angel Reid, and the referee may not have cost us the game, but he still gave possibly the worst performance I've seen in three decades of watching football.

But one big plus was another 500+ crowd, which is no mean feat considering this was a minor cup game and season tickets weren't valid.

The short and long-term future for Dulwich Hamlet' Women team continues to look very bright.
Have to say after watching the ref give us a corner, then overrule himself and from the ensuing goal kick by them give us a throw-in and then overrule himself from which Dartford then scored the winner I did indeed feel like the referee had jumped the shark.
Half an hour later I found myself strangely relieved and sympathetic being told he explained he got confused by the change of ends in extra time and thought he was giving those decisions to us.
Another one for the ‘only ever happens to us’ album right up there with the ‘signalling a goal kick and then giving a penalty for handball for throwing the ball to the keeper’ which was my previous favourite.

Have to say after watching the ref give us a corner, then overrule himself and from the ensuing goal kick by them give us a throw-in and then overrule himself from which Dartford then scored the winner I did indeed feel like the referee had jumped the shark.
Half an hour later I found myself strangely relieved and sympathetic being told he explained he got confused by the change of ends in extra time and thought he was giving those decisions to us.
Another one for the ‘only ever happens to us’ album right up there with the ‘signalling a goal kick and then giving a penalty for handball for throwing the ball to the keeper’ which was my previous favourite.
I can live with the comedic free-kick / throw-in / goal-kick decisions, but the way he let Dartford repeatedly kick and mow down our players was a disgrace, and genuinely dangerous.

After getting battered in the last game, Dartford clearly had a plan to give our players a 1970s style kicking (they were even high-fiving after a couple of fouls). The referee made this very easy for them by deciding to referee the game according to 1970s rules.

I can live with the comedic free-kick / throw-in / goal-kick decisions, but the way he let Dartford repeatedly kick and mow down our players was a disgrace, and genuinely dangerous.

After getting battered in the last game, Dartford clearly had a plan to give our players a 1970s style kicking (they were even high-fiving after a couple of fouls). The referee made this very easy for them by deciding to referee the game according to 1970s rules.
I felt the same. Coming to the stadium I knew they didn’t have the skill or coaching ability to counter the reasons we battered them in the last game with legitimate means so they would go for the ‘let them know you are there’ nastiness and the game would live or die by the referee’s ability to control it and sadly the game was DOA after his first non-decision.

That sounds up there with the “dog ate my homework” list of unbelievable excuses. I know we don’t tend to play extra time in a lot of women’s competitions. Think every one I’ve played in this season has been straight to penalties after 90 minutes. But seriously has this referee never previously officiated in a game that has gone to extra time in any football, female or male? 🤷‍♀️

Official attendance given as 581 on the league website, which is higher than 3 of the 4 Isthmian Premier matches that got played yesterday.

Saltdean won the other semi on kicks from the penalty mark after a 4-4 draw at Dorking.

That sounds up there with the “dog ate my homework” list of unbelievable excuses. I know we don’t tend to play extra time in a lot of women’s competitions. Think every one I’ve played in this season has been straight to penalties after 90 minutes. But seriously has this referee never previously officiated in a game that has gone to extra time in any football, female or male? 🤷‍♀️
I did it once when refereeing. You are used to half time swap arounds but less so extra time. You only have to be distracted by something / slightly switched off and you revert to the previous half's set up. It's a rare mistake but it does happen.

Thing is, it wasn’t the only thing he got 180 degrees wrong. Several decisions that were clear fouls / assaults on our players that he gave to Dartford or missed completely.

He also did that classic “I’m going to book someone for timewasting in the 119th minute so I get to feel like I’ve been on top of it” move when he should have been in at them from the start of the second half.

Basically if you had given out Shit Ref bingo cards on the gate everyone would have been calling house half an hour in.

I think the team will learn from that one. Dartford's game plan was clear from the start and we didn't really have any response to it.

Reminds me of the anti-football we saw when we first came up to the NLS, with teams hacking and time-wasting and managing the ref.

Effective, but not a pleasant watch.

I think the team will learn from that one. Dartford's game plan was clear from the start and we didn't really have any response to it.

Reminds me of the anti-football we saw when we first came up to the NLS, with teams hacking and time-wasting and managing the ref.

Effective, but not a pleasant watch.
Given the league run-in, still think we should've played the reserves and given them instructions to two-foot every Dartford player in sight. Match abandoned after 20 minutes, league title in the bag.

How was Angel cup tied, she’s only played for Dulwich this season and played v Fulham in the previous round?

A very eventful afternoon of laserwaffle action. The Hamlet win 4-1, while Dartford come from behind to beat Millwall right at the end of their game. For a long time it looked like they'd drop points today, but sadly it wasn't to be.

Meanwhile in south-east London, Fulham surprisingly lost at home to Saltdean, meaning their tilt at the league is surely over.

With games in hand, the Hamlet are still needing Dartford to drop 3 points somewhere. They still have to play Ebbsfleet at home and Fulham and Saltdean away, and have been making heavy work of beating some of the division's poorer sides, so our title chase is very much still on.

This Sunday is our first league game in a while, and it's against Aylesford, who once memorably asked the referee if he could stop the Pepper Army making quite so much noise.

Every game from now on is a must win game, which should lead to a great atmosphere. Looking forward to seeing all the usual faces from this board, and hopefully a few new ones too!

Attachments

• IMG-20240313-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20240313-WA0010.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 6
This Sunday is our first league game in a while, and it's against Aylesford, who once memorably asked the referee if he could stop the Pepper Army making quite so much noise.

Every game from now on is a must win game, which should lead to a great atmosphere. Looking forward to seeing all the usual faces from this board, and hopefully a few new ones too!
So, behind the away dugout instead of TO…?

Back
Top Bottom