Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

Change of venue for this Sunday's cup game

That certainly makes for an easier journey. N.B. the nearest station is Theobalds Grove, not Cheshunt. Trains are running half hourly from Liverpool Street via Seven Sisters, and the ground is only a few hundred yards from the station.

Sorry, I was just going by the list on the FA website, which doesn't include that one for some reason. Possibly because it's the Isthmian League Women's Cup, which is a bit of an anomaly as it's a men's league apparently running a competition for member clubs that have a women's team, rather than something overseen by a women's league or county FA.
The cups tend to be a bit of a mess on FA Full Time, especially when they’re cross league games. A lot of the Capital Cup go on there twice and often Women’s FA Cup ties going missing. That was the case with my WFAC debut this season against St Margaretsbury

Not at the races tonight, dumped out of a second cup in 4 days.

Billericay were worth the 3-1 win as Hamlet rarely threatened.

At least the women can legitimately say that they are concentrating on the league!

At least the women can legitimately say that they are concentrating on the league!
That’s one way of putting it, certainly.

Did the women’s team also lose to teams two divisions below them? Or above them…?

It was interesting to see how we looked without our two devastatingly effective usual starting wingers (Shakira Kafero-Robers and Angel Reid). A fit Billericay side were aggressive in closing us down in midfield, and without our usual out ball to wingers who can reliably beat defenders and hold the ball up, we seemed to struggle under the pressure.

I suspect it would've been different if Kafero-Roberts and Reid had started. We're a decent side without them, but a brilliant side with them.

I confess I didn't realise 'Ricay were so far above us, I just presumed they were on or about our level.

There didn't seem to be two decisions between the two sides, but maybe they rested some regulars.

Their keeper didn't look the most mobile, so would have like to seen her under a bit more pressure. We also struggled a bit with corner delivery.

Sad to miss out on the final but an enjoyable evening all in all, with the plus that I had the Brooklyn ale for the first time and it was bloody good. To strong for a Saturday session but perfect for a quiet midweek!

I confess I didn't realise 'Ricay were so far above us, I just presumed they were on or about our level.

There didn't seem to be two decisions between the two sides, but maybe they rested some regulars.

Their keeper didn't look the most mobile, so would have like to seen her under a bit more pressure. We also struggled a bit with corner delivery.

Sad to miss out on the final but an enjoyable evening all in all, with the plus that I had the Brooklyn ale for the first time and it was bloody good. To strong for a Saturday session but perfect for a quiet midweek!
I don't think either side was really playing a 1st XI, so difficult to take anything away beyond "the Tier 3 side's weakened time was better than the Tier 5 side's weakened team".

Being a midweek game it’s always tougher getting one’s best squad out in women’s football. There’s always going to be those of us that are unavailable due to work, family or other commitments.

Is there some kind of game to make as many posts as possible without actually revealing the result of yesterday's match. That's 3 now without actually saying Hamlet won. It was a 2-0 league win away to Ebbsfleet. Unfortunately Fulham and Dartford both won too.

Attendance 173, Dulwich must have been responsible for a fair chunk of that. Felt like more Hamlet fans than home fans?

Great support and result. Fulham and Dartford will face tougher opposition so we've just got to keep the pressure (and noise!) on

I didn't realise how good this Summer Roberts finish was until today. She shapes up to shoot the at the far post, and only when she sees the keeper shift her weight does she then go the other way and shoot at the near post, completely outfoxing her. An utterly sublime bit of football.

Little question for anyone that might know but why have the first team entered the Capital Senior Cup but the Reserves are not in the Intermediate version. There seem to be a number of reserve & academy sides in the competitions but not DHFC_W

Be interested to hear from the fans that go to the reserve games as a friend of mine who plays for Hackney tells me she & teammates had homophobic & transphobic comments made by some of the Brentford supporters.

Solidarity with Candi. Misogyny is actually on the increase in football. I’ve personally witnessed a number of incidents this season. That a League could allow a team to play with a misogynistic name then double down when informed of this along with some seriously troubling social posts that included illegal activity from Candi’s scheduled opponents should shock me but with Joey Barton spewing his shit all over social media I’m hardly surprised any more.

Back
Top Bottom