Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

Not everyone is going to that. And the video from the last one still hasn’t surfaced to my knowledge.
Sure, but I was considering that someone on here at least may ask the question and relay back. Also nothing stopping anyone from emailing the Trust their questions if they can't make it.

Just worth saying it might not be true. As I understood it the guy making the claim said he knew because his daughter played for the Reserves but then someone else in a similar position said they hadn’t heard that. So I’m giving the benefit of the doubt until I hear definitively. But it’s hard to do that when there is radio silence and when you know the club Comms officer has read the question but chosen not to answer - that suggests something is being prepared.
If it wasn't true, you'd expect the club to be very quick to correct it - particularly as they answered other questions from the original tweet.

This from the parent of one of the players posted on Facebook
“It has been officially announced to the reserves team that the reserves are being disbanded. The coaching team have tried and continue to try to find an alternative club / team to keep the ladies together but it doesn’t look hopeful. Due to the short notice of the disbanding and the appalling way that the club has handled this the ladies that want to continue playing now have the daunting task of trying out for other clubs. I really do hope that all of the team members that want to play manage to find a team for next season. DHFC you really could and should have handled this better.”

Disappointing given that the club that Dulwich adopted, Phoenix, had two functioning teams and the profile of the women's game has only grown in the years since. That will presumably continue with a World Cup on the horizon.

There are some serious questions that need answering about this decision. Why was it apparently taken after the club held its trials on May 23rd? Why was it apparently taken after the club allocations for the women’s pyramid announced on June 2nd? Although this article on June 6th refers to the “First Team” there appears to be no news article announcing the Reserves forthcoming season or their opponents. Might this suggest the club had already made the decision to scrap the reserves yet had still not told the team? Hopefully we’re going to get some answers before too long. Don’t this is going to go away before too long.

“Let’s take a really controversial decision and tell a small number of people about it”

“Should we maybe tell everyone at the same time, you know, so it looks like we know what we’re doing and everyone is informed and we’re in control of the message?”

“Nah, I’m sure no will will mention it. That’s what usually happens right?”

One other thing to conclude I suppose, which will interest a few more people on here, is that there won’t be a men’s reserve team this year.

The question as to whether or not the women's reserve team had been disbanded was asked to Ben Clasper at the DHST AGM last night.

His answer, and I'm paraphrasing broadly here, was that he wasn't aware of that being the case, but that decisions on which sides to keep playing each season and the level for those sides to play at are taken by Dumebi Dumaka and the respective management teams - so for the women's reserve team, Ryan Dempsey would be involved in that decision.

Ben confirmed that the same goes for the men's and youth sides - so if a decision has been made as to whether the men will have a reserve or B team next season, assume Hakan Hayrettin would have been involved in that decision.

The question as to whether or not the women's reserve team had been disbanded was asked to Ben Clasper at the DHST AGM last night.

His answer, and I'm paraphrasing broadly here, was that he wasn't aware of that being the case, but that decisions on which sides to keep playing each season and the level for those sides to play at are taken by Dumebi Dumaka and the respective management teams - so for the women's reserve team, Ryan Dempsey would be involved in that decision.

Ben confirmed that the same goes for the men's and youth sides - so if a decision has been made as to whether the men will have a reserve or B team next season, assume Hakan Hayrettin would have been involved in that decision.
Ben said similar to me in an email yesterday.

I find it very odd he wouldn’t want to know before the fact. If only from a Comms perspective.

It’s going to be an awful look if the club decide to bin the successful women’s reserve side at the same time as introducing a reserve side for the mens team that just got relegated.

I’ve been told some pretty damning things about what has been going on in regards to this. Based on my own experience on the club committee I rather surprised to learn that this decision which includes matters relating to costings & finance have been taken without the involvement of the chair and others on the club board. I’m expecting further developments shortly.

Over a week since rumours first emerged that the Women’s Reserve team had been summarily disbanded by the club. In that time the supporters have yet to hear a single word of confirmation as to how this decision was reached and who actually made the final decision at such a late stage. Apart from confirmation from players & parents on social media, the only “official” confirmation has come from a rival club in our league. This radio silence from the club is not a good look at all. London & South East Regional Women’s League Division One North line-up for new season - Clapton Community FC

Was discussed at the Supporters Trust AGM....
And the “feedback” I’ve seeing and elsewhere from that seems totally at odds from what I’m hearing from inside the team. Also interesting chatting to players from other teams, including LSEWFL opponents of Dulwich, who I regularly play with and against in small sided football. The name of the Hamlet is mud with many of them who’ve heard what has happened through the women’s football grapevine.

Was discussed at the Supporters Trust AGM....
The question as to whether or not the women's reserve team had been disbanded was asked to @Ben Clasper at the DHST AGM last night.

Given that “discussion” informed fans that the chair of the club wasn’t aware of the women’s reserve team being disbanded when the players had already been told this suggests that the chair of the club wasn’t in possession of the full facts and as such the fans didn’t get them.

I would respond but I am now in a position where I have promised not to speak on this matter until further developments which I await with interest.

I mean to literally say "supporters have yet to hear a single word" whilst also quoting a post outlining the words that supporters have heard does smack a little of hyperbole.

It has now been announced to the players that the Reserve team has been reinstated and registered with the LSEWFL. This is no small part thanks to the players of the entire women’s team, firsts & reserves, who refused to take this decision lying down. I’m told that there’s been some incredible hard work going on behind the scenes. Hopefully this paves the way for greater involvement from the players in the future direction of our women’s teams.

3 of the trialists looked very good!

As for Welling, they had only formed the team a week ago and they didn't know each other's names. They played ok and their 'keeper made some decent saves to keep the scoreline down.

There was some upheaval at Welling with manager Keith Boanas, who is a bit of a legend in women’s football, departing and the team separating from the men’s club last week. They only had the last of their trials on Tuesday night.

Attachments

• IMG_2427.jpeg
    IMG_2427.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 14
Dartford will be showing the World Cup Final before our fixture, which will be in the main stadium

Must make things difficult for Dulwich players who want to watch the World Cup final. Do they head for Dartford for the 11am kick off and watch the game there? Or leave after the final whistle presumably from Champion Hill aiming to be there for 2pm I guess? Doable I suppose but tight with traffic & depending on extra time & penalties.

Reserve team manager Jack Badu has been named as the new manager of AFC Whyteleafe Women. I’m informed that captain Helen Bellfield who worked so hard to ensure the Reserve team are playing this season will be taking on the coaching/management role for the time being.1692472199745.png

Back
Top Bottom