Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

It’s p155ing cats and dogs in SE22? Bloody hell it’s dry as a bone in Blackfriars!
It always seems to be a crisp sunny day at CH when I go. Maybe that weather coincides with the biggest wins and so it sticks in my mind… Glad to say my 1-0 prediction was way off.

It always seems to be a crisp sunny day at CH when I go. Maybe that weather coincides with the biggest wins and so it sticks in my mind… Glad to say my 1-0 prediction was way off.
The team seems to be doing a lot better now I’m not there. Hope it’s not a coincidence!!

Disappointing 3-1 defeat in yesterday's 1/4 final against a team the women beat before Christmas. Also the attached tweet from one of Dartford's crew needs investigating. If you look back through her Twitter history she has had positive things to say about Dulwich in the past.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230213-141125.png
    Screenshot_20230213-141125.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 45
Disappointing 3-1 defeat in yesterday's 1/4 final against a team the women beat before Christmas. Also the attached tweet from one of Dartford's crew needs investigating. If you look back through her Twitter history she has had positive things to say about Dulwich in the past.

The club are currently investigating this, wasn't there yesterday but by all accounts it was a poor performance

A blast from the past. The first DHWFC played Hackney at Champion Hill in the F.A. Cup.

Good to see a few friends of mine I’ve made through playing against Hackney in that article. Had the real privilege of meeting Joanie Evans, the founder of the club all those years ago, at the Out For Sport Awards. She had been nominated for Lifetime Achievement, myself for Unsung Hero (after 30 plus years involvement in grassroots football the first such award I’d been nominated for). She deservedly won. Like so many clubs in grassroots Women’s football Hackney WFC is incredibly welcoming of ALL women and non binary people, even at a time when so many sports bodies are being pressured by politicians, media and bigots to exclude trans women from sport.

2-0 up today and then 2-2 by half time. Finished all evens. Decent, fiercely contested game with a bit of (under control) needle in it.
Corrigan’s a great player, always confident playing out from the back.
My god watching these is more fun than the men’s team.

UPDATE for tonight's game

Entrance is via the main reception and there are NO food options other than crisps, nuts and chocolate.

That was a great evening out. Extremely competitive game, lots of quality, exciting conclusion. New favourite cup competition (albeit I’m still not sure which competition it is).

albeit I’m still not sure which competition it is
A curious competition is the Combined Counties League Women’s Cup. Can’t find this season’s fixtures and results on either the FA or CoCo websites 🤷‍♀️ Looking at last season’s just three of the clubs seem to be connected to clubs with men’s teams in the CoCo, Guildford, Balham & CB Hounslow though one of teams I’ve played against (and once with), Rising Ballers, has a CoCo team but don’t enter the cup. Both Kent United (Now Ebbsfleet) & London Seaward entered first and reserve teams whilst entered their youth team.

A curious competition is the Combined Counties League Women’s Cup. Can’t find this season’s fixtures and results on either the FA or CoCo websites 🤷‍♀️ Looking at last season’s just three of the clubs seem to be connected to clubs with men’s teams in the CoCo, Guildford, Balham & CB Hounslow though one of teams I’ve played against (and once with), Rising Ballers, has a CoCo team but don’t enter the cup. Both Kent United (Now Ebbsfleet) & London Seaward entered first and reserve teams whilst entered their youth team.
I think they need to embrace the truth and call it a floodlight cup as apparently that’s a criteria for entry.

That was a great evening out. Extremely competitive game, lots of quality, exciting conclusion. New favourite cup competition (albeit I’m still not sure which competition it is).

It was a terrific match, really glad I went. Good turnout too on a freezing Tuesday night.

I hope there'll be more video of the goals...

It was a terrific match, really glad I went. Good turnout too on a freezing Tuesday night.

I hope there'll be more video of the goals...
Yep. Can’t wait to see both second goals back.
What was the attendance, don’t remember hearing it?

Back
Top Bottom