Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

Big FA Cup match tomorrow away at Aylesford (they play at K Sports ground - Cobdown). The train to Aylesford is tortuous with several changes though. I'd recommend going to West Malling and then a ten minute taxi instead. There are also better pubs there, including the Malling Jug (micropub) and The Bull Inn (Sunday Roast / pies). Alternatively take the train one stop further to East Malling and 30 minute walk via a large orchard.

There are no trains via Denmark Hill tomorrow though. Thameslink services to / from Sevenoaks will be diverted via Herne Hill and Beckenham Junction. Replacement buses will run between Herne Hill and Bromley South via Catford.

Herne Hill to West Malling is 70 minutes with one change.

Also, credit to the Belinda Carlisle fan - I think they’ve completed football songs.
A suggestion for a Cup version, second set of two lines…
“Leaves defenders sprawling, twisted as coppers
She’ll take us to the third round proper”.

I see Gillingham are away to Ebbsfleet from our league on Sunday in the Kent FA Cup. I hope a scout is sent to have a look.

Does anyone fancy being the Buzz reporter for the women's team? I want to give them proper coverage but I'm pretty much running the site on my own right now.

I’d be happy to help out when I can although my own playing commitments mean I can’t make too many games.

A bit annoying. We’re better than them. But what a run.
It’s about glory not cash, but worth noting they’ve made more in prize money than the men.

great atmosphere
great goal from Corrigan
great team performance
great future

credit to the players and volunteers and fans who have built the momentum behind the women's team
a credit to our club

attendance 631 record

Last edited:
A bit annoying. We’re better than them. But what a run.
It’s about glory not cash, but worth noting they’ve made more in prize money than the men.
It’s good to see that there is some decent prize money at last in the Vitality Cup. Last season Clapton lost cash big time for making the third round and being drawn away to Plymouth. Last season I think we’d have picked up around £2k for reaching this stage of the competition; this year it’s closer to £15k. Now we just need to get Peckham Town in the competition so I can get one last shot at glory before “old age” decides to kick in.

Back
Top Bottom