Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cyberpunk 2077

So how was it?

I'm at work, but Mrs o87 has put the disk so it should be ready for when I get in.
I've not felt this level of anticipation since we got a slow cooker.
Can’t really rate it yet. Takes ages to get started. Have only really done one introductory mission and some training. Took some time designing my character - tattoos, hair, penis size, pubes! Looks amazing though. Spent ages in a bar just watching adverts

Can’t really rate it yet. Takes ages to get started. Have only really done one introductory mission and some training. Took some time designing my character - tattoos, hair, penis size, pubes! Looks amazing though. Spent ages in a bar just watching adverts
Did you go for circumcised or uncircumcised?

Ok, so this is more in-depth than most FPS's but true to form for an RPG I'm getting a lot of missions. The whole thing comes across as pretty heavyweight.

Only bug so far is down to my ultrawide screen, when it goes into certain menus it black bars the display (why?) but doesn't pull dialogues in to fit so you only get 1/2 of what's on the panel.

3rd person driving the car is dumb. Two controls for left and right as its got mouse free look when you're driving. If you don't keep them aligned you go off the road in a flash as your not looking where you're going. I'm used to the camera tailing the car as a mechanic and can't see the reason for this design choice.

(I'm saying this and I've not played the game yet - no one told me there are TWO discs! But....) Like I said earlier, I wonder if this is part of media backlash to the hype.
Apart from a quick Google on reviews, I've not seen anything specifically negative on either here, fb, or twitter.
They (CDPR and reviewers) did say that there were a number of issues that wouldn't necessarily be fixed by a day one patch (it was also telling that all the previews went out there way not to be on standard PS4s or Xbox Ones).
Also, from what I remember The Witcher 3 was just as buggy when it was first released, too.

From a personal point of view, if the initial game is a bit 'janky', but the overall story/gameplay is ok, and CDPR are as diligent on the updates as they were with The Witcher 3, then I'm ok with that. One of the saving graces to Fallout 4, was a couple of the mad bugs that made it wither funny or more exciting - ie there was a bit where I was ina gunfight with some supermutant, but then the Railroad spawned in, and then the Brotherhood of Steel, and then the institute and then the Minute Men in this massive battle that went in for a good ten-fifteen minutes

What I find puzzling about the graphical display bugs I've seen, they are obvious, so would have been logged but hadn't got fixed as they weren't severe enough.
I'm wondering what they've been battling with over the last 12 months if the simple stuff hasn't got any attention?

I might pause my playthrough for a month or so.

PC wankers need to get with the programme

As a PC player I can enjoy both the latest, shiniest games to be released (at higher graphics settings and with higher frame rates than consoles), while at the same time enjoying a truly vast back catalogue of older games (including console exclusives and games made for platforms that are no longer supported/manufactured, such as the Commodore Amiga) thanks to backwards compatibility and emulation. Oh and I can also do an enormous amount of other things with my PC apart from play games.

Why in the ever-living fuck would I want to make such a massive downgrade to a console?

Don’t know what a frame rate is tbh, but it’s all about the controls for me and the fact that it goes through your telly and you can sit down in a nice chair to play it instead of an office chair at a desk

Don’t know what a frame rate is tbh, but it’s all about the controls for me and the fact that it goes through your telly and you can sit down in a nice chair to play it instead of an office chair at a desk

Are you deliberately trying to conform to the stereotype of console users as a bunch ignorant know-nothings? You can do all of those things with a PC too. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 controllers can be used on a PC. You can also output a PC to a TV and play from your armchair.

Played about for about two hours now and it feels like it's trying too hard to be cool, punk, etc.

The characters feel empty. The world feels like that it has just been created for the game. Maybe after Red Dead 2 it making me feel a little like it isn't real enough.

Does actually look pretty amazing, GTX1080, 16 Ram and I7-6700k@4.5 , the game suggested ultra settings but they were a little laggy, dropped it down to high and added some extra bells.

Eventhough it does look good, it doesn't feel original.

Has anyone seen the graphics on the XBox One and PS4? It looks shockingly bad. Really really bad and the world is understandably melting down over it.

has some examples, textures taking ages to load so models look like ps1.

Don't get it for PS4 or XBox One right now or hold off it you have it.

The driving and the models remind me of GTA 3, really surprised it looks and feels this bad.

The buildings seem like they been taken from Sleeping Dogs....

Feels like they only did the textures for a third of the game, some parts look stunning but not the streets and roads. I sure I've seen the sam egroups of two or three people walking along the same street over four or five times.

If you have a PC it looks ok.
Gameplay, I've not got fully into the game yet. I must say I prefer 3rd person games that have complex combat mechanics. I'm a bit puzzled at the switch to 1st person, it never works as well with controllers. The character customisation is kinda pointless you'll never see your character post hitting create.

I got bored quite quickly and went back to playing Valhalla - I haven't really given it a chance - it's a slow builder - played it for about three hours and have only just started the first proper mission.

It's like a teenage boy's dream, most of the women are walking around with the tits half out and wearing g strings.

Theres already been a '1.04' update for the PS4, seems to be more of a mission fix thing for later in the game, but it runs smoother now.

I'm enjoying it, but I am at that point where Ilim kind of waiting for something to happen though - which I feel may be the next mission. But I'm working tomorrow and Sunday, so it'll probably have to wait....

Played for about an hour and it looked great but didn't seem to do much beyond press square and occasionally walk between people. Oh shot a few robots. Defiantly a bit slow to get going. Looks great though and felt like it had promise.

Playing on Stadia, I'm amazed at how quick, easy and reliable it is. Although with the style of the game being a sequence of cut scenes so far it feels like most of it could have been prerendered.

Back
Top Bottom