Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cyberpunk 2077

Really loving this tbh. The quests are really well done, some great characters. One of the people I'd done an earlier quest with just phoned me and I was like "yes, gonna love running about with them again!". Like quick hacking people, updating my cyber - the perks are good. It's all great. I think the main thing is that it feels like an actual world going on. I mean you run about killing loads of people and maybe the consequences aren't quite as severe as you might expect but that's a minor quibble. :D

If you hurt civs though, the police will hunt you and chase you (for a minute or so, if you can shake them - but they're everywhere now and they really search, so that's not always as easy as it sounds) and if you fill your little crime meter then maxtac will jump you, and you'll be fucked :D

You can get two free bikes and about eight free cars as quest rewards, so don’t buy any vehicles. If you crack every access point you find you'll never have to buy any quickhacks either. And do lots of the NCPD sub-contract call out jobs, you'll never have to buy a weapon either. However you can't buy crafting components anywhere, so you'll need to deconstruct most weapons to upgrade your own. Oh and you can only upgrade 'iconic' weapons now.

Managed to avoid spoilers :thumbs:

Oh go on then ..
find Nash's Raffen hideout (but don't let Panam drag you there, you'll probably get killed and you won't get a cool extra reward from Rogue!) If you find the hideout tunnel once you have some levels and street cred, 1. it's a lot safer and 2. there's a really really good reward inside

If you hurt civs though, the police will hunt you and chase you (for a minute or so, if you can shake them - but they're everywhere now and they really search, so that's not always as easy as it sounds) and if you fill your little crime meter then maxtac will jump you, and you'll be fucked :D

You can get two free bikes and about eight free cars as quest rewards, so don’t buy any vehicles. If you crack every access point you find you'll never have to buy any quickhacks either. And do lots of the NCPD sub-contract call out jobs, you'll never have to buy a weapon either. However you can't buy crafting components anywhere, so you'll need to deconstruct most weapons to upgrade your own. Oh and you can only upgrade 'iconic' weapons now.

Managed to avoid spoilers :thumbs:

Oh go on then ..
find Nash's Raffen hideout (but don't let Panam drag you there, you'll probably get killed and you won't get a cool extra reward from Rogue!) If you find the hideout tunnel once you have some levels and street cred, 1. it's a lot safer and 2. there's a really really good reward inside
Cars are the only bad bit. Bikes are loads better.

And I've already done that spoiler mission. :( Will the reward still be there?

You only get Rogue's extra reward if you don't help Panam get her revenge after Ghost Town - but the other thing should be there if you go in to that tunnel a few days later, and it's way way better anyway.

I don't think helping Panam on her revenge trip or not makes any difference to this other reward, it shows as a yellow quest icon eventually anyway, and that tunnel has two exits.

I really enjoyed the Aldecaldos questline, possibly my favourite set of missions in the game.

(Sorry tommers , forgot to quote!)

Last edited:
Here's a great spoiler, on the Aldecaldos questline...

Roll a male-body character and choose the flirtatious choices when you talk to Panam, and later on she'll shag you in an armoured hovercraft
:thumbs:
:D

I don't seem to be able to use guns in the Escape All Foods stage, is that right or is it a bug?

Double tapping triangle but just getting fists.

I don't seem to be able to use guns in the Escape All Foods stage, is that right or is it a bug?

Double tapping triangle but just getting fists.
Sounds like you may need to go into your inventory and equip weapons in the weapon slots. Once they're filled, you should be able to cycle between them with single taps on triangle. If you hold triangle you'll get a little equipment screen you can choose from.

Couldn't get it to work.

Basically sprinted past all the bad guys and let the other guy shoot them. Threw a few grenades and a few punches but that was it.

Now on my own with my car and found backpack.

mojo pixy was right. But fuck knows where all the lovely rifles I picked up have disappeared to.

Couldn't get it to work.

Basically sprinted past all the bad guys and let the other guy shoot them. Threw a few grenades and a few punches but that was it.

Now on my own with my car and found backpack.

mojo pixy was right. But fuck knows where all the lovely rifles I picked up have disappeared to.

The main questline is generally good, but the 'gigs' (green icons) are much more immediate and rewarding. You an easily get 12 levels and 15 SC ranks just from doing the 23 Regina gives out i n Watson, and there are some great characters along the way. In general the Gigs are the best element of the game, I wish there were more than there are.

Speaking of the characters though, there's a quest called Sinnerman you get given personally by one of the fixers (you don't find it, they call you when you have enough Street Cred) that is truly one of the most twisted things I've ever seen (though it depends how you approach it, like so much in this game)

Anyway to stop getting so many pointless phone calls and messages, usually when I'm part way through a shootout or trying to get through a conversation?

I've just finished the Phantom Liberty main story and without spoilers...

1. Dogtown itself is fantastic; manages to make even the worst bits of Night City look tame and gentrified. Clothing is skimpier, body mods are wilder - be sure to meet the iconic weapons trader in the stadium

2. The main story is fine, it's fun hanging with Idris Elba and the action escalates nicely. There's a point where you have to choose between betraying one or another character but this jarred with me because I saw no reason V would necessarily betray either, this key decision felt a bit shoehorned in, but anyway it's a minor gripe. The ending is brilliantly low-key, perfect if you want to finally stop playing this bloody game!

3. The 'gigs' are really excellent fun, more complicated and challenging than in Night City, and some with choices that have consequences days later. And Mr.Hands is great, make sure to visit him in person at some point but don't rush in, eavesdrop first!

4. Oh and the new iconic weapons and weaponised vehicles ... :D:thumbs:

I've just finished the Phantom Liberty main story and without spoilers...

1. Dogtown itself is fantastic; manages to make even the worst bits of Night City look tame and gentrified. Clothing is skimpier, body mods are wilder - be sure to meet the iconic weapons trader in the stadium

2. The main story is fine, it's fun hanging with Idris Elba and the action escalates nicely. There's a point where you have to choose between betraying one or another character but this jarred with me because I saw no reason V would necessarily betray either, this key decision felt a bit shoehorned in, but anyway it's a minor gripe. The ending is brilliantly low-key, perfect if you want to finally stop playing this bloody game!

3. The 'gigs' are really excellent fun, more complicated and challenging than in Night City, and some with choices that have consequences days later. And Mr.Hands is great, make sure to visit him in person at some point but don't rush in, eavesdrop first!

4. Oh and the new iconic weapons and weaponised vehicles ... :D:thumbs:

Nice spoiler-free review. :thumbs:

I finished Phantom Liberty on PS5 about 5 months ago and loved it. It’s a shame we’re not getting another expansion.

PSN: CALJO

I won a brand new PC a couple of months back on a paid raffled (raffledup.com), 4070TI Super GPU.

Coincided nicely with my starting a replay of cyberpunk and first play of PL.

I'm playing with all graphics on Ultra/psycho with path-tracing (DLSS set to Quality) and never drop below 90fps. Night City looked amazing on my old 3070 but it is totally unreal now. Loving playing through again.

I bet that looks great, Im not going to have the replay that i crave until i have a proper beast of a system to play it on. such an atmospheric game

Just finished the main story, to be honest it has been pretty underwhelming, I got bored with all the cut scenes, even when skipping them I just felt no connection to the protagonists.

Also, the game play is pretty crappy, seems like there is so much lag in combat with regards to changing weapons and aiming, and my rig is pretty beefy.

Going to start Phantom, but I need a decent story driven FPS to scratch and itch, there doesn't seem much about these days, COD is okay, but soon gets trite. I miss the days of Half life when you could get invested into a game without thousands of cut screens and story elements that I don't really care about.

Last edited:
I think the Phantom Liberty main quest is quite a lot better than the OG main quest, especially if you let Songbird get captured at the point where you have to choose to betray her or Reed. The long mission that eventually follows that is one of the best things in the game IMO. Likewise the job Sinnerman, the whole Panam storyline, Judy's Clouds missions .. actually now I'm thinking about it some of the main plot missions are pretty cool - the big first one called The Heist (and the Maelstrom bit leading to that), the Voodoo Boys mission to the Grand Imperial Mall, the endgame bit with Goro at the big parade - but the Johnny Silverhand cutsceney bits are annoying, I wish they were skippable.

I'm at 98% with this game, so sadly I know it all too well.

Oh and there's a 'hidden ending' you can generate via dialogue options at a certain point (the chat with Johnny in the oil fields) where you take on Arasaka tower solo instead of with Rogue or with the Aldecaldos. It's hard to beat that way, and if you die there's no respawn, quite rock n roll :D

Back
Top Bottom