Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cyberpunk 2077

Important to note that this isn't just the usual "computer games can have blinking lights" thing.
When "suiting up" for a BD, especially with Judy, V will be given a headset that is meant to onset the instance. The headset fits over both eyes and features a rapid onslaught of white and red blinking LEDs, much like the actual device neurologists use in real life to trigger a seizure when they need to trigger one for diagnosis purposes. If not modeled off of the IRL design, it's a very spot-on coincidence, and because of that this is one aspect that I would personally advise you to avoid altogether. When you notice the headset come into play, look away completely or close your eyes. This is a pattern of lights designed to trigger an epileptic episode and it very much did that in my own personal playthrough.
Also that, since writing the article, the author has had loads of people sending her deliberately seizure-triggering videos.

gamers eh

Last edited:
PSA warning for anyone with light sensitive epilepsy, this game has sequences that contain lots of triggers for seizures: Cyberpunk 2077 Epileptic PSA

CDPR say they are working on a proper solution but seems pretty shitty that nobody picked up on this during development or thought to include a proper warning or mode to turn some of the intentional stuff off: CDPR Is Working On A "More Permanent Solution" Regarding Cyberpunk 2077 Epilepsy Concerns

Braindances are something that CDPR has been talking about as a feature for awhile now, and it's an intricate part of the story from start to finish. BD's allow players to interface with memories, often of the deceased, by plugging into a mainframe and diving in. Pretty much everything about this is a trigger and this is something that caused me to have a grand mal seizure when playing to help with our review. This is also a trigger on many levels, starting with the device itself.

When "suiting up" for a BD, especially with Judy, V will be given a headset that is meant to onset the instance. The headset fits over both eyes and features a rapid onslaught of white and red blinking LEDs, much like the actual device neurologists use in real life to trigger a seizure when they need to trigger one for diagnosis purposes. If not modeled off of the IRL design, it's a very spot-on coincidence, and because of that this is one aspect that I would personally advise you to avoid altogether. When you notice the headset come into play, look away completely or close your eyes. This is a pattern of lights designed to trigger an epileptic episode and it very much did that in my own personal playthrough.

edit: sorry I thought I jumped to the newest post but must have hit the bottom of page 1 instead

I'm having a PC built for me in the summer so hopefully it'll be patched to the nines by then. Still irritates that it's now normal for multi-million pound games to be released full of bugs, like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers releasing an album without bass but promising a Flea patch will happen soon

I'm tempted by the stadia offer (£49.99 prerelease with a free Google Chromecast ultra + stadia controller thrown in - i.e everything you need to play the game).

Am watching my friend play this right now. He's having a lot of fun choosing the right penis size for his character :oldthumbsup:

Been playing this for a few hours. It's fun but a little clunky.
It wouldn't let me remap some of the keys, which made playing with mouse and keyboard a pain. I now play using a controller. Hopefully the key remapping will be fixed in a future update.

Anyone played it on PS4 (base model), yet?
I've seen stories of it being either really janky or completely unplayable.
Just wondering/hoping if thats just the standard media backlash post hype?

Anyone played it on PS4 (base model), yet?
I've seen stories of it being either really janky or completely unplayable.
Just wondering/hoping if thats just the standard media backlash post hype?
Just about to fire it up now, downloaded last night

Back
Top Bottom