Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crafty people - semiprecious gemstone chips for beading. 1cm long

Shirl

European
R.I.P.
I'm trying to match some semiprecious gemstone chips to complete re-stringing a necklace for a lovely Urbanite.
The chips need to look like, or similar to, those below and are roughly a centimeter long and almost as wide. I thought they would be easy to find but after trying for a couple of months I'm still struggling. I've tried all the usual bead suppliers that I know of but no luck.
15578765_10211407219840226_5701584051686939737_n.jpg

Also Lola Rose do something similar but only full bracelet,necklaces...Maybe you could find broken ones on eBay, I maybe talking shit..sorry if I am , but people do seem to sell all sorts out there :facepalm: :D

Last edited:
No I wasn't searching for Tumbled Chunky Chips as I had no idea that's what they were called :mad::oops::facepalm::mad:
I was searching for semiprecious gemstone chips :rolleyes::facepalm:
Mind you, I'd never have dreamed of looking at those hippy shit sites :D:D:D

Anyway, thanks. It looks like I'll be sorted if the chips are big enough, I've just emailed them about size. Looking closer at the necklace in the photo it's only the chips at the front that I could use as they are all very small around the back. Yes, hippy wankers :)

Also Lola Rose do something similar but only full bracelet,necklaces...Maybe you could find broken ones on eBay, I maybe talking shit..sorry if I am , but people do seem to sell all sorts out there :facepalm: :D
I'll probably end up buying something to take apart anyway but I'll be able to use any spare chips on earrings or something :)

Buying a necklace to take apart would give me the right sort of mix rather than having to but separate packs of chips

Oi Less of the hippy wankers generalising missus! :mad:

I have a mahoooosive collection of semi precious gems and crystals, an interest sparked when I stumbled across a quarry aged 10 years old (long story, another day)

Do I look like I'm a fucking hippy wanker? :hmm:

erm, actually no need to answer that :D x

How many do you need Shirl ?
Those tumbled stones can be got at a number of places - you buy a little sack and fill it with your selection. I might be passing a couple between now and the middle of Jan ...

The holes might be up to you.

Although I'm sure I went past a "beady" place recently, but the locality escapes me atm.

How many do you need Shirl ?
Those tumbled stones can be got at a number of places - you buy a little sack and fill it with your selection. I might be passing a couple between now and the middle of Jan ...

The holes might be up to you.

Although I'm sure I went past a "beady" place recently, but the locality escapes me atm.
Not sure how many I need but probably laid side by side about 15 centimeters :)

Righto, Shirl let me have a gander over the next week or so (I'll be in at least three places that might come up trumps) and I'll let you know.

sorry Manter the things I'm going to be looking at don't match your item.

Charity shops often have loads of necklaces and bracelets made up of them, I'd have a look there first.

Back
Top Bottom