Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Covid vaccines for 24-25

Brainaddict

slight system overdrive
I assume the main three vaccines are getting updated for the autumn 24 vaccination campaign in the UK but there's weirdly little information about it. In the US the 24-25 vaccine updates are approved and announced by the FDA, and previous versions are withdrawn. For some reason I can only find outdated information here, and no-one seems to be talking about updated vaccines. Anyone know the latest?

Me and Mrs Voltz are booked in for flu and COVID boosters early October

But then we’re both old and I’m special so that may account for it

Feel a bit of a fraud having my Covid booster. I qualify on the basis that I had heart surgery a few years ago, although I've had Covid three times and whilst it wasn't much fun I was in no mortal danger. Last time I went they sort of stared at me and asked why I was there, which I took as a compliment towards my healthy demeanor. I explained and they agreed that if it's offered then why not take it, but I still felt a bit like I was taking the piss.

News about the new vaccines in the US here What to Know About the Updated 2024-2025 COVID Vaccines
Searching for UK information it's like nothing has happened with vaccine versions. Which seems a bit weird.
I have been involved with a vaccine trial or two.
Initially, it was for omicron. For the the second one I acted as an unvaccinated control [not that I got anything like covid during the trial] but that one was a further development.
I've also done a trial for winter flu etc ...

Looking forward to getting the seasonal vaccines this year [Covid, 'flu and if they offer it, RSV]

I've been allowed to book but can't remember if I'm still within the time limits to technically be allowed one (2 yrs since 2 courses of oral steroids for asthma) that said my local pharmacy knows me well and seems fairly flexible. If all else fails I'll consider a private jab (although might be able to persuade the asthma nurses at the hospital to recommend as clinical judgement)

Feel a bit of a fraud having my Covid booster. I qualify on the basis that I had heart surgery a few years ago, although I've had Covid three times and whilst it wasn't much fun I was in no mortal danger. Last time I went they sort of stared at me and asked why I was there, which I took as a compliment towards my healthy demeanor. I explained and they agreed that if it's offered then why not take it, but I still felt a bit like I was taking the piss.
If you want it go ahead and get it I think. I've had a really rough week and the newest strain seems to be going around like wildfire. I had planned to get a booster this year as I'm entitled due to work, but it got me first.

Back
Top Bottom