Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Covid testing : where when how and what happens next.

Daughter not well, grand--daughter off school (with cough), sweetheart also hacking away while I am feeling a bit hot and have had a sore throat for the last coupla days. We did all hang out at the weekend. I do the ONS tests (had my first on Friday) but have heard nothing back yet. Not sure whether to hang it out or try to go and get ourselves tested...although have no idea where or how. Do you think the ONS would get back to me with test results. I think iona is doing this (anyone else?) I am feeling very flustered...

So many people have covid that dont start with these symptoms
Eg sore throat
Migraine
GI upset
Unusual and persistent fatigue
No particular fever
Malaise and aches
Yeah. This is how I've been for about a week. I thought it was just ME stuff but it's not correlated with activity. But I've also had sneezing and a very short lived runny nose.

Then Chemistry had a (small!) fever and he's been working in a school and definitely exposed so got him tested not thinking much of it. Positive test result.

So now I don't know if it's worth testing me as I'm not sure when my symptoms started. Also ftw has definitely been a bit off and I'd ruled anything out due to the sneezing. :rolleyes:

Martha was also very snotty/sneezy before her positive result.
Well exactly. And you can get concurrent infections but yeah. I definitely took note when you said that.

I'm trying to work out the timeline and either we've picked it up from several sources or ftw brought it in from nursery. Or I don't have it at all. :hmm:

Well exactly. And you can get concurrent infections but yeah. I definitely took note when you said that.

I'm trying to work out the timeline and either we've picked it up from several sources or ftw brought it in from nursery. Or I don't have it at all. :hmm:
School & nursery have got to be the worst breeding grounds for it.

I had a negative result but seeing as I had an infected child sleeping on/sneezing at/licking me and 1/4 negatives a wrong, I'm kind of assuming I did have it.
My symptoms were quite vague though - no fever/cough (well, very occasional) but general fatigue and aches, slightly dodgy guts and I do think I had a few days of weird smell/taste.
Hopefully at some point we can get antibody tests.

Daughter not well, grand--daughter off school (with cough), sweetheart also hacking away while I am feeling a bit hot and have had a sore throat for the last coupla days. We did all hang out at the weekend. I do the ONS tests (had my first on Friday) but have heard nothing back yet. Not sure whether to hang it out or try to go and get ourselves tested...although have no idea where or how. Do you think the ONS would get back to me with test results. I think iona is doing this (anyone else?) I am feeling very flustered...
They send the results to your GP (they don't give out individual antibody test results, if you're doing those as well - they will have taken a blood sample if you are). I can't remember if they said they'd contact me directly if I tested positive, or my GP would. Hopefully they have a way of fast-tracking +ve results though as it's generally been about ten to twelve days before my negative results make it to my GP...

No surprise to see this:

People are waiting longer for test results from England's community Covid testing centres, figures show.

Only 28% of tests carried out in these venues came back in 24 hours in the week up to 16 September. That is down from one in three last week, and two in three the week before, NHS Test and Trace said.

Just over 5% of tests took more than three days to turn around. It comes as the government is struggling to increase lab capacity to process tests.

I just got a letter from the NHS to ask me to take part in an English Covid-19 testing research, apparently they will send me a home testing kit at some point.

Back
Top Bottom