Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Council tenant damaged my garden fence

We own the fence to the left of our property, same goes up the street. Unfortunately we also own the fence to the right because we're next to a footpath and the council are bastard cheapskates

We own the fence to the left of our property, same goes up the street. Unfortunately we also own the fence to the right because we're next to a footpath and the council are bastard cheapskates

They probably won't notice if you do something with it.

Council built some new homes behind us. Rather then just sharing the fence, they put up a new one a foot behind us, so there was a stupid gap that was just going to get filled with weeds. We've taken our fence down, put preservative on it and turned the gap into a flour bed. :)

My crazy neighbour painted our communal fence, which is a lattice fence, so now my side has drips of green all over it and look utterly shit. I tried to paint over it and she went mad at me, saying I was dripping colour over to her side. This is the same crazy woman who's trying to get me evicted for having cats (even though we are allowed cats) so I don't think there's anything I can do other than live with a shitty ugly fence. Not that I can spend much time in the garden any more anyway, since every time I go out there she takes video and photos of me.

Want to swap neighbours?

Sorry scifisam, but I had to laugh at this.

I like the housing officer stories in this thread. I'm having an ace barney with mine, but it's too daft so share with y'all, sorry.

Yeah - fences and what not seem to bring out the worse in people.
My neighbour decided to replace the fence at the bottom of our garden. He didn't mention this to me - the first i knew of it was seeing a new fence and a pile of debris dumped on our side instead of an earth bed here id planted some hazel whips.
I pointed it out to him and he replied "it wasn't me - it was the contractor - and anyway you didn't have anything growing there - just brambles". I got him to clear up the shit - but he was very grudging about it and was trying to argue that i should contribute to the cost of the (ugly metal) fence hed constructed.
still not as bad as our other neighbour (now thankfully evicted) who would regularly film us when we went in the garden - when he wasn't banging on the wall whilst shouting a constant barrage of drunken abuse and physical threats. Oh - and playing sectarian rangers songs at top volume at 3am. And cutting our washing line. And ripping the felt roof off our shed.

Back
Top Bottom