Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Council tenant damaged my garden fence

I'm rather amused that the OP actually called the council about this :D

landscape-1464677231-richard-wilson-as-victor-meldrew.jpg
Gardens and fences prompt serious complaints tbf :facepalm: shared gardens in particular. I was once dealt with warring neighbours who hated seeing eachother in their very small shared garden . It had to be divided in the end , it was a very small garden :facepalm:

One of the best disputes I had was two neighbours who were murderous over the ever-thorny issue of the use of a communal rotary washing line.

It's a joy being a Housing Officer, it really is.
One joyous complainant used to email me pictures of dog poo she claimed her neighbour hadn't cleaned up . Her neighbour claimed she was emaiing me pictures of dog poo she had got off the internet. Whatever was true , I was still getting regular pictures of dog poo .

Who the fuck paints their garden fence red? What's wrong with creosote?

It's probably carcinogenic and has been bannned from sale to the general public since 2003. This is an EU decision so post Brexit it may make a comeback. Personally,I love the smell of creosote in the late afternoon.
Creosote/coal tar creosote wood preservatives - Biocides - HSE

As for this hoity-toity paint drip thread by a council tenant hater, it should either be binned or sent to rot in suburban.

How can paint drip through from one fence to another fence, unless you’re talking about two side of the same fence?

If that’s the case then the entire fence including both sides of it belongs either to you or to him (or his landlord).

If it’s not yours then you can put up your own fence against it and paint it green. If it is yours then you can get him not only to repaint your side green, but also repaint his side green, so good luck with that.
My neighbour did this and painted their side of the fence blue and some of it dripped through to our side :eek:

Fortunately I give zero fucks about this cos life’s too short and have solved the problem by planting a rosemary bush on my side to cover it up :thumbs:

How can paint drip through from one fence to another fence, unless you’re talking about two side of the same fence?

If that’s the case then the entire fence including both sides of it belongs either to you or to him (or his landlord).

If it’s not yours then you can put up your own fence against it and paint it green. If it is yours then you can get him not only to repaint your side green, but also repaint his side green, so good luck with that.

Its dripped through cracks in are shared fence. Don't we both own the fence? though he is a council tenant to buy apparently.
just paint the fence yourself, and forget about it.

Im inclined to now do that, but fuck have any type of communication after that. Its the bollocks he has been feeding me since it happened that's most annoying. Just an offer to pay for the paint at least and I can do the rest.

Back
Top Bottom