Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Council tenant damaged my garden fence

sovereignb

This happened about 9 months back. The neighbour next door painted his fence red which has dripped through into my (leaseholder) green fence. He initially looked and admitted fault, stating he would buy paint to cover it. I asked several times and still maintains he'll sort it. I left it for a bit but asked the other day and came up with the same shit. On calling the council today they said they cant do anything. I can see myself holding a grudge over it - I generally don't think its my responsibility to sort out.

Any suggestions?

nintchdbpict000282264249.jpg

True that. He acted entirely independently of the council, in the same way as someone who, say, graffiti'd your wall as they passed by. And in that way, he is responsible.

You might need to be more proactive and hand him the paint, a bill for the paint, and ask him to crack on. Maybe pick a sunny day.

This happened about 9 months back. The neighbour next door painted his fence red which has dripped through into my (leaseholder) green fence. He initially looked and admitted fault, stating he would buy paint to cover it. I asked several times and still maintains he'll sort it. I left it for a bit but asked the other day and came up with the same shit. On calling the council today they said they cant do anything. I can see myself holding a grudge over it - I generally don't think its my responsibility to sort out.

Any suggestions?
Hop over the fence and paint yellow lorries on his side with a small red sorry on each and chortle when he comes round to complain and mangles his words

How can paint drip through from one fence to another fence, unless you’re talking about two side of the same fence?

If that’s the case then the entire fence including both sides of it belongs either to you or to him (or his landlord).

If it’s not yours then you can put up your own fence against it and paint it green. If it is yours then you can get him not only to repaint your side green, but also repaint his side green, so good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom