Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Could you decorate a flat for less than 200 thousand pounds?

Serene

Slightly disgruntled
If you move into a flat that has recently been refurbished with John Lewis furniture and wallpaper nightmare and you dont have between a hundred and two hundred thousand pounds to spend would you be able to do it? Would you hire an internal designer to install an aesthetic colonialism chic? Also if you had the money, how would you bankroll it so that you didnt have to pay for any of it?

If you move into a flat that has recently been refurbished with John Lewis furniture and wallpaper nightmare and you dont have between a hundred and two hundred thousand pounds to spend would you be able to do it? Would you hire an internal designer to install an aesthetic colonialism chic? Also if you had the money, how would you bankroll it so that you didnt have to pay for any of it?

Give me the land and I could build a house from scratch for £100-200k

I dont want Cummings knowing about this. I am budgeting for two hundred and fifty grand, and I shant be using my own money.

My extension which added four rooms to the house including an all new kitchen cost less that half the cost of decorating the flat we're all talking about. The Halifax paid for it and I spent the next decade giving them the money back.
Just what the fuck did he spend all that dosh on?

Normally I wont settle for less than William Morris wallpaper, but as I am concubine status gold leaf will suffice for now.

Anything less than Versailles standard would look tacky. I dont want any cheap, mass produced furniture, if it isnt bespoke it isnt getting through the front door at number 10. I shant tolerate any horrific middle class self-assembly furniture either.

I trust that you wont suggest reproduction artwork. If its from the Tate shop it is a print. Dont worry about being paid, just dont ask where its from.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom