Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Complaining about internet speeds to rip off ISPs

I'm sitting at my mother's place and a download is predicting it will take 3 hours for a fucking 346MB file.
As far as I know she pays top dollar for fibre optic yada yada best service in town with Sky.
How do you get these cunts to provide what they charge you for? Is there a way?

If she’s on fibre (even to the cabinet) it should be much faster than than.

The machine you’re testing this on, is it connected via wifi or cable?

To do a proper speed test you’ll need to be wired in to remove some variables. Then give this a crack https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

What speeds did yer get?

Ok there's some variables. I'm far from the router using a 'booster' between. I'm next to a playstation which is downloading games. That aside it's fucking shocking. I can download an 80Gig game in London in under an hour. There's no justification for slower than dial up speeds (it's usually quicker but not amazingly so).

Anyway, the results:

1670636959384.png

Ok there's some variables. I'm far from the router using a 'booster' between. I'm next to a playstation which is downloading games. That aside it's fucking shocking. I can download an 80Gig game in London in under an hour. There's no justification for slower than dial up speeds (it's usually quicker but not amazingly so).

Anyway, the results:

View attachment 355011

Can you physically plug into the router directly? That’ll help work out where the bottleneck may be. But yea that’s proper slow and the latency is shit.

8.58Meg per second doesn’t sound bad. It is certainly way faster than your downloading speed implies. Is that PlayStation download sucking it all up, maybe?

Back
Top Bottom