Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Communist Party of Britain or Tusc, which should I waste my vote on tomorrow?

tim

EXPLODED TIM! (Help me!!!)
It's London election day and I have a vote on the party-list ballot. These are the two overtly left parties standing. I have voted TUSC before just because they were on the ballot paper and nobody else was. Who if either would Urban recommend?

I TUSC'd; Lab stayed in by 120 odd votes, Tories 2nd. Though Labour bloke favours "more police on the streets to combat thugs" so, you know.

Yeah, this says they left in 2017, although it looks like that was a case of "the SWP leaving because they thought TUSC would be an obstacle to them trying to recruit Corbynists" rather than "TUSC telling them to fuck off", so you can still object to them on those grounds, I suppose? And for all I know they could have rejoined by now, since "let's all get behind Labour" isn't quite as appealing as it was 4 years ago.

I voted Khan for Mayor of London and TUSC for assembly member. In my patch you can be assured that the Labour candidate was chosen to exclude the left of Labour Party.

I voted Khan for Mayor of London and TUSC for assembly member. In my patch you can be assured that the Labour candidate was chosen to exclude the left of Labour Party.
If I was living in London I would do the same.
Shame TUSC didn't stick to areas where they have built roots and have stronghold; such as said Southwark & Lambeth, Coventry, Moulscomb/Brighton etc., rather than spread themselves out all over the place; getting as many candidates to stand as possible.
Mistake they made pre-Corbyn; that, possibly to keep face they've chosen not to analyse with any clarity or rectify.

TUSC candidate in Northfield Brooks/East Oxford got 39 votes, For Britain got 40.
Losing to alt/far right candidate, first time standing and with Italian accent that is close to incomprehensible to average non Italian speaking council estate resident in such an area can be detrimental to left as whole; fortunately Labour Left candidate won it by large majority.

Last edited:
Is that true? Thought SWP left TUSC in 2017.
SWP are pushing British/English People Before Profit.
Not sure how long it will be before standing candidates, although talking to some SWP members in Hackney it's a high possibility it;s on the cards as far as they were concerned.

Back
Top Bottom