Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chuka Umunna rules out serving in Corbyn's shadow cabinet

Lucy Powell MP, vice-chair of Labour’s last general election campaign, said she could also serve under Corbyn if the position was right and certain “conditions” were met.

They don't get it yet, clearly. You don't get to set 'conditions', Ms Powell. He has the backing of the majority of your party - if anything it's the other way around.

They still think they're running things...

Chuka Umunna rules out serving in Corbyn's shadow cabinet

2fb1f0ff1589fb03ffa4814f3aef0929.jpg

Chuka's transformation from the left of centre Compass candidate to a Tory in all but name, is almost on par with the change within the Labour party itself over the past few weeks.

It seems incredible now that the Left of the Streatham CLP back in 2008 saw Chuka as the alternative against Steve Reed (remember him?)

Reed himself would no doubt feel more comfortable under Cameron than Corbyn, But boy - Chuka has now managed to position himself to the right of Reed.

I really wish the Progress lot in Lambeth would just do the decent thing and admit that they no longer hold Labour values and go it alone. The Cabinet has at least five Progress members.

Remember what Comrade Kinnock said about a "party within a party?"

Where does the stuff in the quote marks come from? I can't see anything about umuna making such a challenge (indeed, wasn't he hinting last week that he'd stay in the cabinet if asked?)

He seems determined to make as big a prick out of himself as he possibly can. Running for leader. Not running for leader. Won't work with Corbyn. Let's all get behind Corbyn. I'm resigning. You're going to have to sack me. He's surely lost whatever credibility he ever had even with the cockwombles on the right of the party. Anyway, I hope Corbyn does sack the rancid fucking wankstain.

He seems determined to make as big a prick out of himself as he possibly can. Running for leader. Not running for leader. Won't work with Corbyn. Let's all get behind Corbyn. I'm resigning. You're going to have to sack me. He's surely lost whatever credibility he ever had even with the cockwombles on the right of the party. Anyway, I hope Corbyn does sack the rancid fucking wankstain.
Now now,don't be coy,tell us what you really think. :D

Where has he said he'll resign? In the story in the OP, it just says he's expected to.

A lot of what's going on ATM is just media stirring. No need to do their work for them.

Where has he said he'll resign? In the story in the OP, it just says he's expected to.

A lot of what's going on ATM is just media stirring. No need to do their work for them.

Agreed. I realise that for many of you he's your local MP, but can't quite see why you need to focus on him and his apparent craving for attention.

Maybe a better thread title in the Brixton forum would be something like
Dramatic Labour Leadership result - no local MPs involved

Talking of which has anyone seen a copy of the commemorative Corbyn Morning Star?
None of the shops between Tesco Acre Lane and Co-op Loughborough Junction have it.
Maybe only circulated in Brighton for the Trade Union Congress?

Back
Top Bottom