Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chris Kaba, 24, shot dead by police in Streatham, Mon 5th Sept 2022

I'm not getting my information from newspaper reports... Never mind, this thread is a mess so I'm opting out for now.

I'm not getting my information from newspaper reports... Never mind, this thread is a mess so I'm opting out for now.

Where are you getting it from?

Presumably you mean from local people? Are you implying that you knew him or his friends?

Do you mean you’re not looking at the media at all?

I‘m also getting some chat from non media sources but I’m not relying on that as factual. It’s underpinning some of my reactions and opinions but I’m not quoting any of it,

Since you seem to be saying that you have an ear on the street, you are obviously aware that the gang 67 and the music makers associated with them are not the same people. The people running county lines and using guns etc are not the ones actively making music and putting their faces on YouTube. Of course there are connections but it’s stupid to assume or to imply they’re the same as each other.
Chris Kaba was a rapper with the 67 Drill group, which is anyway a loose conglomeration of people, not one static set of people. The Drill group is associated with the gang and vice versa, but they are not the same thing, they’re not the same people.

Last edited:
Chris Kaba was a rapper with the 67 Drill group, which is anyway a loose conglomeration of people, not one static set of people. The Drill group is associated with the gang and vice versa, but they are not the same thing, they’re not the same people.

Late night thoughts #112: I’m pretty amazed that “rapper” doesn’t feature in the top most dangerous occupations.
We must be losing a lot of paramedics and firefighters. :(

Where are you getting it from?

Presumably you mean from local people? Are you implying that you knew him or his friends?

Do you mean you’re not looking at the media at all?

I‘m also getting some chat from non media sources but I’m not relying on that as factual. It’s underpinning some of my reactions and opinions but I’m not quoting any of it,

Since you seem to be saying that you have an ear on the street, you are obviously aware that the gang 67 and the music makers associated with them are not the same people. The people running county lines and using guns etc are not the ones actively making music and putting their faces on YouTube. Of course there are connections but it’s stupid to assume or to imply they’re the same as each other.
I got it from his own social media, he posted when he got out 😬

Can I say that it is entirely possible for the police to be completey in the wrong when they shoot an unarmed black man and for that man to be a piece of shit.

I don't know the truth of either in this case, but I'm happy to accept both can be true, some people seem to think it can only be one or the other.

Can I say that it is entirely possible for the police to be completey in the wrong when they shoot an unarmed black man and for that man to be a piece of shit.

I don't know the truth of either in this case, but I'm happy to accept both can be true, some people seem to think it can only be one or the other.
You can say that, yes

I mean if you're somehow disputing that then I don't really know where to go. You seem to have made your mind up without knowing lots of basic details. I'm out.

Seems like it may well have been a targeted killing to me. Just one shot. Could be that the police very much wanted Chris Kaba dead for reasons which may never be entirely clear.

I mean if you're somehow disputing that then I don't really know where to go. You seem to have made your mind up without knowing lots of basic details. I'm out.

I’m taking issue with your own “made your mind up” stuff. I fundamentally disagree with your apparent position that the police have the right and duty to shoot people in the street.

Seems like it may well have been a targeted killing to me. Just one shot. Could be that the police very much wanted Chris Kaba dead for reasons which may never be entirely clear.

If he'd been sprayed with bullets no doubt people would be saying it was a targeted killing because otherwise they would only have shot him as much as necessary.

The way it is supposed to work with policing shooting people is that they check after each shot whether the deadly threat has been eliminated, and if it has then they stop firing.

He was armed with a vehicle. Plenty of people on here claim the drivers of "death machines" get off lightly.

If he'd been sprayed with bullets no doubt people would be saying it was a targeted killing because otherwise they would only have shot him as much as necessary.

The way it is supposed to work with policing shooting people is that they check after each shot whether the deadly threat has been eliminated, and if it has then they stop firing.
I'm hoping you can adduce some proper evidence that he was using the car as a weapon when he was killed

He was armed with a vehicle. Plenty of people on here claim the drivers of "death machines" get off lightly.

So let me get this right. You're saying that because he was driving a 'death machine' he deserved to die. Is that right? Jean Charles De Menezes was shot 7 times at close range by 2 firearms officers, this on the other hand would appear to have been very clinical so your claim that 'the way it is supposed to work with policing shooting people' falls over right there.

What do you think happened, then? Talk me through it, as you seem sure the police were in the wrong.
I know the police have form for smearing their murder victims to make it look like their cold blooded murder was justified / necessary, with damage done / objective achieved by the time their stories have been proven to be lies.

We will see if anything happened differently this time.

I know the police have form for smearing their murder victims to make it look like their cold blooded murder was justified / necessary, with damage done / objective achieved by the time their stories have been proven to be lies.

We will see if anything happened differently this time.
Spoiler alert
it'll be lies again

So let me get this right. You're saying that because he was driving a 'death machine' he deserved to die. Is that right? Jean Charles De Menezes was shot 7 times at close range by 2 firearms officers, this on the other hand would appear to have been very clinical so your claim that 'the way it is supposed to work with policing shooting people' falls over right there.

Nope.

If he was presenting a deadly threat to someone that getting shot may have been the safest way to eliminate that deadly threat.

But that's speculation. Perhaps the police officer fired by mistake. Perhaps he just thought he'd have a pop because he hates black Audi drivers. We don't the circumstances yet. As to Jean Charles De Menezes he was held to be a suicide bomber so my claim doesn't fall apart at all.

Back
Top Bottom