Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chris Kaba, 24, shot dead by police in Streatham, Mon 5th Sept 2022

Thing was when the "brave freedom fighters"šŸ™„ stopped their heroic defence of the Irish People thr evil empireā„¢ļø forces went home and stopped murderizing people funny thatšŸ˜
It wasnā€™t quite as simple as that though. The GFA was the result of years (maybe decades) of negotiations. And arguably dates back to the hunger strikes of 1981 and the election victory of Bobby Sands MP.

Thereā€™s a plausible argument that Gerry Adams, playing a very long game, then realises the potential for Sinn Fein to be successful in future elections (remember the ā€œballot box in one hand and an Armalite in the otherā€ quote - Danny Morrison?)

But it took Adams years to convince other members of the Army Council (and certain diehard units like the South Armagh Command) of the wisdom of his plan.

I may be wrong - Iā€™m not from N. Ireland nor have I lived there, but my understanding is that back in the day, Sinn Fein offices were more like citizens advice bureaus. People would seek advice about neighbour disputes and wee teenage shites terrorising their local estate. Not like the major political party it is now

And as for my earlier query as to why the judge didnā€™t offer the jury a manslaughter alternative, this Graun article explains that the difference between manslaughter and murder is not - as Iā€™d thought - just a question of the defendantā€™s intentions, but whether their actions were lawful. Evidently the jury did believe Blake had acted lawfully.
Thank you for this link, good explanation

The Military Reaction Force, an undercover British Army unit, shot Roman Catholics civilian in drive-by shootings in the early 1970s.
Thats is the alligation and it was aired on the BBC paneroma programme around from memory 2013ish- Some soldiers spoke on the assurance that their identity would not be revealed- the programme did identify a number of civilians who were killed who witnesses say were unarmed- In which case the PSNI need to investigate the alligations after the The Historical Enquiries Team (HET) was shutdown from memory a year later. In the kingmill massace The IRA seperated working class people based on their faith and excuted them.

Thats is the alligation and it was aired on the BBC paneroma programme around from memory 2013ish- Some soldiers spoke on the assurance that their identity would not be revealed- the programme did identify a number of civilians who were killed who witnesses say were unarmed- In which case the PSNI need to investigate the alligations after the The Historical Enquiries Team (HET) was shutdown from memory a year later. In the kingmill massace The IRA seperated working class people based on their faith and excuted them.
It is not an "allegation." Ex-members of the MRF are being prosecuted. Furthermore, there is solid evidence of state collusion with the UVF and the UDA. The Kingsmill attrocity was retaliation for an attrocity carried out by a group that had some members who were in the "security forces".

Reactions: Ax^
Apologies.<snip>

So apologies for having put words in your mouth. Although telling me to 'get a fucking grip' was unnecessarily rude, when simply pointing out that I'd mistakenly attributed to you what others were saying would've sufficed.

Well, thanks for the apology, I actually like and enjoy your posts on here.

But, to say I was unnecessarily rude is bang out of order, I've seen you do that on another thread I am watching, in the last couple of days.

Little tip, don't unfairly attack others, and then get upset when they reply in kind.

It is not an "allegation." Ex-members of the MRF are being prosecuted. Furthermore, there is solid evidence of state collusion with the UVF and the UDA. The Kingsmill attrocity was retaliation for an attrocity carried out by a group that had some members who were in the "security forces".
yes i belive an article in the Irish Times ealry this year stated that they face prosecution . A prosecution in law is still an alligation but i dont think charges have have been laid yet ( although i might be wrong) If charges are laid then tt will be for the court to decide on the guilt on the evidence presented- I agree the HET did concluded that the Kingmills attrocity was in relataltion to a string of shootings of innocent catholics being carried out by loyalists; very tragically it was tit for tat; innocent catholics and protestents murdered due to their faith, it was a terrible time- Sein Fein have made some sorts of apologies but need to go further according to the former victim's commissioner. Re collision I think that was the conclusion of the 'stevens enquiry' however it happened on both sides The Irish govt have apologised over the fact that collision took place between the IRA and some garda officers resulted in the deaths of 2 high ranking RUC officers according to the Smithwick enquiry; judge Peter Smithwick said he was "satisfied there was collusion in the murders". Fair play to the Irish govt.

Well, thanks for the apology, I actually like and enjoy your posts on here.

But, to say I was unnecessarily rude is bang out of order, I've seen you do that on another thread I am watching, in the last couple of days.

Little tip, don't unfairly attack others, and then get upset when they reply in kind.
You swore at me, you told me to 'get a fucking grip.' I think it's entirely reasonable of me, in the circumstances, to think that's rude, when I hadn't sworn at you in the first instance.

Similarly, in the other thread, the one I think you're talking about, the Trump thread, the other person swore at me, in a totally unprovoked attack, albeit I then swore back at them. And then put them on ignore.

The reason I didn't immediately swear back at you and then put you on ignore in this thread (like I did with the person on the other thread), is because I accepted responsibility for the miscommunication on my part - ie you were talking in general terms about comments people had made, and I'd replied in a similar vein - leading to your taking it personally, and I apologised for it. And also your name is more familiar to me and I don't recall us having any 'beef' and so would rather give you the benefit of the doubt, given the miscommunications.

So the two circumstances aren't the same. Other than in both cases the first person to swear wasn't me.

The other person swore at me because I'd shared a Tweet and hadn't done some Twitter thread sharing embedding somethingorotherthingymajig that I don't know how to do - completely unprovoked attack.

In this instance, you swore at me due to a miscommunication, arising from both of us calling out comments made generally in this thread.

It really isn't a case of me unfairly attacking others then getting upset when they reply in kind, as you've (mis)characterised it.

In both instances, the other poster (including you) swore at me first.

I hope this clarifies what the difference is.

ETA: And I would add and point out that when I said - "in the other thread, the one I think you're talking about, the Trump thread, the other person swore at me, in a totally unprovoked attack, albeit I then swore back at them. And then put them on ignore" - me responding badly to them was a total knee jerk reaction, I was really taken aback and upset that someone would be so hostile and swear at me for sharing a Tweet from a menswear nerd about the type and weight of fabric and cut of Trump's suits without embedding a thread reader thingy. Totally out of the blue. Totally uncalled for. I don't recall any previous 'beef' with that person and have no idea why they spoke so aggressively towards me for something so inane and inoffensive. I've no idea why they took such great exception and swore at me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom