Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chris Kaba, 24, shot dead by police in Streatham, Mon 5th Sept 2022

To start ramming cop cars when you're in a box is fucking mad, especially when you are surrounded by armed police, it's not the sort of thing normal people do, but, of course, we now know he wasn't normal, and had the gang mentality of anything goes.

And this is why juries aren't allowed this information, because you've totally constructed an image of this man and a narrative of what happened based on racist stereotypes.

Bollocks I have, I watched the body cam footage yesterday and formed my opinion based on his actions well before it became known that he was a gun-ho gang member.

How do you not know that he did this because he was out of his mind with fear?

He probably was, as he knew what he had done in the nightclub, and was facing a long time inside.

Bollocks I have, I watched the body cam footage yesterday and formed my opinion based on his actions well before it became known that he was a gun-ho gang member.

He probably was, as he knew what he had done in the nightclub, and was facing a long time inside.
Better a long time inside than a longer time under ground. But then he wasn't given the choice, was he. And your advice to get out of the car with hands up would get anyone fool enough to take it killed

What?

Who wouldn't be fucking worried being stopped by cops, having recently been involved in at least one, and probably two shootings, I know I would be.
You have stated that his actions were based on the fact that he was a 'gung ho gangster ' and had 'a gangster mentality of anything goes'. That is your narrative based on his background and your beliefs.
But that's all that is. You were not there in his head and are unlikely to ever be in those sorts of shoes.

You have stated that his actions were based on the fact that he was a 'gung ho gangster ' and had 'a gangster mentality of anything goes'. That is your narrative based on his background and your beliefs.
But that's all that is. You were not there in his head and are unlikely to ever be in those sorts of shoes.

How would you describe someone who carries a gun in to a crowded nightclub, shoots a man in the leg, chases him out of the club and shoots him again. In front of multiple witnesses. On the face of it that does sound a tad gung-ho and ever so slightly anything-goes gangster-ish.

How would you describe someone who carries a gun in to a crowded nightclub, shoots a man in the leg, chases him out of the club and shoots him again. In front of multiple witnesses. On the face of it that does sound a tad gung-ho and ever so slightly anything-goes gangster-ish.
It is not relevant to the case being discussed, which is why it was not allowed in court.
It is using a different incident to justify the gunning down of this man who had no weapon at the time.

It doesn't matter how you describe him; it's got nothing to do with him being shot in the head whilst unarmed.

But Chris Kaba’s gun history and alleged links should be irrelevant anyway.

He had his hands up.
His hands were up.

Hands up. Don’t shoot.

It’s okay to shoot a man in the street because he’s got a gun history himself?
Martyn Blake is more permitted to shot a man in the street because that man has a gun history?
It’s more understandable or more forgivable to shoot a man in the street because he has a gun history?

I don’t understand what’s going on here.
I do. Institutional racism.

Having pointed guns at people to get people to comply. Unless people are used to having guns pointed at them.The reaction can be quite random attempting to run bursting into tears fainting Turning round and running into a fence!
So Mr Kaba probably thought he could get away but trying to force your way out of a box with armed police isn't going to work.

It doesn't matter how you describe him; it's got nothing to do with him being shot in the head whilst unarmed.

Not saying it did have anything to do that with. Cupid's description of him as gung-ho though certainly applies to his actions in that nightclub less than a week before this happened. The bodycam footage, to my eyes does not justify a shot being fired at all, indeed the other cops all saying, "Fuck!" suggests they thought it was over the top too. The car was firmly boxed in when the shot was fired.

It is not relevant to the case being discussed, which is why it was not allowed in court.
It is using a different incident to justify the gunning down of this man who had no weapon at the time.

No it's not, well at least I am not, I see it as the reason why he decided to try and ram his way out of the situation, that is not normal behaviour after a TPAC stop, it's rare, and normally only happens because someone has done something/is wanted for serious crime, which we now know was the case.

Whatever Chris Kaba did or didn't do prior to the police stop, either in the days before, or in the minutes/moments before his killing, ie trying to ram police cars and escape, extrajudicial killing isn't acceptable. He was unarmed, his hands were apparently on the steering wheel when he was shot in the head. Inexcusable.

You weren’t there man.

have you ever been arrested?
If so when and why?
And was it violent?
Many decades ago outside the Italian Consulate in Basel Switzerland by armed counter terrorism police in a case of mistaken identity and it was bloody terrifying and initially a bit violent. To be fair to them they were harsh but polite and fair (unlike Italian police). We were taken to the central police station and the car was searched, they definitely stripped the door panels as they fixed a broken one at the back. We were then deported to Germany.

My first time a drunken larappy 18 year old. Took the piss. Second time half a year later gave a bit more mouth. Got folded like a pretzel. Quickly. Since then have learnt to be quiet whilst in custody, which has occurred occasionally in the past 25 years since.
And my muscle memory tells me they are trying harder and harder.

The cop should have been locked up. If the perp had shot the cop in the face through a car's windscreen I doubt he'd be seeing the light of day again. It's fucking weird. Surely out of 12 people on that jury one or two must have had misgivings.

The cop should have been locked up. If the perp had shot the cop in the face through a car's windscreen I doubt he'd be seeing the light of day again. It's fucking weird. Surely out of 12 people on that jury one or two must have had misgivings.
iirc 10 out of a jury of 12 have to agree, so two having misgivings wouldn't matter

I don't know if it has been mentioned but Kaba served a custodial sentence for threatening people with a replica firearm.

I don't think anyone's denying he was a shitbag (except for his family who are mightily pissed off that the judge released the details of his previous antics as it doesn't quite chime with their narrative). But still, we don't do executions in this country anymore.

This is on rather lengthy DM article and could explain the reckless ramming to get out...

"Now it can be disclosed that the 24-year-old motorist was high on cocaine that night and still had gun residue on his sleeve and a balaclava in his car, providing 'strong evidence' that Mr Kaba had carried out the Brixton shooting the night before, Mr Blake's lawyer Patrick Gibbs, KC, said."

I don't quite know what to think at this point. So no opinions from me, just thought I'd share the above. What Brixton shooting the night before though? I thought club shooting was a few days earlier?

I don't quite know what to think at this point. So no opinions from me, just thought I'd share the above. What Brixton shooting the night before though? I thought club shooting was a few days earlier?

Police believed the Audi had been involved in a firearms incident in south London the previous night

Back
Top Bottom