Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chris Kaba, 24, shot dead by police in Streatham, Mon 5th Sept 2022

Tangent on this one but I feel the answer is you deal with your 5. You suspect one thing but you know another. What if the fire is downstairs and the person below is overwhelmed?

Even if you manage a hand off you then get into the murky area of going towards danger.

1 seems a bit harder in execution but simpler in morality.
I think I mentioned my detour because I've been trained to save lives.

A police officer who carries firearms would also say the same thing, I suppose, but they are also trained to take lives too, and this is where it all gets a bit murky.

At the moment, the law (and juries) seems to protect them already, so not sure why the Police Federation are pushing for even less scrutiny and accountability

p.s. And you're right about heading towards danger - it's a no-no, but in the moment when your protection instinct kicks in, who knows?

p.s. And you're right about heading towards danger - it's a no-no, but in the moment when your protection instinct kicks in, who knows?
As always it's a ballance of risk.

I can imagine in reality you would get to the stair case then see what is going on. If you have a bunch of calm people you can hand off to another professional you might want to give run up a flight of stair to get a better picture but I van see why that's mostly a no no. You deal with the problem you have not the problem you imagine.
The people currently in your care are not safe until you are out of the danger zone and if you are out you shouldn't be going back in

I get it though. When the fire alarm goes off I do not leave until my class is clear.

More difficult when you at a staircase wondering if you can get the person lift working.

What? You ain't even from this country. You've got notning apart from ,'the cops. It doesn't help a mouse's dick.

Kaba was executed on the streets. It doesn't matter what he was in life, he didn't deserve to be killed. Too many black lives are dealt with by the cops as if they are disposable, unimportant.

Also wtf has where I'm from got to do with anything? Get a grip, FFS.

Last edited:
I don't know, but here are some options:

Pull the vehicle over and not shoot him fatally, deal with the situation in a less final way.
Not pull the vehicle over, go round his pad the next morning and pick him up then instead of confronting him in a highly charged way that night.

There are other options besides shooting and killing someone.

There's also the how about having a better sort of society where people don't get involved in gangs and violent crime in the first place, but I feel that concept will go way way over the head of anyone in the "but there was no choice except to kill him" crowd.

Back
Top Bottom