Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Child in buggy blown on to London Tube station tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the most appropriate thread to discuss this issue would be the one on which it arose with all the relevant background info. Or is it things getting too quite here and your'e trying to blow on the embers
As I said before he asked for an example of when he had done this. I provided one. I asked him a similar question on that thread but he did not reply. I was only replying to his request for an example.

As I said earlier on the way to stop this happening again is to put barriers like they have at Camden Town to stop crowd surge on all deep level underground stations.

I took him to mean on this thread.
If someone says "When have I ever done this" and does not specify that they are referring to that particular thread then I presume that when have I ever done this means what it says on the tin.

If someone says "When have I ever done this" and does not specify that they are referring to that particular thread then I presume that when have I ever done this means what it says on the tin.

You could be right but I assumed it to be a figurative response to the matter at hand rather than an invitation to dissect his posting history.

I agree with you Spymaster and I hold my hands up to doing some of the baiting. The biggest problem with Bungle is that he's an arsey fucker who can't take responsibility for his mistakes. Like a lot of others here. At least he has the guts to stand up for what he thinks.

These kinds of threads don't cover anyone in glory.

The thing is, the first two issues, he did amend or change them a few posts later but that was just overlooked in the glee from sticking the boot in. The thread was always going to end up here once a couple of posters smelled blood. It is strange because on other threads I see some of these same posters being really helpful and understanding and yet come here and behave differently when part of a mob. And you can blame it all on Bungle but then again it isn't every clumsy unpopular poster that gets this treatment

He did not admit he was wrong on the first two bits. He just stomped about with his fingers in his ears saying "It doesn't matter".
About the 95% thing, he may have eventually started saying "it was a guess" but he never said "OK, sorry, it was just an estimate", he just changed tack suddenly which are two very different things.

and

It is strange because on other threads I see some of these same posters being really helpful and understanding and yet come here and behave differently

Why do you really think this is?

Last edited:
He did not admit he was wrong on the first two bits. He just stomped about with his fingers in his ears saying "It doesn't matter".
About the 95% thing, he may have eventually started saying "it was a guess" but he never said "OK, sorry, it was just an estimate", he just changed tack suddenly which are two very different things.

and

He's a vewwy vewwy bold boy?
:D

Emm no slagging match ..at least not from me geniunely.. tbh access for those whom cannot get about easily on the Tube is frankly a disgrace. Access for familes on the whole getting about on the tube is also frankly a disgrace.
Also when you compare the PRICE for getting about on the tube .. it really sticks in the throat when you can compare it to other places. Hell even Prague with its system has better access and that was built during cold war times.
Yes I know the tube is mostly a Victorian built system but surely it would take time but a small functional lift even if only to be used on request for buggies and wheelchair users is not beyond the building technology of the 21st Century to retro fit into the tube system.
One if the problems with putting in a lift or escalators is the physical space to do so. The Glasgow subway was overhauled like this in the 1970s and not every station has room for escalators, let alone a lift (I'm not aware of any of the 15 stations having one). This is partly because of the station sites - some of which are under tenements and partly because of the design, an island platform with tracks either side. There's literally nowhere to put a lift.

and

It was a guess, but most people know that most internet forums are almost entirely frequented by males.

Also, there is no correct word in the English language to refer to someone whose gender is unknown. So the choice is either "he" or "she".

This is Bungles post where he says 95% is a guess. I sort of realised this anyway (caught up in the heat of internet discussion etc.)
But you want an apology, why? He made a mistake, came clean. Should be good enough, would be good enough for most people but not Bungle.
BTW who is the apology to, is it you personally or the whole t'interweb.

Why do I think this is? (your second point)
I think there are a variety of reasons people get involved and behave in a certain way. Only you know for sure what your motivations were and I could not possibly speculate.

Oh and by the way (KittyP) the other two points, I cannot really be arsed if that's all right with you. If it is important to you, I will make an effort.

This is Bungles post where he says 95% is a guess. I sort of realised this anyway (caught up in the heat of internet discussion etc.)
But you want an apology, why? He made a mistake, came clean. Should be good enough, would be good enough for most people but not Bungle.
BTW who is the apology to, is it you personally or the whole t'interweb.

OK, forget the appology bit, you're right it's not necessary.
But imho he changed tack rather than coming clean well before that. That is where the issue comes from.

Why do I think this is? (your second point)
I think there are a variety of reasons people get involved and behave in a certain way. Only you know for sure what your motivations were and I could not possibly speculate.

Ok then.

Getting lifts into the tube is a painful and expensive business in most cases. However there are some easy wins that haven't been taken, and they really should.

Moving the tube lines up to street level would eliminate all the problems at a (master)stroke :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom