Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Checks v Stripes

moody

Member of The Underground.
Checks v Stripes.

Do you have a preference?

I'm have a quick glance and I seem to have much more in the way of stripey items than I do checked.

I'm not adverse to checked clothes, I love a good dogtooth check, I have a really smart gingham check oxford shirt that I love. I do also have some Paul Smith checked trousers.

But I have a soft spot for Breton style tops, jumpers & tees. Navy or red stripes on pale cream or white background.
Then I have a lot of striped shirts too.

Imo, I would say a checked shirt suits outdoors whereas conversely I would say a striped shirt suits more a work / office environment.

I had a similar thought recently, I realised I have a number of shirts which are striped, but none with checks. I then thought about the office in which I work, and thanks to confirmation bias came to the conclusion that each person is either stripes or checks. Like they're two tribes. I then started to wonder whether I prefer those who wear stripes. That led to a rare moment of self realisation and I got over it lol.

As a result of this, in the last 2 weeks I've bought my first checked shirt. Wearing it will feel like being in disguise.

So yes, this thread title resonated strongly with me.

Back
Top Bottom