Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best quality/value wool jumpers

Hair conditioner also restores shrunk wool to its original size; give the sweater that you or your unthinking friend or partner shrunk a long soak in dilute conditioner and then pull it out to its original shape.
Ooh, nice. I have just the jumper to try this with...

Edinburgh Woollen Mill do some nice stuff, but too pricey for me. I prefer to get my designer labels for a few quid at the charity shop :D
I have Edinburgh Woollen Mills in the 'overpriced ugly tat for tourists' bracket tbh.

This is my latest ganzie

3H1L8HKbrgry_lg.jpg

One of my friends is devoted to this place:
Say NO to acrylic

They make lovely cardigans.
And their customer service is excellent.
I got my ex a couple of aran knits from there. A seam at the wrist came apart. Easily mended..in fact I mended it but I also let woolovers know. They sent a replacement jumper and didnt even ask for the first one back.
Great customer service.

But also on that site you will find jumpers soon to be featured in the Guardian Menswear, knitwear to die for... This one for instance. mjum8066-rdbz.jpg

Last edited:
If you're anywhere near York, try the Mcarther Glen designer outlet. Got 3 x Ralph Lauren merino wool jumpers for 96 quid yesterday. Dont normally wear RL but for that price I couldn't resist. Medium weight, nice fit. Had one on all day today at work and looks/ feels great.

This is my latest ganzie

3H1L8HKbrgry_lg.jpg
All of my detailed aran type jumpers (well three of them) are 100% cotton.
My favourite one, which is cream, has taken 5 years to get the red wine out that Hollis threw over me whilst celebrating his birthday.
I keep thinking though that a big woolen aran or gansey just looks like Broadway Market cosplay?

My favourite one, which is cream, has taken 5 years to get the red wine out that Hollis threw over me whilst celebrating his birthday.
I keep thinking though that a big woolen aran or gansey just looks like Broadway Market cosplay?
People wear them statement like, no coat or anything.

😲

Fuck, man, if i'd know i'd could've got my mum to knit you a new one.. I think her knitting days may be over now though.

I clearly owe you a glass or two of wine, in a glass, next time I see you... :thumbs:

My best one which I wear for fishing got pulled into a belt sander a few years ago whilst I was wearing it. I spent all afternoon trying to save the jumper not really giving a fuck about the sander that cost thrice as much :oops:
Fortunately they both survived and the scar on my moob is referred to as my tiger scratch

Last edited:
My best one which I wear for fishing got pulled into a belt sander a few years ago whilst I was wearing it. I spent all afternoon trying to save the jumper not really giving a fuck about the sander that cost thrice as much :oops:
Fortunately they both survived and the scar on my moon is referred to as my tiger scratch
This helps me on my journey bruv xx

Back
Top Bottom