Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cheap Android phone recommendations

Reactions: Chz
From just £60 at the moment a brand new android phone!
I saw them in Westfield on Friday but know nothing about them other than you get them direct only and sadly Chinese. Got to be worth a look?

Xiaomi UK

I know things move on quickly in the phone world, so does anyone have any recommendations for a cheapish Android for around the £100-150 mark?

Just smashed the screen of my Cubot P20, which has served me well over the last 18 months or so.

Needs a minimum of 64gb of storage for music needs to match the Cubot, but preferably 128 if possible? Any help would be appreciated as ever.

This looks good for £150 (plus two year guarantee)

I was going to say Motorola G8 too - there are 3 or 4 models

and

John Lewis are doing the same phone with a free chromecast - same price, £149.99 - 2yr gtee

I was going to say Motorola G8 too - there are 3 or 4 models

and

John Lewis are doing the same phone with a free chromecast - same price, £149.99 - 2yr gtee

Even better with the free Chromecast

Thanks all, that Moto g does look like a great phone indeed. Ended up getting a Cubot P30 to replace the broken P20 as found a deal for £110 and wanted to spend as little as possible, seems like a decent phone and the screen is great like the old phone.

Might get a Moto g for the other half as her phone is on the way out and the camera is meant to be great (she likes taking pictures). Is that the case?

Just seen Nokia are doing a cheap flip phone.
No idea if it's any good but it's got large buttons

Samsung A20e bought on pay as you go from whatever network you are on (can always use a pay monthly sim only sim, as I do). Good value, good phone, and has VoLTE (4G calling) and VoWifi (Wifi calling), but has to be bought on network to have the correct network firmware for these to work.

£10 off @ John Lewis atm with a 2Yr gtee - £80 instead of £90 sim free/unlocked- will drop further I am sure.

I bought my son a KaiOS phone from CEX a few months back - he loves it. I had a play with it on the train home and was surprised at how good it was compared to a regular Nokia candybar. Wifi, WhatsApp, Google Assistant etc

I was considering the flip, too, as a spare/playing out phone.

It actually looks like a good phone for the money. Wonder if you can customise apps (remove or at least hide) Facebook for example.

Bought an Alcatel 3L 2020 for the other half a few weeks back and seems like a good phone so far. £130, 64gb of storage which is good for spotify/music/photos. 48 megapixel camera on it too, seems to take great photos for the price.

Yeah, seems like a nice phone, the only downside is the screen resolution isn't the highest, but it looks fine to me. And for the money, it's great really.

Gone are the days when I'd pay 30 odd quid a month for at least 18 months for a substandard overpriced phone. I just give myself a price limit and buy the things outright with a cheap SIM deal, makes perfect sense.

Sister just broke her Huawei P20 and asked me about a good replacement.
Wants one with a decent camera (family photo time during school holidays) but is not overly fussy.

Seen any good deals?

Sister just broke her Huawei P20 and asked me about a good replacement.
Wants one with a decent camera (family photo time during school holidays) but is not overly fussy.

Seen any good deals?

P20 is still an OK phone so if she wants equivalent may have to spent a little more. P30 is still very capable and the camera is amazing. Im actually putting up some large canvases I had printed for my Dad at the moment and realise I can read the number of my dogs collar. It's tumbled in price with the p40 being out...

P20 is still an OK phone so if she wants equivalent may have to spent a little more. P30 is still very capable and the camera is amazing. Im actually putting up some large canvases I had printed for my Dad at the moment and realise I can read the number of my dogs collar. It's tumbled in price with the p40 being out...

Argos are doing the P30 'Lite' for £200 which looks decent.

Suggested this and she said it 'does not have Google Play/App store' which sounded odd?

Argos are doing the P30 'Lite' for £200 which looks decent.

Suggested this and she said it 'does not have Google Play/App store' which sounded odd?

It's not as the new ones don't thanks to Trump.

P30 lite is a very different beast and a very different camera, not saying its bad, but if the max is £200 there may be better options.

It's not as the new ones don't thanks to Trump.

P30 lite is a very different beast and a very different camera, not saying its bad, but if the max is £200 there may be better options.
FFS Trump :(

£200 would be ideal, could go a bit higher for a good camera/storage/etc

Back
Top Bottom