Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Change UK: Chuka Umunna resigns from Labour party and launches Independent Group

sure, but you can be sure that - were you to poke your head above the parapet politically - your enemies would take the exact same route to discrediting you.
It's a kind of accelerated evolution in which the 'survival of the fittest' ensures that only folk smart enough to have anonymised their more honest social media life will be make it through the process of selection/adoption. We'll be left with an even purer cohort of devious sociopaths.

christ - where did these people come from? Can anybody apply to be a candidate for the CHUKs? Are they their mates or just randoms who fancied a cushy job in the European parliament. Might fancy it myself. How do i apply?

sure, but you can be sure that - were you to poke your head above the parapet politically - your enemies would take the exact same route to discrediting you.

Fair. I'd best kill 'em all then, in case I ever want to be an MEP.

christ - where did these people come from? Can anybody apply to be a candidate for the CHUKs? Are they their mates or just randoms who fancied a cushy job in the European parliament. Might fancy it myself. How do i apply?

They had 3700 applications to stand as an MEP for them, hence this post...

IIRC the Brexit Party claims to have over 9,000 'expressions of interest' from people wanting to stand for them.

I think I may as well apply to both, hedge my bet. :thumbs:

Mulready made a name for herself as a Blairite critic of Corbyn during the Haringey Council clusterfuck last year, finally resigning from the party a few days before she was due to be disciplined for something or the other - IIRC she was given a byline in one of the national newspapers to rant about it. All this material was well known and circulated then - I can only assume CUK knew about it and didn't think it mattered (I dunno yet whether it does).

Speaking of the Lib Dems, this strategy document detailing how TIG plan to overtake them has been leaked today...

D46SsrsX4AAs_Cp.jpg:large

So basically, this lot have the tactical nous of the lib dems, combined with the racism of UKIP? ((((Mould breakers)))))
c is for crass, but not like the group
h is for horrible, tho they think it's fun
a is for arseholes, which is all of the troop
n is for nous, of which they have none
g is for greedy, which all of them are
and e is for eejits, which they take us all for

u is for useless and k is for kunts
there ends my rhyme, and i've said it once

Speaking of the Lib Dems, this strategy document detailing how TIG plan to overtake them has been leaked today...

D46SsrsX4AAs_Cp.jpg:large

"Supporter" and "supporter list" is a bit of a giveaway there, contrasted as it is with activists / members. Yes, you can by all means support us but no, you won't be able to do anything that a member does. That is the old politics.

The entire project is genuinely hilarious and I'm getting a lot of pleasure from it. These are people whose egos are so out of proportion to their political competence that at a time when centrist politics is crumbling across the Western world, when the UK's own centrist party has been dealt a blow from which it may never recover, these people got up one day and said: 'I know, what the UK really wants is another centrist party'. They will quickly fall into the obscurity they so richly deserve even without these public cock-ups with candidates. And they did the best possible thing they could do to improve to the Labour Party too, so everybody wins really. Except them :D:D:D

Keep 'em coming!

Change UK has been dragged yet another racism row, after one of its candidates was accused of pedalling “anti-Muslim tropes” and “legitimising the far-right”.

Nora Mulready, who is standing for the party in the coming European Parliamentelections, had conflated Islam with terrorism, suggesting it was a “fallacy that Islamism is nothing to do with Islam” and that radical Islamism could be “Koranically justified”.

In separate comments she also said the concerns of far-right leader Tommy Robinson should be addressed because he had “hit [a] societal nerve and that needs to be acknowledged”.

Change UK candidate in Islamophobia row after Muslim terrorist and Tommy Robinson comments emerge

also noticeable how lacking they are in well known candidates - other the mps who have they got. any well known journos? ex-mps? Any famous 2nd ref/remainers amongst them? slebs?
Brexit party have anne widdicomb and clare fox standing - yeah i know - but they have some sort of profile - the CHUK clowns ... who the fuck are they? It hardly smacks of catching the mood of the country does it?

also noticeable how lacking they are in well known candidates - other the mps who have they got. any well known journos? ex-mps? Any famous 2nd ref/remainers amongst them? slebs?
Brexit party have anne widdicomb and clare fox standing - yeah i know - but they have some sort of profile - the CHUK clowns ... who the fuck are they? It hardly smacks of catching the mood of the country does it?

They have Boris Johnson's sister (who is always in the Evening Standard but no one really knows why or what she does). They also have some ex journo called Gavin Esler or something.

Are you suggesting Gavin Esler doesn't come with his own personality cult? :confused:

A lot of them are quite famous on twitter for being perfomatively angry at Jeremy Corbyn.

Back
Top Bottom