Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Change UK: Chuka Umunna resigns from Labour party and launches Independent Group

Also I don't imagine they have a massive pool of people to draw on.
Hang on, I thought they'd had 'thousands of expressions of interest', surely some of those people must be capable, or at least as capable as the 'partners' they've appointed, which may not be saying much...

Brexit Party MEP bit of a shoe in lots of gammon are going to vote as a protest £70k a year loads of expenses and a pension given most of UKIP MEP's fucked off you don't even have to listen too saint nige.

I want to join the quotathon...

"There is also the deep irony of running as the Change party when your entire reason for existing is that politics already changed and you don’t like it."

lol
after the next election they will be the spare change party, elbowing their way past the homeless and indigent to demand money from passers-by on the basis of their former glory

Also, did none of the MPs who resigned from their previous parties, or their advisers, query the wisdom of calling their new party Change UK, which will get abbreviated to CUK, which sounds like cuck, the alt-right's favourite insult?

I mean UKIP MPs, members and supporters get called Ukippers or 'Kippers, so why no one thought that those associated with CUK might become known, pejoratively or otherwise, as Cuks, is baffling.

Also, did none of the MPs who resigned from their previous parties, or their advisers, query the wisdom of calling their new party Change UK, which will get abbreviated to CUK, which sounds like cuck, the alt-right's favourite insult?

I mean UKIP MPs, members and supporters get called Ukippers or 'Kippers, so why no one thought that those associated with CUK might become known, pejoratively or otherwise, as Cuks, is baffling.

It’s not really baffling, they are all just thick as pig shit.

Albeit from an obviously sympathetic (probably LibDemish) poster, this comment on Smithson's Political Betting site makes a few interesting points about the political premature ejaculation that is/was ChUKa...

“..Sad to say, I am beginning to think that TIG has blown its chance. They ducked the opportunity to do a policy declaration a la Limehouse, because both Tory and Labour defectors wanted to cling to the belief that “they didn’t leave their party, it left them”, which obviously doesn’t compute. So there was no call to arms for people looking for a new approach to politics.

They oversold the prospect of getting a steady flow of recruits. Even on political reform only Chuka has tried to set out a comprehensive agenda, leaving doubts as to what their MPs really think about PR or Lords reform. Their social media performance has been somewhat lame. Their choice of namedoesn’t really work and their very poor logo wasn’t accepted by the EC. They gave a cold shoulder to the LibDems and don’t really seem to understand what it means to be a third party in our political system.

Now it looks like they could become merely a vehicle for former MPs who lost their seats and former MEPs rejected by the main parties to try and resurrect their careers. Candidates chosen and ordered into a list by an opaque interview process, because they don’t yet have any formal membership structure. An end point a very long way from the change they initially promised. Indeed aside from Chuka’s political reform speech and some stirring opposition to Brexit from Soubry and Leslie, it isn’t clear what they actually offer, and it certainly doesn’t appear to include very much ‘change’.

The sadness is that if they fail, it will close off the chance for others to do a better job. Leaving Farage as the only chance of ‘breaking the mould’ – and he is surely likely to lose interest once Brexit is out the way, whatever he says now about his longer term objective.”
That first bolded point seem an important one and along with the death of RW media interest as soon as they absorbed Tory MPs, seems set to limit their impact.

It's like a really stoned version of that Tory twat stance.

tory_stances.jpg

Back
Top Bottom